Chinese NT 2016

• Zeng Chun-lei looks GORGEOUS.
    Also love how Zhang Xiao-ya is wearing a straight up tuxedo. :D

Yes and yes (tuxedo totally rocks)! :D They all look stunning, just wow :obey:

• Zeng Chun-lei doesnt seem to be that hot at the court :love: :rose:

• Regarding the libero, I guess the main choices for Rio are Lin Li and Wang Meng-jie... Wang played greatly today, she made a couple of terrific, game-changer saves in the 4th set, and in general played well in today's match and earlier ones. WGP 2016 should be a key and the last trial field for the Olympian candidates.

Interesting, for Lang Ping and Main China Women Team Important Play in Finale Grand Prix-2016 (6-10 July) in Thailand (where will 5 Best National teams + Thailand (how Host), or Better how in Last Year : when China send in Finale Grand Prix-2015 (in USA) young and weak Team, but on World Cup-2015 take Gold. ( I am think Victory in Finale Grand Prix-2016 do not need for China NT :olympia: and Lang Ping - Olympic Games in Rio (for Gold) just more Important. :woohoo: :flower: :super:

• IMO, the most powerful starters is Zhu Ting, Zhang ChangNing, Yuan XinYue, Yan Ni, Ding Xia, Gong XiangYu and Chen Zhan.
    As native fans, I also optimistic about the prospects of Gong XiangYu

he

• Interesting, for Lang Ping and Main China Women Team Important Play in Finale Grand Prix-2016 (6-10 July) in Thailand (where will 5 Best National teams + Thailand (how Host), or Better how in Last Year : when China send in Finale Grand Prix-2015 (in USA) young and weak Team, but on World Cup-2015 take Gold. ( I am think Victory in Finale Grand Prix-2016 do not need for China NT :olympia: and Lang Ping - Olympic Games in Rio (for Gold) just more Important. :woohoo: :flower: :super:

OF COURSE Rio OG is much more important than this annual tournament... unless CHN is also aiming at obtaining the WR#1, the WGP is one of the counted tournaments. But I believe they will concentrate to the Rio OG fully... WGP is a perfect opportunity for the last line-up experimentation, in deciding the 12 Olympians.

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• if i remember correctly , gong xy was at montreux last year, and she didn't make much of an impression. i guess a year later, she has developed really well. or maybe i'm thinking of under-23 WCh when i saw her?????

You're quite right! Just yesterday I watched the replay of CHN vs NED in the 2015 Montreux Volley Masters (btw I downloaded this youtube video by mistake, thought it's the current one :-) lol). From the CHN's Uxx team (not sure which one), there were some faces that I recognize: Liu Yan-han, Wang Meng-jie, Zheng Yi-xin and Gong Xiang-yu. Same thing at the Holland team, there were some faces that compose the current team... Stoltenborg, Pietersen, Schoot, Sloetjes, Buijs, and the young Plak just stood at the bench.

Well, no player performed outstandingly from that Chinese team, not Gong either. NED just beat CHN 3-0 (25-18, 26-24, 29-27) in that Group Stage match (27 May 2015).

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• From yourHIGHness' links above, the 2nd pic of the NT members who attended is too cool to be missed out :flower:

• From my experience, coach Lang never bothered about the result in WGP finals, but she would always send a stronger squad for the preliminaries.
    It is very brave of her to do that, ensuring a place in the final week but also allowing the subs to play what they can during the final weeks. It paid off for the last two season. In 2014, Zeng was a first timer captain, Shen played a few matches, Liu XT was the best OH, Yuan was reliable. They played quite well in WCH final.
    In 2015, Ding played some awesome matches, Liu YH secured her place for WC, Zhang was given enough exposure, Wang was convincing. It showed that the bench players of the WC squad was quite promising. haven been seeing the bench players as strong as this before.

• From my experience, coach Lang never bothered about the result in WGP finals, but she would always send a stronger squad for the preliminaries.
    It is very brave of her to do that, ensuring a place in the final week but also allowing the subs to play what they can during the final weeks. It paid off for the last two season. In 2014, Zeng was a first timer captain, Shen played a few matches, Liu XT was the best OH, Yuan was reliable. They played quite well in WCH final.
    In 2015, Ding played some awesome matches, Liu YH secured her place for WC, Zhang was given enough exposure, Wang was convincing. It showed that the bench players of the WC squad was quite promising. haven been seeing the bench players as strong as this before.

yourHIGHness, you just described it so well, I believe that's what they will do this time too.

Moreover the final six will be too inconveniently close to Rio OG from their perspective, my guess.

Edited once, last by samsara ().

• You're quite right! Just yesterday I watched the replay of CHN vs NED in the 2015 Montreux Volley Masters (btw I downloaded this youtube video by mistake, thought it's the current one :-) lol). From the CHN's Uxx team (not sure which one), there were some faces that I recognize: Liu Yan-han, Wang Meng-jie, Zheng Yi-xin and Gong Xiang-yu. Same thing at the Holland team, there were some faces that compose the current team... Stoltenborg, Pietersen, Schoot, Sloetjes, Buijs, and the young Plak just stood at the bench.

Well, no player performed outstandingly from that Chinese team, not Gong either. NED just beat CHN 3-0 (25-18, 26-24, 29-27) in that Group Stage match (27 May 2015).

2015 Montreax Chinese roster: (U23 NT)
    S - Chen Xin-tong, Cheng Long
    OP - Qin Si-yu (also OH), Gong Xiang-yu (also S)
    OH - Liu Yan-han (also OP), Song Mei-li, Duan Fang
    MB - Zhang Yu, Xu Jiu-jing, Zheng Yi-xin, Wang Jia-min
    L - Huang Liu-yan, Wang Meng-jie, Wang Wei-yi (as an OH)

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• 2015 Montreax Chinese roster: (U23 NT)

Schedule ( Timetable) for my Favorite Chinese Team in RIO-2016 (in Group) : CHINA-NETHERLANDS (6 August) ; CHINA-ITALY ( 8 AUGUST) ; CHINA-PUERTO RICO ( 10 AUGUST) ; CHINA-SERBIA (12 AUGUST) ; CHINA-USA ( 14 AUGUST). All Matches of CHINA NT will be Begin (Started) in 9-30 ( in the First Shift ), only last Match with USA will in 15-00 ( in Second shift). :offtopic: :flower: :dance6: I Hope on 1-first Place in Group for CHINA !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cup:

• 2015 Montreax Chinese roster: (U23 NT)

My Favorite roster of Chinese female NT (for all time) : SUN YUE, Li Yan, Cui Yongmei, Wu Yongmei, Qi He, Pan Wenli, Liu Xiaoning, Wang Lina, Wang Ziling, Wang Yi, Lai Yawen, Zhu Yunying - Atlanta-1996 (Head Coach : Lang Ping). and for Tokyo-1998 :drink: : SUN YUE ( № 11), Li Yan ( № 2), Lai Yawen ( № 1), Cui Yongmei ( № 3), Wu Yongmei ( № 5), Zhu Yunying ( № 4), Qi He ( № 7), Yin Yin ( № 8 ), Li Yizhi ( № 9), Wang Ziling ( № 10), Wang Lina ( № 15) and QIU AIHUA ( № 12) - Head Coach also Lang Ping. :flower: :dance6:

• The unofficial (?) roster of Week 2 of WGP2016:
    S - Shen Jing-si, Ding Xia
    OP - Zeng Chun-lei, Yang Fang-xu, Gong Xiang-yu
    OH - Zhu Ting, Hui Ruo-qi, Zhang Chang-ning, Liu Yan-han
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Xu Yun-li, Yan Ni
    L - Lin Li, Chen Zhan

Only Hui Ruo-qi replaced Liu Xiao-tong.
    Wei Qiu-yue is not back.

My favourite roster of Chinese (in 2022)
    male NT:
    S - Yu Yao-chen, Chen Lei-yang
    OP - Jiang Chuan, Dai Qing-yao
    OH - Zhang Jing-yin, Yu Yuan-tai, Liu Li-bin, Fu Hou-wen
    MB - Zhang Zhe-jia, Peng Shi-kun, Li Yong-zhen, Jiang Zhen-yang
    L - Yang Yi-ming, Yang Tian-yuan

female NT:
    S - Yao Di, Diao Lin-yu
    OP - Gong Xiang-yu, Sun Xiao-xuan
    OH - Li Ying-ying, Wang Yi-fan, Wu Meng-jie, Zhuang Yu-shan
    MB - Yuan Xin-yue, Wang Yuan-yuan, Zheng Yi-xin, Liu Yu
    L - Ni Fei-fan, Xu Jia-nan

• Judging from the starter line-up fielded by Lang Ping in the 1st week of WGP 2016,
    the Chinese 12-member Rio Olympian team :olympia: to my early guess are:

OH: Zhu Ting, Zhang Chang-ning, [Hui Ruo-qi]
    MB: Yuan Xin-yue, Xu Yun-li, [Yan Ni], [Yang Jun-jing]
    OP: Gong Xiang-yu, [Yang Fang-xu / Zeng Chun-lei... choose 1 of 2]
    S: [Wei Qiu-yue / Ding Xia / Shen Jing-si... in arbitrary order, choose 2 of 3)
    L: Lin Li (one libero only]

* Players in the brackets are tentative; the few more matches in week 2 & 3 WGP, esp those against the strong teams like BRA, SRB and USA will give clearer picture of the selected team, incl. the players sent to the final six (those who play in Bangkok may not be the selected ones indeed).

What do you think?