Men's European Championship 2017

• Congrats Germany! After saving 2 match points, they did it!
    Congrats Giani, second ECH final in a row! :heart:

Serbia was 10-8 and then,thanks to Hirsch serves, Kampa defense and Atanasijevic mistake, Germany led 13-11 :box:

• Atanasijevic is such a choker. Hope the guy does not bring the disease again to Perugia. :super:

Shame must be loving this. :gone:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Hirsh :white:
    Not the first time he enter for the serve and score an ace, good job.

And now I'm waiting for shame comment :P Guess who spiked out?

But the libero is the new Serbia chocker :what: How could he forgot the setter isn't on court? :aww:

But the question is why is the setter not on the court? This loss should be blamed on Grbic.

• Is Atanasijevic ever going to win anything? :gone:

To be honest, I expected him to choke... but in the final!

Congrats Germany, I must say I thought they were the weak link of the final4, but I guess I was wrong :rose:

And let me say 'well done' to 'our' Giani as well, second final in a row with a different team, and not a main favorite again! Even if this time it may have been a bit more predictable.
    Guidetti 2.0 :P

• But the question is why is the setter not on the court? This loss should be blamed on Grbic.

That's not the first time neither the last than a setter is put out of court to rise the block in a crucial moment, usually with precise indications...
    Anyway, even if Grbic did a bad call, the libero should have made a decent set :aww:

• To be honest, I expected him to choke... but in the final!

Congrats Germany, I must say I thought they were the weak link of the final4, but I guess I was wrong :rose:

And let me say 'well done' to 'our' Giani as well, second final in a row with a different team, and not a main favorite again! Even if this time it may have been a bit more predictable.
    Guidetti 2.0 :P

That´s true! As well as nobody expected Slovenia in the final two years ago, I think that not even the german fans expected to play for the gold this year (most of all, after losing the WCH ticket in such a way some months ago).

Congrats Giani :super:

• Congrats to Germany. :drink:

I always thought that Germany would have more chances vs Serbia than Belgium vs Russia, if Russia keep on playing like they did in previous games.

Grozer is so important, it seems they are a tottaly different team with and without him. With Grozer all players are more confident. Nice to see Germany in a final after such a bad year.

Serbia again lost a important game. This generation is so good but they can not archieve results that i think they can.

• Sometimes I think that Grbić really doesn't know what is he doing, ya know...

:aww:

Congratulations to the winners, I am even happy for them, since still I have some sentiments for Grozer and Kampa is precious with his hairstyle sets. It looks like polish land is lucky for German guys, since they also surprised the world there 3 years ago ;)

• Surely Giani is not Guidetti .Guidetti is doing wonderful job at club level ,if I'm not wrong Giani had to resign several times because of poor results .No doubt he is better than Blengini (Germany's overall talent is not better than Italy) but luck is on his side

• Atanachoker once more killed his own team with crucial mistakes.

Fourth set: blocked once on the 23-23.

Fifth set: Germany came back digging his spikes, he disappared from the court as always.

Serbia won every single competition where Atanasijevic didn't play in the last 2 years. :whistle:

I hope Perugia gets ride with this player as soon as possible. We have a real opposite with balls of steel like Zaytsev.

• That´s true! As well as nobody expected Slovenia in the final two years ago, I think that not even the german fans expected to play for the gold this year (most of all, after losing the WCH ticket in such a way some months ago).

Congrats Giani :super:

Final with Slovenia was bigger sensation than this one. Back then Slovenia eliminated The Netherlands, Poland and Italy. Now Germany had much easier path to the finals :wavy:

• That's not the first time neither the last than a setter is put out of court to rise the block in a crucial moment, usually with precise indications...
    Anyway, even if Grbic did a bad call, the libero should have made a decent set :aww:

Well said. It was a relatively easy ball and they have trained so many times for this situation - so it is very much a tactic that works when executed correctly. Serbian men doing what the Serbian women did at the Grand Prix! This tournament continues to defy the odds - although the head to head record suggests Germany should have won..

• :rolll: :rolll: when Atanasijevic hit that ball out ,you were the first one came to my mind :lol: BTW when did you become Zaytsev fan?