Men's European Championship 2017

• :super: :dance4:
    had a season prep tournament myself today and it ended that we watched the fifth set with a bunch of of people in front of one or two smart phones, following the stream. Pretty good athmosphere :cheesy:

I would guess, 80 % of the people (Volleyballer) didn't even know before that there is something like ECH going on, which is somehow telling on german volleyball. But its not the time for a rant now.........

Just hope the russians have some mercy with us tomorrow. I said it from the first day that they look great. Great balanced team, with fantastiic individuals like Grankin and Mikhailov.And it seems that they pretty much enjoy playing together.

The general level of this ECH might be another topic but it is troo late now....... :drink: :sleeping:

• If our German NT wins "just" a set against this Russian NT, I would be impressed very much. Betting quotes are about 5.5 for Russia against 1.12 for Germany, which means also no realistic chance for the first time finalists with many-years Russian superleague member Georg Grozer... (next season playing for Novosibirsk, some years ago several years in a row for Belgorod).

• If our German NT wins "just" a set against this Russian NT, I would be impressed very much. Betting quotes are about 5.5 for Russia against 1.12 for Germany, which means also no realistic chance for the first time finalists with many-years Russian superleague member Georg Grozer... (next season playing for Novosibirsk, some years ago several years in a row for Belgorod).

I think you mean 1.12 Russia and 5.5 Germany ;) If it was 5.5 Russia I would sure place a lot of money on betting today :lol:

Regardless of what happens I'll be rooting for Germany, the underdogs here. I actually don't think Russia will win 3-0. It's a final and finals can be unpredictable, who knows the Germans might surprise us... :box:

• I think you mean 1.12 Russia and 5.5 Germany ;) If it was 5.5 Russia I would sure place a lot of money on betting today :lol:

Regardless of what happens I'll be rooting for Germany, the underdogs here. I actually don't think Russia will win 3-0. It's a final and finals can be unpredictable, who knows the Germans might surprise us... :box:

Tradition also plays a role. Germany has a very successful history against Serbia in important matches, while they lost 3-0 to Russia both at the 2014 WCH and 2016 Berlin OQT.

• Tradition also plays a role. Germany has a very successful history against Serbia in important matches, while they lost 3-0 to Russia both at the 2014 WCH and 2016 Berlin OQT.

Umm... In fact, it was 3-1 at the Olympic qualification SF, and two out of three sets that Rus won were very close. I would say, this was by far more difficult game for Rus than the final vs France.

If I were you guys I would suggest doing a thorough doping test after the Belgium game :). Volkov's attacks were coming a half-meter over the block. I bet Rus were still "on weights" at the beginning of the tournament so they would peak during the KO stage.

• guys any link to watch the bronze and gold medal match tonight? thanks in advance

• guys any link to watch the bronze and gold medal match tonight? thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEVolleyball

or

http://livetv.sx/enx/allupcomingsports/5/

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Petric is raining errors for Serbia.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Kovacevic will probably get a red card for his trashtalking if he doesn't stop.

#FreeBritney

• Jovovic's setting has gotten imprecise each minute.

#FreeBritney

• That spike was worth a challenge. Poor judgment from Luburic and Grbic.

#FreeBritney

• Libero is too slow for Serbia. There's just too many times the wing hitters are taking the free balls that are meant for the libero.

#FreeBritney

• Serbia takes the Bronze Medal.

That was an intense exchange of points. Serbia won the game with their early lead from the beginning of the tiebreak.

Luburic is definitely the MVP of this match.Very defensive for an opposite and racked the points in attack and ace

#FreeBritney

• I'm happy for Serbia, congratulations for their bronze medal. Petric in the end had some nice spikes, I'm glad especially for him as I really like him as a player.

Congrats also to Belgium, they are growing a lot as a team, they showed good things in this tournament. Van de Voorde is such a strong MB!