Russian NT 2016

• If Sokolova and Hodunova are among the 15 best players of Russia, Russian volleyball definitely has something to worry about.

The little I saw of Hodunova in Russian Cup F4 did not look to me like she's the next big thing. Russia better hope that Kosheleva and Scherban stay healthy and in shape for a long time :whistle:

Sokolova might not be one of the 15 best anymore, but she fills a relevant function to the team now since Kosheleva struggles so much in reception nowadays. Nothing new, but this season shes been a living powder keg in that regard. Therefore the team are obviously in desperate need of a stable receiver that can emancipate some burden on the main target Kosheleva which is a space that can be covered by Sokolova. Her attack has declined gradually since like 2010 but I believe she still might be one of the most adequate players in this kind of role for Russia now and therefore required for the sake of the system rather than her capability overall as a player. However, I also consider Scherban as a appropriate candidate for this kind of task and I hope she will get a shot in the starting lineup but I doubt it.

• Whenever I watch Krasnodar Sokolova looks like a VERY shaky receiver to me. She's not necessarily prone to making direct mistakes but her passes are all over the court. I think Scherban is a much more solid player in all elements.

• Those yawning comments on Russian women's volleyball fansite on facebook are just gross, whenever some news come up, they ask where Gamova is, where Sokolova is, how suck the younger players and most of all I even saw people asking Borodakova's come back. Ridiculous :rolleyes: I suppose they are somewhat brainwashed and won't change even Sokolova gets 45 (I wonder when she will retire...).

• Whenever I watch Krasnodar Sokolova looks like a VERY shaky receiver to me. She's not necessarily prone to making direct mistakes but her passes are all over the court. I think Scherban is a much more solid player in all elements.

I agree but Sokolova just dances around and smiles graciously with her Restylane-lips with a seemingly very carefree, relaxed attitude in this kind of matches while lifting some heavy moneybags as salary for the amusement. Her passion might gear up some - highly necessary - degrees when it comes to NT otherwise I doubt she would participate at all and with better concentration she might be able to pick up her reception skills again, seems not that far-fetched to me even though not granted of course. However, my point is that these league matches might not provide us with a great measuring-stick to define her current level given her character, she is no Gamova that are able to constantly trigger herself regardless of the circumstances.

• Those yawning comments on Russian women's volleyball fansite on facebook are just gross, whenever some news come up, they ask where Gamova is, where Sokolova is, how suck the younger players and most of all I even saw people asking Borodakova's come back. Ridiculous :rolleyes: I suppose they are somewhat brainwashed and won't change even Sokolova gets 45 (I wonder when she will retire...).

They don't watch the Russian volleyball closely each season. They just stuck in the past. Most are foreign fans who visit that site.

• Interesting facts referring to recent news.

- Anastasia Samoylenko isn't still fully recovered and that's what Marichev worries about, however she has played in her club and showed some positive signs, they hope she will put her best in Ankara.
    - Marichev thinks Turkey and The Netherlands are biggest candidates. They are also worrying about the depressing atmosphere in Turkey. Once some girls got food poison while playing in Turkey according to their manager. (How is this possible? 8| ) Food is one of their concerns apparently.
    - About Gamova : It's all up to her condition, she may be back in NT if she's in good shape.
    - They think Sokolova will lead the team with her international experience, which I'm really doubtful about.

• Food poisoning happened at ECh '03 in Turkey. Several teams were affected, among them Serbia. It was the first time they had qualified for a major tournament and were so excited to play, and then they got food poisoning. Russia had it pretty bad too. It was the time they lost their European title after God knows how many years.

But it happened a long time ago, Turkey has hosted a lot of tournaments since and everything went fine, so it's not really fair they're bringing it up now.

• All Russia does lately is whine.. about safety, about traveling, now about food.. I mean come on!! They should bring their own plane of food in that case, so the Turkish don't poison them to get the title.. :aww: :down:

Nobody really wants to play in Turkey. Russians will bring their food and the things turks have to think about - is how to ensure the safety of players out there. Just a week ago there was a video here of Turkish hooligans doing their usual things this time in Belguim during Eurocup game. So Russians definitely have things to worry about. I know it will kill you to admit it but it's true.

• Nobody really wants to play in Turkey. Russians will bring their food and the things turks have to think about - is how to ensure the safety of players out there. Just a week ago there was a video here of Turkish hooligans doing their usual things this time in Belguim during Eurocup game. So Russians definitely have things to worry about. I know it will kill you to admit it but it's true.

Those are not any Turkish people, but Galatasaray fans, who have no idea what volleyball is. They do the same things in Turkey, when playing against Fenerbahce who are their rivals in football. When was there such an event in international volleyball match? Also I haven't heard that many players from other countries saying that they don't want to play in Turkey. Americans are quite amused when playing in Istanbul

• Nobody really wants to play in Turkey.

"I am never trying to explain something I do not understand.
    Sport is created to unite people and countries. I do not feel that I am
    in danger. My job is to go out there on volleyball court and play the
    game. It's not up to me to decide where the tournament should be held.
    But, I always start from myself. Be kind to others and they will be kind
    to you. I have no fear of going to Turkey. I think that the organizers
    will not let anything happen to any team, so I am absolutely calm."

Tatiana Kosheleva

• It's very good Kosheleva is calm and I personally sure that nothing bad will happen either. Though last year Tatyana has expressed her feelings on playing in Turkey http://www.sport-express.ru/vo…l/grand-prix/news/720364/
    And maybe I know little on the way Turkish fans behave, but why those Galatasaray fans can't come to NT game to do exactly the same is it beyond them? And that game in Belguim looked pretty international to me. And I'm pretty sure Americans have never played a game of any big importance in Turkey yet.
    But I don't want to dwell on this and I'm sure organizers will do everything they can to make it safe there just as I'm sure that Turkish fans will make it as hostile as they can as well.

• It's not like everyone here is full of anger against Russia currently. At their bests, fans will boo Russians louder than they do other teams and that's not a big special excuse for Russians to be worried. Zenit played in Ankara a few days ago and nothing happened.

• All Russia does lately is whine.. about safety, about traveling, now about food.. I mean come on!! They should bring their own plane of food in that case, so the Turkish don't poison them to get the title.. :aww: :down:

I agree about food, but what's wrong with worrying about safety? Especially if you know what happened some weeks ago.

• They are not necessarily for women volleyball teams, they are for Galatasaray and Fenerbahce clubs as a whole...

hmmm... I don't know if it's because in Argentina most people don't give two craps about volleyball, but football club hooligans (example: Boca Juniors, who has volleyball) would never go to watch girls volleyball much less go to cause incidents there :rolll: most volleyball spectators here are young girls and being side to side on the grades with grown-up, foul-mouthed violent men would make them freak out at the very least :rolll: I assume volleyball culture is different in Turkey though.

• hmmm... I don't know if it's because in Argentina most people don't give two craps about volleyball, but football club hooligans (example: Boca Juniors, who has volleyball) would never go to watch girls volleyball much less go to cause incidents there :rolll: most volleyball spectators here are young girls and being side to side on the grades with grown-up, foul-mouthed violent men would make them freak out at the very least :rolll: I assume volleyball culture is different in Turkey though.

Those holigan groups have never showed up in NT matches since they are not interested in volleyball at all. They only go to volleyball matches between fenerbahçe-galatasaray-Beşiktaş and do their holigany shit and that is it!

Especially supporters in Ankara are the best one in Turkey, they are actual volleyball supporters, not a bunch of patriotic people. I don't expect any danger for Russian team. Indeed it is good news for Turkish side; if Russian already started to make such lame excuses, that means they are already afraid of losing the OG ticket and make up some pretexts beforehand :rolleyes:

• I don't see any excuses here, Russians girls just say that they've better be prapred for the fight, because we all know that everytime there's an important tournament in Turkey it ends up with scandal. Not only aRussians - every team should be ready actually.

• I don't see any excuses here, Russians girls just say that they've better be prapred for the fight, because we all know that everytime there's an important tournament in Turkey it ends up with scandal. Not only Russians - every team should be ready actually.

What kind of scandals are you talking about? Turkey has hosted many tournaments in last decade and I don't remember any scandal except some funny allegation without any actual ground :whistle: