Russian NT 2016

• Samoilenko = Shlyakhovaya

Efimova now plays in Krasnodar and started the season in Omichka I think. I have no idea what she does in NT, in summer she didn't even play much in B-team. Marichev is really crazy with player choices, in summer Orlova was starter and now she is not even in the wide roster even though she plays decent in Volero :aww: It won't matter much as long as Fetisova and Zaryazhko are healthy and Lyubushkina is there as first back-up, but in case of emergency I'd rather have Orlova there than a player who as far as I know has yet to show anything in her career...

• The most logical thing would be to simply keep the players that were on the team during the summer, barring injures of course. They performed really well and I see no reason why they wouldn't keep that up.
    This really isn't the best time to experiment with some totally new and inexperienced players, I see absolutely no need for it.

• Samoilenko = Shlyakhovaya

Efimova now plays in Krasnodar and started the season in Omichka I think. I have no idea what she does in NT, in summer she didn't even play much in B-team. Marichev is really crazy with player choices, in summer Orlova was starter and now she is not even in the wide roster even though she plays decent in Volero :aww: It won't matter much as long as Fetisova and Zaryazhko are healthy and Lyubushkina is there as first back-up, but in case of emergency I'd rather have Orlova there than a player who as far as I know has yet to show anything in her career...

Ah I see, regarding Efimova. What do you call decent for Orlova. It is also the Swiss League, how good and competitive is it?

The team that won the European Championship could be the ones that were called, providing they are all in good form.

• I have no idea how good or bad Orlova plays in Swiss league, I just follow Volero's performances in CL. And there she is doing OK. Not great (which nobody expects from her), but they win their games with her in starting six and that's what counts.

• Does anybody know here whether Sokolova/Shashkova descends from Jewish origin? Without going into to much details - her nose, ears, mouth and eyes bolsters that notion to me and Shashkova is a common surname among people from this kind of heritage. I have nothing against Jewish people but simply curious.

• Serdar, Honey, did You forget scandals with Referees and interactive court lines?

If we would call every referee mistakes in favor of host team as scandal, there is no tournament without scandals so far. :roll: I hope challenge system will be used so that there wont be such conspiracy theories anymore :down:

• Does anybody know here whether Sokolova/Shashkova descends from Jewish origin? Without going into to much details - her nose, ears, mouth and eyes bolsters that notion to me and Shashkova is a common surname among people from this kind of heritage. I have nothing against Jewish people but simply curious.

:aww: With all that you realize that Shashkova is her married surname and the surname from her parents Sokolova is 100% Russian)) But still I don't know, maybe she has some Jewish origins) If I would have an opportunity, I'll ask her if she wouldn't mind.

• :aww: With all that you realize that Shashkova is her married surname and the surname from her parents Sokolova is 100% Russian)) But still I don't know, maybe she has some Jewish origins) If I would have an opportunity, I'll ask her if she wouldn't mind.

Yes, I know, but still thought it would be of some relevance since married couple within this ethnicity frequently share the same ethnic bond...its a well-known fact but of course not a princip which is "set in stone" they are obligated to though. However I would not ask her if I were you since if its true, but we dont know it, there might be a reason she wants ous to be left in the dark. I mean, we have the Klitschko-brothers for example, their mother are Jewish and they have been spotted with the Zionistic movement in Synagogues but they are hiding it as best as they are able to in public. Its not entirely implausible Sokolova in such case would share the same concerns as the boxing brothers.

• Yes, I know, but still thought it would be of some relevance since married couple within this ethnicity frequently share the same ethnic bond...its a well-known fact but of course not a princip which is "set in stone" they are obligated to though. However I would not ask her if I were you since if its true, but we dont know it, there might be a reason she wants ous to be left in the dark. I mean, we have the Klitschko-brothers for example, their mother are Jewish and they have been spotted with the Zionistic movement in Synagogues but they are hiding it as best as they are able to in public. Its not entirely implausible Sokolova in such case would share the same concerns as the boxing brothers.

I doubt Sokolova being Jewish. Firstly, she has never been open about it and no proofs (e.g. photos in synagogue are available). Secondly, in good old 1980, Soviet Jews would prefer more intellectual career paths than that of Sokolova's. This should not be confused with 1950's when players like Yuri Vengerovskiy were being trained. Thirdlly, no Jew would call the daughter Liuba :).

The Klitchko business sounds complete bs. As you may know, one of them was into politics so I've read all kinds of sensational studies on various aspects of their biography, sexuality etc. (FYI, in Ukraine, being gay = being Jewish is not considered a good feature for a politician).

• I doubt Sokolova being Jewish. Firstly, she has never been open about it and no proofs (e.g. photos in synagogue are available). Secondly, in good old 1980, Soviet Jews would prefer more intellectual career paths than that of Sokolova's. This should not be confused with 1950's when players like Yuri Vengerovskiy were being trained. Thirdlly, no Jew would call the daughter Liuba :).

The Klitchko business sounds complete bs. As you may know, one of them was into politics so I've read all kinds of sensational studies on various aspects of their biography, sexuality etc. (FYI, in Ukraine, being gay = being Jewish is not considered a good feature for a politician).

-

Article from the news source UPI regarding a Jewish couple where the woman are named Lioubov: http://www.upi.com/Archives/19…lphia-area/5656655876800/ - if you would check death lists from Auschwitz etc you would find more than 1000 women with that name.

Picture of Wladimir Klitschko in a Synagogue:

This is all shaky. E.g. the bride in the article has an unspecified ethnic background; she married a Jew in 1970 but whether she was a Jew by birth is unclear. Secondly - and I hate to go into these off-topic details - I doubt Soviet Jews ended up in Auschwitz. 100,000s of Soviet soldiers indeed perished there but the Jewish victims came mostly from (AFAIC) Hungary. It was a logistics question. And it is not just that Sobibor was more "convenient" for the needs of the "terminal solution"... You see there was no love lost between the population of certain Soviet republics and their Jewish neighbors. The 2000-men strong (including drivers etc) German Einsatzgruppe managed to achieve a magic evaporation of Jews from whole occupation zone within USSR including cities like Kiev, Kharkov, Minsk. Things were generally organised like this. In case you're curious, this has been described in Grossman's Life and Fate (although I need to be fair, Grossman has never been in there, his mother did). To summarise, we're not talking about "definitely Jewish" Liubas if you see what I mean. Most likely those are native Russians ono. I'll however modify my statement to "no Jew would have called the daughter Liuba in 1977". Different time, way not the most popular name by then, definitely Slavic, whilst the national issue is already there too.

Here is another Vladimir in a synagogue. Pls don't say "yes, he as well" just to avoid the Russians once again realising "whos fault it all is" :)

• According to facebook of RUSSIAN VOLLEYBALL WOMEN, Kosheleva and Lyubushkina were injured during the friendly match ;( ;(
    I hope they are recovering soon.