Russian NT 2016

• Breaking: Gamova and Sokolova was among who was listed in choices for the WGP and Olympics, maybe a good news for Lyuba and Katya fans. Hope they'll make it into the olympics. Imagine Goncha, Kosheleva and Gamova at your wings and Lyuba at the middle since she is versatile, a threat for all the teams since Goncha and Koshelva are on their peak.

• 20 players for the Olympics 2016.

S : Ekaterina Kosianenko, Evgeniya Startseva, Olga Efimova
    OPP : Natalia Goncharova, Ekaterina Gamova, Natalia Malykh
    OH : Tatiana Kosheleva, Alexandra Pasynkova, Yana Scherban, Victoria Chaplina, Kseniia Ilchenko, Anastasia Bavykina, Lyubov Sokolova
    MB : Irina Fetisova, Irina Zaryazhko, Anastasia Samoylenko, Ekaterina Lyubshkina
    L : Anna Malova, Elena Ezhova, Victoria Kuzyakina

Source : Russian women's volleyball facebook page.

• For me:
    S: Startseva, Kosianenko (although I think shes underperforming)
    OPP: Goncharova, Gamova
    OH: Kosheleva, Sokolova, Scherban, Pasynkova (hard to choose, they need Lyuba for experience)
    MB: Zaryazhko, Fetisova, Shlyakovaya
    L: Malova, Ezshova

Where's Kryuchkova and Moroz?

• Is just a prediction. Is not Official.
    VolleyRússia said "Is just a prediction. Is not official list.

• No Sokolova please, she can no longer help the team to be honest.. if they want veteran experience, there's always Katya. If Marichev were really paranoid about the reception, they can take another libero as 4th OH, maybe Kuzyakina/Ulanova? (please no Kryuchkova also). I think that will pay off much better. Again, I still think Pasynkova has her role in the team, couldn't think of any other reliable server then her who can also get those occasional kills.

• No Sokolova please, she can no longer help the team to be honest.. if they want veteran experience, there's always Katya. If Marichev were really paranoid about the reception, they can take another libero as 4th OH, maybe Kuzyakina/Ulanova? (please no Kryuchkova also). I think that will pay off much better. Again, I still think Pasynkova has her role in the team, couldn't think of any other reliable server then her who can also get those occasional kills.

I think the exact opposite.. Kuzyakina was a shame at the CL F4, and Ulanova was nothing better. I would prefer Kryuchkova

• Actually, Sokolova was the best russian player in London. Artamonova was there and did a good job too. She's just on the list. In my opinion, it isn't unreasonable. It would be if they were leaving Kosheleva to come with her. Amongst the other OHs, I cannot see someone so dominant to not even give her a try. The coach may pick the best to Rio. Whether she is coming or not, it depends on the newer players. Will they let her to come?

• Katya was in the World Champ in 2014 but was not in shape, adding that Lyuba wasnt there also, the Russian team really sucks in their defence eventhough they have the strongest attacks. Look, they fail without a decent passer. Coach Marichev should have adrressed this already if they want to wind the gold. I still hope for them in the podium. Kosheleva and Goncha are great :)

• RUSSIAN SUPERLEAGUE – PRELIMINARY PHASE

Best Outside Hitters

BEST SCORE (Only OH)

1 - Irina Voronkova – 349 pontos
    2 - Anna Makarova – 319 pontos
    3 - Kseniia Ilchenko – 279 pontos
    7 - Anastasia Markova – 146 pontos
    8 - Alexandra Pasynkova – 141 pontos
    9 - Tatiana Kosheleva – 140 pontos
    10 - Yana Shcherban – 134 pontos
    11 - Lyubov Sokolova – 130 pontos

SPIKERS (Only OH)

1 - Kseniia Ilchenko – 48% de eficiência
    2 - Yana Shcherban – 47% de eficiência
    3 - Anna Makarova – 47% de eficiência
    7 - Lyubov Sokolova – 39% de eficiência
    8 - Yulia Kutyukova – 38% de eficiência
    9 - Daria Pisarenko – 37% de eficiência
    10 - Victoria Chaplina – 36% de eficiência
    11 - Alexandra Pasynkova – 36% de eficiência

RECEIVE (Only OH)

1 - Kseniia Ilchenko – 57% de eficiência
    2 – Daria Pisarenko – 56% de eficiência
    3 - Irina Voronkova – 53% de eficiência
    7 - Yana Shcherban – 47% de eficiência
    8 - Alexandra Pasynkova – 43% de eficiência
    9 - Anastasia Markova – 40% de eficiência
    10 - Anna Makarova – 40% de eficiência
    11 - Tatiana Kosheleva – 38% de eficiência

• Wow I know Pasynkova's game has really decreased a lot, but didn't expect she will be at the bottom of OH spike efficiency. Sad what injuries can do to a player really :( It seems Ilchenko/Pisarenko/Voronkova are at the top of reception stats, but I would still take Sokolova than either three if only for pure experience. So it seems Sokolova still has chance, it will only depend how healthy she is in the months leading to Rio..

Looking back at London OG, Russia will have the same OH/OPP roster (if Sokolova makes the cut) the only difference is a healthy Kosheleva -which is major- and Shcherban. This might not be related, but on her Instagram account, Goncharova is seen practicing drills specifically for reception.. I have a feeling Marichev will try Goncha as OH again :whistle:

• Ilchenko and Voronkova is the future! :super:

I hope that Ilchenko go for the Olympics in place of Pasynkova :whistle:

• I hope that Ilchenko go for the Olympics in place of Pasynkova :whistle:

Well they are quite different types of players right now.. both have potential to be all around OHs, but Pasynkova was in the past, now she's too weak in attack, and Ilchenko is a bad passer, but she's young and can improve of course.. Pasynkova would get her place for serving mostly and maybe passing, and Ilchenko the opposite

• Well they are quite different types of players right now.. both have potential to be all around OHs, but Pasynkova was in the past, now she's too weak in attack, and Ilchenko is a bad passer, but she's young and can improve of course.. Pasynkova would get her place for serving mostly and maybe passing, and Ilchenko the opposite

Pasynkova is not booking in Krasnodar?