Russian NT 2016

• The coach Yury Panchenko in an interview with sports website Championat said it did not have much time for celebration after the title of the Russian Superliga because six players of the team are presented today, 28/04, for medical examination of the national team of Russia: Goncharova, Kosianenko, Scherban, Malova, Fetisova and Lyubushkina.

Thus, we have the list (based on publications of the own clubs), the Russian selection list for exams with the national team are:

Setters: Startseva, Sheshenina and Kosianenko.

Middle Blockers: Efimova, Samoilenko, Enina, Fetisova, Lyubushkina and Zaryazhko.

Outside Hitters: Khodunova, Kosheleva, Ilchenko, Pisarenko, Makarova, Voronkova and Scherban.

Opposittes: Malykh, Gamova, Malygina and Goncharova.

Liberos: Talysheva, Ezhova and Malova.

(Lyubov Sokolova if you have physical conditions, will join the group for the dispute of the Olympic Games).

From this list, we have the players who, through the medical examinations, will contest the 2016 competitions aiming to be among the 12 players who will be at the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro in August.

http://www.championat.com/voll…v-chempionate-rossii.html

:super:

• No Pasynkova? :obey: :cheesy: :obey:

I got surprised and happy at the same time, cause She doesn't deserve a spot in NT.

Happy for new players like Enina, Voronkova and Maligyna, both of them played a lot during all the season,

I really don't see anything special in Pisarenko and Ezhova.

• I would take Pasynkova over Khodunova any day, at least Sasha can block and her serves can do damage to the opponents' team. Bad chocie for Marichev if you ask me :down: I really hope Malykh won't get cut from the final roster now that we have Gamova.

• The coach Yury Panchenko in an interview with sports website Championat said it did not have much time for celebration after the title of the Russian Superliga because six players of the team are presented today, 28/04, for medical examination of the national team of Russia: Goncharova, Kosianenko, Scherban, Malova, Fetisova and Lyubushkina.

Just one question: why not consider Yulia Morozova? :what:
    At last, Panchenko didn't say the names and I particulary see Morozova better than Lyubushkina now.

• Ok, You say Pasynkova not deserving a spot but Khodunova does? :roll:

Of course no! :white: :white:

Khodunova didn't show anything special during the season.

I think she has no chance in final roster, there are others players more prepared.

• Im sorry but Makarova's spot should have given to somebody else. We know she can't be in the same team with Goncharova and there is no way in hell they are leaving Goncharova. I would have given her spot to Bavykina although she suck at defense.

Regarding Morozova, I think its her personal choice not to play for the NT.

Hopefully Voronkova have a good showing this year internationally. She was in the B team last year and didnt perform too hot.

The inclusion of Talysheva is head scratcher but im curious what is Marichev's plan for her.

i would love to see this team in one leg of the WGP

Setter: Startseva, Sheshinina(Starter)

OH: Scherban, Voronkova, Goncharova(starter), Ilchenko(Starter)

MB: Enina, Fetisova, Samoilenk(Starter), Zaryachko(Starter)

UH:Malykh, Gamova(Starter)

Libero: Malova, Ezhova(Starter)

i dont want Kosheleva in this team because I want her to get more rest.
    Its going to be interesting to see Gamova and Goncharova play inside the court at the same time. I want to see if Ilchenko is ready to carry the same load as Scherban did last year because she is most likely to be chosen as the 3rd OH for the OG team.

• According to Volleyrussia who usually are reliable, these are the 21 invited players:

Setter
    Marina Babeshina (Uralochka-NTMK)
    Ekaterina Kosyanenko (Dinamo Moscow)
    Evgeniya Startseva (Dinamo Kazan)

Opposite hitter
    Ekaterina Gamova (Dinamo Kazan)
    Natalia Goncharova (Dinamo Moscow)
    Daria Malygina (Zarechie Odintsovo)
    Natalia Malykh (Dinamo Krasnodar)

Middle Blocker
    Ekaterina Efimova (Dinamo Krasnodar)
    Irina Zaryazhko (Uralochka-NTMK)
    Ekaterina Lyubushkina (Dinamo Moscow)
    Anastasia Samoilenko (Dinamo Krasnodar)
    Irina Fetisova (Dinamo Moscow)

Outside hitter
    Irina Voronkova (Zarechie Odintsovo)
    Daria Evtuhova (Uralochka-NTMK)
    Ksenia Ilchenko (Uralochka-NTMK)
    Tatiana Kosheleva (Dinamo Krasnodar)
    Lyubov Sokolova (Dinamo Kraanodar)
    Yana Shcherban (Dinamo Moscow)

Libero
    Ekaterina Ulanova (Dinamo Kazan)
    Elena Ezhova (Dinamo Kazan)
    Anna Malova (Dinamo Moscow)

• It seems that Ulanova gave up to become pregnant. :offtopic:

I think she is better than Ezhova.

• Roster in FIVB site: http://worldgrandprix.2016.fiv…ms/rus-russia/team_roster

#1 - Shcherban
    #2 - Ulanova
    #3 - Ezhova
    #4 - Zaryazhko
    #5 - Sokolova
    #6 - Malygina
    #7 - Lyubushkina
    #8 - Goncharova
    #9 - Evtukhova (Pisarenko)
    #10 - Kosianenko
    #11 - Gamova
    #12 - Babeshina (Sheshenina)
    #13 - Startseva
    #14 - Fetisova
    #15 - Kosheleva
    #16 - Voronkova
    #17 - Malykh
    #18 - Ilchenko
    #19 - Malova
    #20 - Shlyakhovaya
    #21 - Efimova

:super:

• Does Ekaterina Efimova have something so spectacular that only Marichev sees? If so, is that visible?

• Does Ekaterina Efimova have something so spectacular that only Marichev sees? If so, is that visible?

:lol:
    Her slide is very predictable and she is a normal blocker.
    Ekaterina Enina and Angelina Lazarenko are better than her IMO.

Enina:
    124/231(53.7%) on attack, 61 blocks (0.84/set)

Lazarenko:
    108/201(53.7%) on attack, 42 blocks (0.64/set)

Efimova:
    31/68(45.6%) on attack, 7 blocks (0.26/set)

I was also surprised Malygina is on the list.
    For me, she's worse version of Valentina Diouf :aww:
    There are many Opps who are better than her- Isaeva, Petrova(Leningradka), Khaletskaya(Proton) and Lazareva(Moscow).

• Definitely agree with you about Stolyarova and Petrova. Especially the latter is Leningradka's best attacker and she did a great job throughout the whole season.

• In the event Sokolova is not able play, is there a chance Pasynkova can take her place? They wear the same jersey number 5 and this happened before I think..

In other news, I read somewhere before Russian NT will have some games with Serbian NT in preparation for GP. Does anyone know when the friendlies will take place?

• I suppose that roster only applies to World Grand Prix 2016, which means anything can change before the Olympic Games.
    Pasynkova was very unstable through the season, but I hope she makes it to the final roster in anyway she can and does her job as server. Startseva and Fetisova are only great servers from the roster, maybe Samoylenko might be decent as well. Sasha proved that her serves are very dangerous for opponents in Russian league.