Russian NT 2016

• http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/916846

Fadeev says changes can be made until Aug 4 and that Ilchenko, Lyubushkina and Startseva are still training with the team. :thumbsup: Malykh is totally out though :down:
    I don't think they can win gold and all this doping issues will surely affect them. While others can focus 100% on the training, they can't.
    I guess I'm gonna need to make some sacrificial ritual that will magically turn Voronkova, Pankova and Malygina into the young top versions of Artamonova, Kirillova and Gamova :sos:

• http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/916846

Fadeev says changes can be made until Aug 4 and that Ilchenko, Lyubushkina and Startseva are still training with the team. :thumbsup: Malykh is totally out though :down:
    I don't think they can win gold and all this doping issues will surely affect them. While others can focus 100% on the training, they can't.
    I guess I'm gonna need to make some sacrificial ritual that will magically turn Voronkova, Pankova and Malygina into the young top versions of Artamonova, Kirillova and Gamova :sos:

hahah i hope this is circa 2004 when no one expected that russia would reach the semis eventually wiining the gold almost

• The girls visited Kremlin and met Vladmir Putin. Tomorrow they are going to fly to Rio de Janeiro.

Goncha, Kosha and Samoylenko are missing.

I feel frustated to be honest with so many people thinking Russia as a nation should be banned from this OG or the next one

They just do watch CNN and listen Hilary Clinton saying that ugly russians hacked her network to show her cheating on the elections

What they have done is a systematic and communal crime! That's why punishment also should be communal

Better punish galatasaray's coach Ataman who show middle finger to Kosheleva and turkish peoples which throw the garbage on the heads of Krasnodar's volleybolists. I means watch on your own kitchen. And let's make communal punishment for beated plane - cast the bomb on the Istanbul!

By the way take sympathy that your NT is missing OG.

• "Clean" Russians athletes should had been allowed to compete in rio but under the Olympic flag and not the Russian one . A state doping program is just unacceptable to which Russia simply got away with ... Period

I have found Orwell's sheep...: "Four legs good, two legs bad. Four legs good, two legs bad." Keep repeating the brainless headlines that you get from the media ok when you can't back any of my arguments from the previous page with facts. Right now they are cleaner than Holt and USA...*period* I bet you don't even know why they are allowed to compete under the Russian flag.

print
    screen windows 7

You know a design is truly horrific when even Goncha looks bad in it :D :D :D

• Vera Vetrova "I was surprised and happy to be called."

Her chance of playing the Olympic Games 4 years ago was very promising before her pregnancy and all of a sudden her dream is just about to happen. A lot of second setters (Matienko, Filistinskaya, Efimova, Startseva and Babeshina) were tried and she didn't even play a second during the last 4 years and she got a call. I find it as a pretty plausible drama.

Goncharova said the team atmosphere is very good, despite the bad result of the WGP they managed to rest and refresh a little bit and get ready for the fight.

• The team atmosphere is surprisingly positive even after the whole doping mess. I hope Goncharova was able to recover after the grueling WGP. If she plays her normal level, and after the team's relatively good showing in the GP as a whole (not so in the Final round), I can say Russia has chances. Even more interesting now that Kosheleva has returned if they manage to win against Brazil (unlikely, but the possibility is there) on the last day of pool play so they can avoid China/Serbia/USA in the quarterfinals. Wonder how much of a difference Kosha will bring to this team.

• Sorry if this is has already been iterated, but ... Did anything happen with this doping thing, or are we waiting until August 4th to see if any players are switched out? I know Startseva was left behind, but I'm curious if we have any additional information about Kosheleva, Ilchenko, etc.

Are we waiting for tests? For any ruling? Or are they all definitely playing? If so, did the FIVB or IOC make any kind of statement?

If no action is to be taken against the team, I do think someone should make a statement, if for no other purpose than to exonerate the team publicly. Silence is alarming, in my opinion.

• According to volleyballnews.ru (v. reliable) Vladimir Kuyutkin will again lead the Russian National Team. Apparently the contract will soon be signed.

Seems to me like quite a strange choice, especially when you read some of his older interviews where he expresses his dislike of signing long-term contracts. Of course it may be different with Russian team, but somehow I see it as just temproal assignement.

http://volleyballnews.ru/blog/russiawomenteam/8980.html

• Konstantin Ushakov from Dinamo Krasnodar is supposed to be Kuzyutkin's assistant coach :wall: And they both will sign contracts till 2020.
    It kind of looks like a bad joke.

http://volleyballnews.ru/blog/russiawomenteam/8990.html

• Looking ahead in 2017, what noteworthy tournament does Russian NT want to participate besides EuroVolley? I think the main players (Kosheleva in particular) will skip most of the tournaments this year I hope I'm wrong.

Speaking of up and coming talents, do we have an OH/OPP in this new Russian generation that is as talented as Koshe/Goncha were in their younger years? I only know of MB Lazarenko but Russia has such a good supply of young, talented MBs to tide them in the near future but can't say the same for their pin hitters (ironically, the reverse was true until circa 2013).

• From 94-95: Ilchenko, Voronkova, Nikolaeva
    From 96-97: Sperskayte (she was MB but converted into OH/Opp)
    From 98-99: Kotikova