Dutch NT 2016

• No, she is pregnant...She will give birth in July/August to her first child...

Nooooo :cursing: :cursing:

• I am really sad for Manon.. I mean of course I am happy for her, because she is gonna have a child, but she is the face of the NED team, and has been their leader for so many years, even when they were far from worlds best.. and she was one of the best in the world.. After so many years they are gonna play the Olympics and she's not there.. sad..

However I wish her all the best with her child :rose:

• I am really sad for Manon.. I mean of course I am happy for her, because she is gonna have a child, but she is the face of the NED team, and has been their leader for so many years, even when they were far from worlds best.. and she was one of the best in the world.. After so many years they are gonna play the Olympics and she's not there.. sad..

However I wish her all the best with her child :rose:

I'm not so sure she would have made it to the Dutch roster for Rio anyway...Slötjes is way better than her, and Plak/Pietersen can be her backups. I know it's sad, but I think Netherlands doesn't need Flier anymore. Just like Poland with Skowronska and Italy with Piccinini ;(

• I presume Guidetti has a very easy job, cutting 2 players for the OG...

Koolhaas and Knip will be cut, 100%

And probably Stoltenborg will make it, despite her technical deficit

• She has been out of NT since 9 years ago and even now she's busy with studies and something else than volleyball. Besides, there are similar and younger players (Buijs, Pietersen and Plak) in NT.

She's better than all three...
    It's a shame because she could really help the team a lot if she's on form, it's like having two sloetjes. A difference maker between a chance at a medal and no chance at all.

• I assume this refers to Meijners? She's faaaaaaar from Sloetjes these days :!: It's more like having two Plaks, and Plak at the moment is much more efficient in attack than Meijners.

Mmmh no, I don't agree. Meijners is much more consistent and reliable in attack than Plak, at least as OH. Also technically speaking, Plak is really really poor..she simply jumps a lot and hits very strong without really caring of what kind of block/defence she has in front of her, while Floortje is very smart besides being powerful. Plak is also a bit overweight in my opinion, that's probably why she's so slow.. (very bad move by Novara to take her as OH in my opinion).
    Well maybe as OPP Plak can be more efficient than Meijners, but as OH there's no comparison.
    If Floortje Meijners came back to Dutch NT I guess she would be the starting offensive OH also in front of Buijs. As Sloetjes' back-up OPP I'd pick Plak or Pietersen.

• I don't agree. Have you watched Plak in Montreux? She was absolutely outstanding in attack, finishing with over 50% for the whole tournament which is very rare for an OH. Yes she is overweighted and yes she is very clumsy in her moves, but she kills the ball. And even in defense, no matter how clumsy she looks, she saves a fair amount of balls which is something Floortje does not...

Buijs has been a bit off lately, but I don't think Meijners is better than her either.

• Oh Meijners :aww: She is worse in attacking than Plak today and worse in receiving/defense than Buijs. She is a very easy target to knock down from the serve line whenever a team needs a come back. She has "0" contribution in backrow defense and makes unnecessary errors in crucial moments when her team needs her in attacking. Besides, I know she likes to receive and attack so she refuses to play as opposite, especially from zone 2 she would never accept that.

If Giovanni needs a decent offensive OH, he has Pietersen, who has much better technique in receiving and attacking than all 3 names. Plak is a better attacker, Buijs is a better receiver, Meijners is a better error maker and a kind of player Gio would never like in his team.

• Oh Meijners :aww: She is worse in attacking than Plak today and worse in receiving/defense than Buijs. She is a very easy target to knock down from the serve line whenever a team needs a come back. She has "0" contribution in backrow defense and makes unnecessary errors in crucial moments when her team needs her in attacking. Besides, I know she likes to receive and attack so she refuses to play as opposite, especially from zone 2 she would never accept that.

If Giovanni needs a decent offensive OH, he has Pietersen, who has much better technique in receiving and attacking than all 3 names. Plak is a better attacker, Buijs is a better receiver, Meijners is a better error maker and a kind of player Gio would never like in his team.

I totally predicted you would participate in this discussion and tell how Meijners sucks.
    Well, what to say, it's meaningless to talk about her joining NT, she's simply not interested and even if she ever was, Giovanni wouldn't invite her. 9 years... It's a big number, leave her alone :roll:

• I totally predicted you would participate in this discussion and tell how Meijners sucks.
    Well, what to say, it's meaningless to talk about her joining NT, she's simply not interested and even if she ever was, Giovanni wouldn't invite her. 9 years... It's a big number, leave her alone :roll:

Volleyball quality is quite subjective and in my standards, Meijners is a terrible player. However what I prioritise in a OH volleyball player is that they at least have a decent receiving technique, plays according to the system, makes few errors. That's why I love watching Leys-Guldeniz duo instead of Meijners-Bosetti duo.

• Meijners is not of the best OH in world but She is NOT terrible player. She would nevery playe in that good clubs that she is terrible.

Love her or hate her She is good player and a lot of clubs wants her. So don't talk that she is terrible.

• If Meijners is terrible, then I keep thinking how would I classify Caterina Bosetti

• Meijners is not of the best OH in world but She is NOT terrible player. She would nevery playe in that good clubs that she is terrible.

Love her or hate her She is good player and a lot of clubs wants her. So don't talk that she is terrible.

After, or during her season in Galatasaray, here was a similar discussion here, and I posted some stats from her current matches to prove my point. Yes she was her team's best scorer but when looking at her W-L record sometimes it was 2-3. She can score yes, although it's not as efficient as she has been in the past.. but she also does many unforced mistakes, especially in receiving.. she doesn't just pass bad, but opponents make direct points by serving at her. Also there are some things which don't go into stats and that's defense.. and her contribution is 0, and of course not only she is not where she should, or dig easy balls, but she let's opponents make easy points by making defensive errors.