2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• If that is a reason for anyone to be a team captain, then... nothing more to say really :)

Did you watch the tournament in Berlin? It was Kubiak vs everyone else at times. The fact he's so emotional often carries the whole team. And he knows this, he does it on purpose. He f*cking cried after the final whistle when we beat the Germans to qualify for the Olympics because he was so exhausted emotionally. To be honest, I don't think Poland currently has a better team captain in ANY sport.

• I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the whole thing started when one of Poland's players went over to shake hands with the Iranians and got pushed away by someone from their side. And Kubiak might be a d*ck, but his ability to boil the opposition's p*ss whatever the circumstances is extremely useful in team sports. There's a reason he's captain.

It's funny how Polish fans always try to defend him (here, on volleywood, on worldofvolley etc.), although he's always - ALWAYS - involved in every kind of brawls and always try to provoke the opponents. Why can't you accept that Kubiak is both a wonderful volleyball player and at the same time a disgraceful human being (even racist: "italiani di merda" at 2015 World Cup)? In my club I have another bad tempered guy (Ngapeth) and I don't try to defend him everytime when his bad attitude emerges. Kubiak is a dick, everybody knows it and Polish fans have to accept it, which doesn't mean you cannot love him as volleyball player (I do it for example and I hope one day to have him here in Modena)

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Why can't you accept that Kubiak is both a wonderful volleyball player and at the same time a disgraceful human being

Simple - because Kubiak is not a "disgraceful human being". This type of ridiculous hyperbole is why opinions like yours should never be taken seriously. He's not the first provocative player in the history of world volleyball and definitely not the last. As if Italians are always saints and angels. Please, spare me.

And seeing that you clearly have some reading comprehension issues, I'm going to rephrase what I wrote, because I didn't even defend Kubiak in my previous posts. What I said was that the whole thing yesterday was sparked by aggressive behaviour by someone from Iran's side - the incident happened off camera, but our commentators, who were there, mentioned it live. And the other thing I said was that the way Kubiak plays and the way he lets his emotions influence his sporting aggression makes him an excellent captain. Because it does. He's f*cking awesome, a true leader on the court in every sense of the word.

• Great Match last night between Poland x Iran. Maybe the best match in until now
    But something I didn't understand and really disliked was what happened in the end
    What happened? Why can't these two team finish a match with no fight? How many time are we going to see Iran coming back from a 2-0 deficit and tie 2-2 then everything get messed up?

Quoted from "Sidney"
    . And Kubiak might be a d*ck, but his ability to boil the opposition's p*ss whatever the circumstances is extremely useful in team sports. There's a reason he's captain.

But is "being a captain" a reason to be like that and boil everyone up and run a fight
    And team Iran should learn to not response to that kind of things and control themselves. Someone is needed to control and teach Zarini and Mousavi how to react to those kind of behaviors

• But is "being a captain" a reason to be like that and boil everyone up and run a fight

There's a need for such outstandingly aggressive and battling character in this Poland team IMO, because the rest of the players are quite meek in comparison. It's not a case where you have 4-5 experienced stalwarts who can deal with everything the competition throws at them. Even Kurek is not a real leader and you can't always count on him.

• As if Italians are always saints and angels. Please, spare me.

Never said that, despite we don't have (and as far as I remember never HAD) anyone unsportsmanlike and boorish like Kubiak.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Never said that, despite we don't have (and as far as I remember never HAD) anyone unsportsmanlike and boorish like Kubiak.

Every single top volleyball team either have or used to have such player(s) at some stage. Because it's not kindergarten. They're all grown men in professional sports.

unsportsmanlike and boorish

Spiridonov may be "unsportsmanlike and boorish". Kubiak is provocative. There's a difference between general conduct and a player's behaviour on court, in the heat of the moment.

• Every single top volleyball team either have or used to have such player(s) at some stage. Because it's not kindergarten. They're all grown men in professional sports.

I follow this sport since the 90s and Italy for example never used them (and also USA for example), by the way it's not Poland's fault if Kubiak is what he is (dicks are everywhere). Maybe some day also in Italy we'll have a bad behaviour guy like Kubiak, at the moment (and at least in the last 20 years) we have not

• I follow this sport since the 90s and Italy for example never used them (and also USA for example), by the way it's not Poland's fault if Kubiak is what he is (dicks are everywhere). Maybe some day also in Italy we'll have a bad behaviour guy like Kubiak, at the moment (and at least in the last 20 years) we have not

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Especialy considering you're biased.

To me, Italy has always been one of the most fiery and provocative opponents in volleyball. Fair, it wasn't just one player, but from what I rememeber the whole team was always programmed to frustrate the opposition with various tricks. And it often worked. Maybe it hasn't been the case as much for the last few years, but Iran is exactly one of those teams right now. They're aggressive, slightly chauvinistic, they provoke on and off court, and then they play the victim after the fact. And guys like Kubiak are useful to counter such behaviour. It really is that simple.

The whole thing is never black or white though. When there's a fight, the fault usually lies on both sides. Again, this is professional sports, you do everything you can to win, so provocations will happen in every game, and if you respond to such behaviour in an overly manner then you're equally as guilty. Remember Lipe Fonteles? When he played in Poland, he was a classic example of a player who couldn't handle being provoked at all and usually responded to teasing with excessive aggression. Basically, he loved to dish it out but couldn't take it. Thing is, Kubiak can. But if his rivals can't handle the teasing, and lose their game because of that fact, then that's their problem, not Kubiak's.

• I follow this sport since the 90s and Italy for example never used them (and also USA for example), by the way it's not Poland's fault if Kubiak is what he is (dicks are everywhere). Maybe some day also in Italy we'll have a bad behaviour guy like Kubiak, at the moment (and at least in the last 20 years) we have not

I agree with most of what you have said. What you probably don't know or don't want to admit is that Italian players are famous for their verbal aggression at the net. The difference is that what Kubiak does is seen by many and what Italians say is heard only by the opposite team and stays among them. Are they really better?

• I agree with most of what you have said. What you probably don't know or don't want to admit is that Italian players are famous for their verbal aggression at the net. The difference is that what Kubiak does is seen by many and what Italians say is heard only by the opposite team and stays among them. Are they really better?

Examples please. As far as I remember, the only one quite famous for his trash-talking was Fabio Vullo in the 90s (the provocative clap clap to Gravina is famous for example). By the way guys I don't like where the discussion is going. I did not attack Poland, or polish players, or polish volleyball etc. I attacked KUBIAK. It's useless to keep trying to say "the italians do the same things and bla bla bla" (aside from the fact that you have to prove but it doesn't matter), because I'm blaming only Kubiak and not all Polish players. It's quite weak-willed to try to blame italian players, because I attacked Kubiak due to his attitude, not because I'm Italian, and I would have done it even if I was Polish. Again, I criticized Ngapeth many times and I am Modena's fan. So what?

Raven, As I said I love Kubiak as a player, and I would love him to play for Modena.

• Mamdani, you have missed my point. I only wanted to say that a lot is going on between teams at the net and we see only the most emotional manifestation of it and it is not enough to judge who is the guilty one.

My problem with Kubiak is that he simply loves it and looks for opportunities.

• Examples please.

What about Vermiglio? I somehow remind him as a constant pain in the ass for refs and opponents....

But somehow this "but daddy, peter started" kind of discussion is quite fruitless. There is so much going on under the net that, from outside, it is almost impossible to determine who started and who reacted. But as long as iranian players react as they did yesterday, they will always find someone who will try to bring them out of balance.....

• Vermiglio had the same problem while playing in Iran...They like to provoke but they can't take when someone provokes them.

And why can't u provoke? Both teams are in different sides and as long theres no contact physical is all good. I don't think is even fair when referees ask the players to stop or give yellow card.....

Kubiak :heart:

• Is sad that coaches always uses the challenge just as a "time out" even when they know is wrong, and someone spiked the ball miles away or clearly there were no touch etc etc....... and they do that at the end of sets and games when they have challenge left.

Just like it happened in London, Russia won and started celebrating, and then Bernando called a challenge and he knew it was Russia`s point...Russia had to stop go back in the court wait and then start the celebration again.

Same thing will happen this time...SO when a team wins dont celebrate right away just wait until the challenge...

• Just take a look at the social media pages of Polish volleyball players being flooded with insults and death threats in broken english... come on people, seriously? I thought Persians were supposed to be civilized.

• Just take a look at the social media pages of Polish volleyball players being flooded with insults and death threats in broken english... come on people, seriously? I thought Persians were supposed to be civilized.

I don't know how to apologize you and Polish people here for that
    But yeah
    We have some really sick guys here
    Since they have no entertainment and nothing to do they go to social media and burn the image of Iranians in the world
    Sorry for that

You didnt know that? social network behavior of Iranians is a case that can be studied by sociologists. there have been many attacks to every one, domestic or foreign. It's not always bad attacks sometimes they go there and publish thousands of comments to thank someone (like this ) and not all of them assault they are doing everything there like chatting, asking questions, arranging a meeting, making jokes, arguing with each other, some are apologizing there and etc.

Just before Olympics Marouf, Mahmousi and Mousavi didnt attend opening ceremony and there were 140k comments there of argument between their fans and others.

Here is a wiki page about this issue