2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• BTW Canada maybe doesn't even have to win: if they lose 2-3 then the only result that can leave them out is BRA winning 3-2 over FRA, and even if this happens we have to go to points ratio to actually know.

• If Italy plays with their startes then they should win 3-0, and as long Brazil does not loose in 3-0 both Brazil and France will make...and if Brazil finishes in 4th, Argentina should just shot them in the head, the goal in pool A was to not finish 4th to escape from Brazil...olololololo now they get 1st and would face Brazil..that would suck.

But I feel like Brazil will win this last match....France had the match today in the bag and they blew it, I dont think they will be mentaly ready to win vs Brazil..

• Italian sport mentality is "doing just enough to win", in ANY sport, most notably football. They have already done their job in pool stage, they have no reason or motivation to do anything vs Canada. They won't care about stuff like "fairness to other teams", it's not their problem. At the very least I can assure you the MBs and Juantorena won't even play a point, maybe Zaytsev too.

"doing just enough to win" Thats why Italy never wins.. :lol: U got play and give 100% all the time...no matter what.

Italy needs rest for what? One game is one more time for u to get better and get ready for the next match.

Remember in 2012 Italy finished 4th and def. the US that was 1st on the other side...

Italy can do whatever they want, but if they play wth their bench and loose I will have no respect for them and would for sure cheer for them to loose.

I know Brazil did something like that in 2010, but it was only to benefit them and not to screw another team.....Italy would be screwing over Brazil or France on purpose. :kiss:

• A bit of sets ratio calculation...

France
    Wins 3-0) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 6 lost; sets ratio: 1,67
    Wins 3-1) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 7 lost; setssratio: 1,43
    Wins 3-2) 3 victories – 8 points; sets: 10 won – 8 lost; sets ratio: 1,25
    Loses 2-3) 2 victories – 7 points; sets: 9 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 1
    Loses 1-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 8 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 0,89
    Loses 0-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 7 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 0,78

Canada
    Wins 3-0) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 6 lost; sets ratio: 1,67
    Wins 3-1) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 7 lost; sets ratio: 1,43
    Wins 3-2) 3 victories – 8 points; sets: 10 won – 8 lost; sets ratio: 1,25
    Loses 2-3) 2 victories – 7 points; sets: 9 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 1
    Loses 1-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 8 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 0,89
    Loses 0-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 7 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 0,78

Brazil
    Wins 3-0) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 11 won – 8 lost; sets ratio: 1,38
    Wins 3-1) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 11 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 1,22
    Wins 3-2) 3 victories – 8 points; sets: 11 won – 10 lost; sets ratio: 1,1
    Loses 2-3) 2 victories – 7 points; sets: 10 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,91
    Loses 1-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 9 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,82
    Loses 0-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 8 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,73

USA
    Wins 3-0) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 8 lost; sets ratio: 1,25
    Wins 3-1) 3 victories – 9 points; sets: 10 won – 9 lost; sets ratio: 1,11
    Wins 3-2) 3 victories – 8 points; sets: 10 won – 10 lost; sets ratio: 1
    Loses 2-3) 2 victories – 7 points; sets: 9 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,82
    Loses 1-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 8 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,73
    Loses 0-3) 2 victories – 6 points; sets: 7 won – 11 lost; sets ratio: 0,63

So:

- USA to QF with any victory vs Mexico: they will have 3 victories and one between Brazil and France will stay at 2.
    - Canada to QF with any victory vs Italy (as above).
    - Read upside down, if Canada and USA will win (3 victories), the loser between Brazil and France will be out (2 victories).

If USA will win (with any result), it all depends on Canada-Italy result -->

- if Canada loses:
    --> Brazil needs one set more than Canada; if Canada loses 3-2, Brasil must win with any result.
    --> France needs one set more than Canada to be 100% sure of qualifying, but if they do the same result as Canada that could be enough thanks to points ratio.
    --> If Canada loses 3-1, the only result that would qualify for sure both Brazil and France is a tie break match (with any result). Another possibility is a 3-1 for Brazil with France having a better points ratio than Canada.

- if Canada wins, as said the loser of Brazil-France will be out.

Ps I hope it's all right, it's early in the morning and I didn't sleep :whistle:

Pps I edited it, I hope it's more clear now.

• Does someone know the schedule from the pool standing to the SFs?

1st vs 4th and that is sure.

But the 2nd will play vs the 3rd or there will be a sorting among the four of them (I recall something like this...)?

And how the winners of the QFs will cross? I guess the winners of the 1st-4th QFs won't meet in SF...

• After Group Phase FIVB will do draw, probably in toilet where won't be cameras, and after that We will know if Teams will play against each Other again or won't.

• Why there is no any new face in Brasil team since 2012? They are going to keep the same players till the 2020?

There's Lucarelli, by the way where is Isaac? Why isn't he in the roster? Injury?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• After Group Phase FIVB will do draw, probably in toilet where won't be cameras, and after that We will know if Teams will play against each Other again or won't.

I can't believe there isn't a schedule yet :aww:

Actually there is: http://rio2016.fivb.com/en/volleyball/schedule#/d20160814

But the QF of the second/third aren't defined, I guess that means there will be a sorting among them (I don't know if it's possible to have a 2nd vs a 2nd and a 3rd vs 3rd...).
    Until the sorting no way to know which teams can/can't meet in the semis.

Italy needs rest for what? One game is one more time for u to get better and get ready for the next match.

True, but also one more time to get injured :P And the rest even if not strictly needed can be a good thing.

If Italy plays with their startes then they should win 3-0,

Never take anything for granted in volleyball. If Brazil lost a set to Mexico...

I know we're not going to do it, but we should seriously consider playing Canada with the bench team. Fair play is nice and everything but it doesn't pay back, like USA-Brazil 2012.

I actually hope that few bench players (Antonov and Vettori, mostly) will find a bit of space on court, may be not at the beginning but during the match.
    That being said, I hope and think that Italy will play to win (at least in Blengini's mind: the court can speak differently), even if leaving Brazil or France at home would be very, very tempting. And considering they're our historical rivals even satisfactory :P

At the very least I can assure you the MBs and Juantorena won't even play a point, maybe Zaytsev too.

What do you mean with 'the MBs won't play a point''?
    I mean, are you aware that the MBs are 3, so 2 needs to play anyway? 8|
    I'm afraid Bira won't be able to rest is ankle because Piano as a problem with is calf, though. We will see. In any case it's almost sure that Buti will be on court.
    Osmany often seems quite exhausted no matter how well he could play anyway, I hope he'll rest a bit if he/the staff feels this is the right thing to do.
    Also because imho Antonov deserve to be on court.
    About Zaytsev, I hope he'll play a bit to perfectionate the 'regular' ball with Giannelli that isn't working that smoothly, then I hope Vettori will find a bit of space too.
    I hope Sottile will find space only if the set is kinda clear on our side, like vs Mexico.

• There's Lucarelli, Mauricio, Mauricio Souza, Douglas. Plus Lipe was not in 2012 I think, not sure if Elder was there either.

Most of them didn't make any cut even for WL F6 rosters few years ago and now they're playing OGs.
    Lucarelli is the only new good face of the last years, but he needs a solid WS beside him.
    Bernardo called back Serginho. Why didn't he do the same with Dante? ?(

• No, Lucas,Mauricio and Eder played better in the WL than Isac.

Ok, but Isaac?

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter