2016 Olympic Games - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• Piano still out for Italy-Iran (I don't know if he will be on the bench or in tribune).

Because of that Birarelli will probably play, even if his recovering isn't that smooth (mostly because he had to replace Piano vs Brazil).
    Even though, Antonov has trained as MB the past days to be ready in case of need.

• In gymnastics the team is made of 5, but the team goes the Olympics with 7.
    2 alternates stays there just in case someone gets hurt, example is France that boy broke his legs and was replaced by one alternate.

Same thing should be in volleyball, takes 2 extras players. They can practice with the team but would not be considered part of the team or get a medal. Then if someone is hurt that person leaves and the alternate becomes part of the 12 roster.

I think without Piano Italy is in big trouble. What happens if Butti or Bira is having a bad night, Antanov won't be enough.

• Although Piano isn't one of the best MBs in the world, he has a reliable block . Remember his performance against USA.
    I don't think a team with Buti as their MB can win Olympics. Even against Canada he was disastrous.
    As for Schmitt, sorry but it is easy to score 25 points when the opposing MBs are Buti and Antonov(!)

• In gymnastics the team is made of 5, but the team goes the Olympics with 7.
    2 alternates stays there just in case someone gets hurt, example is France that boy broke his legs and was replaced by one alternate.

Same thing should be in volleyball, takes 2 extras players. They can practice with the team but would not be considered part of the team or get a medal. Then if someone is hurt that person leaves and the alternate becomes part of the 12 roster.

I think without Piano Italy is in big trouble. What happens if Butti or Bira is having a bad night, Antanov won't be enough.

I think gymnastics play with 3 gymnasts in each apparatus, doesn't it? I saw Ukraine play some apparatus with 2 gymnasts in final. I didn't see any replacement.

• Although Piano isn't one of the best MBs in the world, he has a reliable block . Remember his performance against USA.
    I don't think a team with Buti as their MB can win Olympics. Even against Canada he was disastrous.
    As for Schmitt, sorry but it is easy to score 25 points when the opposing MBs are Buti and Antonov(!)

Old rancors from the 2014-15 season, when he led Arkas to the championship against Halkbank? :D Just joking. He has a bad day, like the whole team. They can't pass a single ball. And I lost the count how many net fault they did.

• Old rancors from the 2014-15 season, when he led Arkas to the championship against Halkbank? :D Just joking. He has a bad day, like the whole team. They can't pass a single ball. And I lost the count how many net fault they did.

:offtopic: Against injury prone Halkbank. Juantorena was coming from serious injury, and Sokolov was absent :lol:
    Congrats Russia. They are playing better and better

• Canada is a good team, but now they need to find someone who can be a option to Gavin Schmitt. The last two seasons was really hard for Gavin. A MB who can be a good blocker is needed too.

I did not know Bann, but i really liked him.

• how many net fault they did.

So much! :S

Congrats Russia, but I hoped Canada could put on a more decent fight :(

About Italian MBs, obviously having available/fully ok only the worst one isn't a good thing for us, especially considering the different quality of the opponents MBs, but I hope Buti will play better than vs Canada (Antonov almost did better than him xD), because he can (ok, he can also be even worst, but I'm crossing my fingers :P)

• I'm not even Polish nor American and yet already so excited about Poland-USA, without a doubt the most interesting match of the day.

According to Kubiak, Poland has already won the gold medal as they beat Iran, so... because it's not like Poland has an Olympic curse where they always lose in the quarterfinals :whistle:

• I'm very confident too that USA will win.

About the other matches... It's hard to tell the attitude Iran and Argentina will have.

Iran could beat Italy if they were focused, but have shown nothing so far that indicates they can click for this match.

Argentina is playing great, probably the highest level they have played over the last decade, but I'm afraid the scenario and the opponent could scare them and turn them into whipping boys one more time.