2016 / 2017 Transfer Rumors & Discussion

• what about her in the other elements?
    her defence,block, rate of mistake etc ?

In my opinion Egonu is the most dominant and powerful spiker in the world right now. Her jumping skills and the power of her arm are probably even superior than Hooker's... Her defence sucks, and rate of mistake also needs an improvement, but her physical skills are so incredibly devastating that she can definitely be considered already a world-class OPP at the age of 18 years old.
    Of course, if she signs with a top team next season, it would be wise not to put too much pressure on her by hiring also an experienced OPP who can enter whenever she needs some rest, but I have no doubt she is ready to play for a top team. At list four Italian top teams are chasing her, but Conegliano seems to be the one with more chances..

• Comparing Egonu with Fabris and Barun.

Barun (Total Attack 632) Err-35, Effic- 0.41, Blocks-15, Ace 34 Points 345
    Fabris (Total Attack 675) Err-42, Effic- 0.38 Blocks-23, Ace -33 Points 357
    Egonu (Total Attack 769) Err-94 Effic - 0.32 Blocks-21, Ace-23 Points 386

• Hooker can jump very well but is she amongst the strongest women in volleyball indeed ? i dont know why but her spikes hadnt looked that powerful to my eyes while watching her in some tournaments..f.e.Brazilian Natalia Pereira is a very stronger player
    do you think she(Egonu) is more dominant f.e. than Zhu Ting ?

• In my opinion Egonu is the most dominant and powerful spiker in the world right now.

I think Zhu is the most powerful spiker, but Egonu is 2nd ( just my opinion). But as a OP for example, I think Boskovic is the best, because Boskovic can also defend, serve and block really well. And Boskovic is almost same age as Egonu. Compering her with Boskovic I think Egonu has some work to do, but the level Egonu is right now at age 18, is the level that mostly players wont even reach in their whole career. I surprised that she has no offers from Turkey and China already.

Watching Egonu hitting the ball is really impressive.

In my opinion Gamova is the best OPP ever... and I hope in 10 years Boskovic will be taking her place as the best ever. ( But it could be Egonu also).

• No one mentioned it before. Rumor has it in Italy that Bergamo is interested in hiring Sheilla.

• Yes, some people mentioned that. But some people don`t believe it is true because Sheila made clear she would not play this season.

Oh sorry, I didn't read that :D

• Ok, correcting myself, it is not that some people thinks the rumor is fake. I bet it is true. But we just don`t think Sheila would say yes because she wanted the break more than anything else.

• It depends on the money, I guess.

A break for Sheilla can still happen after the league since she'll no longer wear the NT jersey anyway.

Plus it'll help her bring her a game before start of the 2017-18 season.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I love Sheilla and she's done so much for volleyball, but someday her career must end and I don't think this should take much longer. Maybe she will announce her full retirement before next season. Let's see...

• I love Sheilla and she's done so much for volleyball, but someday her career must end and I don't think this should take much longer. Maybe she will announce her full retirement before next season. Let's see...

I really doubt she'll retire right away. She's obviously exhausted but her brand of play that mixes power and speed with smart placement is something that could keep her career pushing through with a nice longevity. I never hear her getting injured a lot which probably as a consequence put her into that position as Brazil's undisputed main opposite for a very long time which probably as a consequence as well exhausted her too.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I really doubt she'll retire right away. She's obviously exhausted but her brand of play that mixes power and speed with smart placement is something that could keep her career pushing through with a nice longevity. I never hear her getting injured a lot which probably as a consequence put her into that position as Brazil's undisputed main opposite for a very long time which probably as a consequence as well exhausted her too.

Well she is already 33.. How much longer do you think she can play? And I mean really play and be a good, solid player, not just a shadow like Sokolova has been

• Did Sheilla officially retire from Brazilian NT or not? Cauze next year there will be the WCH, which is the only competion she has never won in her career... :whistling:

• Did Sheilla officially retire from Brazilian NT or not? Cauze next year there will be the WCH, which is the only competion she has never won in her career... :whistling:

She is not coming back. She said she wanted to quit after 2014 WCH (that's why she was out during the whole year of 2015), but with the Olympics held in Brazil she decided to come back last year after Ze Roberto insisted. She does not look like someone who will change her mind about that.

• rumors about C.Jaeckel (OH, USA) back in France in Mulhouse

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

She's never won World Cup, thank you.

• Where is Melissa Vargas? Is she also taking break in order to be able to play abroad. She also didnt play with NT last year and this year she is not in Prostejov :huh:

• in interview with ex-coach on Agel´s site it was written it was a serious surgery and she will be out for the whole season..there was also mentioned that she should start with some practise but didnt because the shoulder is still painful (in October)

• You must improve your english, given that you seem to be working overseas, right ?

Barun? Joycinha?? Sonsirma ??? Fabris ???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    You're joking, ain't ya? :teach:

I DO believe Eczacibasi has a stronger "trio", for the time being.
    Next year, though, either Larson or Kosheleva will be playing in some "richer" asian league.
    And as a "trio" I meant "playing in the same team": Zhu/Hill/Sloetjes are not as strong as they appear to be at first sight...
    Bricio and Robinson (1994/1992) are still improving, Hill is overrated.

I could well list all of them (Zhu being n.1, Kim n.2, etc...) singularly and I'd still end up with Fabris (reception), Barun (age/reception), Sonsirma (?) and Joycinha (???) in the very last spots.

Just wait and see.