Italian NT 2016

• I really don't think people should compare this situation to Logan Tom's case. Obviously, as great a player as Tom was, she doesn't have a place on the current USA team and it would be delusional to think otherwise. Kiraly was actually being nice to even talk to her about it.
    On the other hand, Diouf made it to what was supposed to be the final roster for the Olympic Games, only to find out she's not going in the end. It must be a really crappy feeling and I do sympathize with her. However, creating scandals and burning bridges is not the way to go and she's definitely not coming out of this looking good.

• Kiraly said to Logan Tom she was out ot the USA NT with an sms. So it is the same thing. Diouf knew her faith with an sms from Bonitta.

Anyway she has nothing to lose now: Bonitta will leave after the OGs.

• Okay, you guys... Did I miss something?? I read that article and nowhere does it mention that Diouf is blaming Gennari. Gennari just says Diouf hasn't gotten back to her yet, which is not remotely the same thing as what you all are saying she's doing.

FURTHER, I already posted this, but it's really bothering me: Diouf did not exactly say she was considered to be "a god" after the 2014 worlds. She was talking about Bonitta (or maybe the coaching staff at large), and was saying he/they acted like she was a god, or acted like she was immortal. She was just saying that since that competition, where she performed very well, she's felt like she hasn't been able to live up to these same expectations.

It seems like she's more commenting on how she felt like there were unfairly high standards for her, and she could never live up to them... And frankly, I don't disagree. I've never been her biggest fan as a player, but she DOES have more of an impact in games than Centoni or Ortolani have been having. I know it's a hard comparison to make, as neither of those players have played as much as her for the last 3 years, but THAT'S KINDA THE POINT! Diouf is a tremendous blocker, a consistent and tough server, and generally a good hitter. She gets blocked sometimes - yeah - but so do Jaque, Sheilla, Tandara, Centoni, Murphy, Ortolani, Kimura, Garay, etc. etc. etc. Orro and Malinov often set her way too low, as well, so it's not totally Diouf's fault.

Some people here write about her like she's the worst thing to ever happen to Italy's national team, and like she's a limp slug on the court. She's actually pretty enthusiastic and works really hard, I think.

And, for the record, I think Gennari is a better choice than Diouf. But I also see why Diouf is pissed. And, as Gennari says in this article, it wasn't between Gennari and Diouf, it was between Diouf and Centoni. I've always loved Centoni's game, but you're delusional if you think she's a better option than Diouf is for Italy. She can't get a ball down these days, and is a super inconsistent server.

This is all to say, let's cut Diouf some slack here.

• Kiraly said to Logan Tom she was out ot the USA NT with an sms. So it is the same thing. Diouf knew her faith with an sms from Bonitta.

Anyway she has nothing to lose now: Bonitta will leave after the OGs.

It's not the same thing, though. Logan Tom had returned to Stanford to do graduate school and hadn't been on the national roster in years. Her level as a hitter had dropped drastically and Karch had made a very public and obvious effort to usher in an entirely new generation of young players. (I agree that Karch shouldn't have SMS messaged her to deliver this news, but that's a totally different situation.)

• I really don't think people should compare this situation to Logan Tom's case. Obviously, as great a player as Tom was, she doesn't have a place on the current USA team and it would be delusional to think otherwise. Kiraly was actually being nice to even talk to her about it.
    On the other hand, Diouf made it to what was supposed to be the final roster for the Olympic Games, only to find out she's not going in the end. It must be a really crappy feeling and I do sympathize with her. However, creating scandals and burning bridges is not the way to go and she's definitely not coming out of this looking good.

Well you are right, this situation shouldn't be compared to Logan's, but not because of those reasons you stated above.. Logan Tom is/was one of the best players in the WORLD, Diouf is not the best on her position in ITALY.. Tom has played for her country in 4 Olympics, making her debut as a starter when she was 19 in 2000... I don't think there is need for me to write all the things she did for her country, all of the users here, including you, know her achievements..On the other hand, 23 years old Diouf, first played for her NT in 2013, 3 years ago and was useful for them in some tournaments, I can't deny it.. But there clearly is a difference between these 2 athletes, one is a known and respected athlete world wide, not once included in some scandal, already 35, and maybe ending her career.. and the other is 23 years old girl, who has yet to PROVE herself in her country and in the international scene, so she gets cut for a big tournament and drama begins..

Don't get me wrong I am not saying Bonitta was right to inform her through SMS, or that he first made her think she was going to Rio.. I don't agree with that too.. Saying Kiraly was
    actually nice to talk to her' is a joke.. I mean she is LOGAN TOM for Gods Sake.. she at least deserved an eye to eye conversation about it.. (yet I am not discussing whether she deserves or doesn't deserve to be in NT)

• It seems like she's more commenting on how she felt like there were unfairly high standards for her, and she could never live up to them... And frankly, I don't disagree. I've never been her biggest fan as a player, but she DOES have more of an impact in games than Centoni or Ortolani have been having. I know it's a hard comparison to make, as neither of those players have played as much as her for the last 3 years, but THAT'S KINDA THE POINT! Diouf is a tremendous blocker, a consistent and tough server, and generally a good hitter. She gets blocked sometimes - yeah - but so do Jaque, Sheilla, Tandara, Centoni, Murphy, Ortolani, Kimura, Garay, etc. etc. etc. Orro and Malinov often set her way too low, as well, so it's not totally Diouf's fault.

Actually Centoni is doing very well in Galatasaray. Considering the high level championship and the fact Galatasaray never performed as a team like they did last season, it's a very good result. About Ortolani I couldn't disagree more: she won 2 italian championships in a row struggling with injuries and being very important for her team. Diouf's palmarés with club is still empty... Just and italian supercup with Bergamo, a club where even my granny can win everything... :whistle:

And let me be clear once again. I'm not saying it's right or not Logan has been cut from NT. I'm just saying it's rude doing it with and sms. It's very unfair to Diouf who is an average player. But we are still talking of a 4 times olympic player! This sms trend for the cuts is rude.

• Actually Centoni is doing very well in Galatasaray. Considering the high level championship and the fact Galatasaray never performed as a team like they did last season, it's a very good result. About Ortolani I couldn't disagree more: she won 2 italian championships in a row struggling with injuries and being very important for her team. Diouf's palmarés with club is still empty... Just and italian supercup with Bergamo, a club where even my granny can win everything... :whistle:

And let me be clear once again. I'm not saying it's right or not Logan has been cut from NT. I'm just saying it's rude doing it with and sms. It's very unfair to Diouf who is an average player. But we are still talking of a 4 times olympic player! This sms trend for the cuts is rude.

:D :D at the Bergamo/Granny comment-- very good, haha.

Yes, I know Galatasaray and Imoco did very well-- they have fantastic teams, including Centoni and Ortolani. I'm talking about the national team, though, where neither has made a significant impact the way Diouf has. I like Centoni and Ortolani-- I always have. I especially love Centoni's enthusiasm and Ortolani's intelligence. Both will be fine in Rio, especially as the opposite is becoming less and less of a critical role in women's volleyball. All I meant to say is that Diouf has been good on the national team, and deserves some credit here.

Anyhow, I'm more reacting to the really unfair translations with what people are saying Diouf said/did. Nowhere in that article does it even remotely suggest that Diouf is "blaming" Gennari. Nowhere in the earlier article does Diouf take on the hubris we're accusing her of.

• Okay, you guys... Did I miss something?? I read that article and nowhere does it mention that Diouf is blaming Gennari. Gennari just says Diouf hasn't gotten back to her yet, which is not remotely the same thing as what you all are saying she's doing.

You're right, this article doesn't mention EXPLICITLY that Diouf is mad at Gennari, but it's very clear from Gennari's words that something changed between them. Why doesn't Diouf reply to Gennari's messages and phone calls? She has time to go on TV and release interviews, but no time to answer her friend Gennari.. Gennari words "I hope our friendship will continue after this" explains a lot, it's evident that Diouf is angry/jealous with her. Moreover in the first interview posted on sunday, when she was asked "Le compagne ti sono state vicine?" her answer was «Sì, ma soprattutto altri amici sportivi» (Did your teammates console/encourage you? Yes but especially other friends from the Sport World)...I think it's clear enough.

• This whole story is getting ridiculous.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• when Diouf was called in and out and in and out,i thought she has right to not respond anyone at this angry time,including gennari.of course she knew her position was changed by Bonitta and her only rival is Centoni,Bonitta admitted in the article that he chose from Diouf and Centoni.
    time will tell where their friendship goes.

She is more useful than Centoni in NT, with no doubt. and i support Gennari goes to Rio, she will be the next Del Core in this new team.

• The truth is, with Diouf Italy would have only 1 good rceiver in Del Core, and then nothing else... And she is not 25 anymore. It's a good move to have Gennari when you already have Ortolani and Centoni or Egonu. It wouldn't make sense.

And the funny thing is Italy have always had some great technically skilled players and very few big hitters. And now they will have big hitters only after OG ;)

• ITA 2017
    S - Orro , Malinov
    OH - Gennari , Guerra , Sylla , Tirozzi , L.Bosetti
    OP - Egonu , Diouf
    MB - Chirichella , Folie , Danise
    L - Sirressi , Spirito

• Italy - Preparation for European Championship qualifications

S: Ofelia Malinov, Alessia Orro
    OPP: Anna Nicoletti, Paola Egonu
    OH: Anastasia Guerra, Valentina Tirozzi, Caterina Bosetti, Myriam Sylla,
    MB: Anna Danesi, Raphaela Folie, Cristina Chirichella, Sara Bonifacio
    L: Monica De Gennaro, Beatrice Parrocchiale