Italian NT 2016

• Glad to see Ortolani back though she could be here earlier...

Centoni is powerful in league but in NT she could do anything but spike. what a shame an opp could not score.

so diouf-though she moves so slow but she could score in front row- and ortolani will go to tokyo.

• Does anyone know why Sansonna and Folie aren't in the last 'training' list, since their clubs are free?

Is this a sign they won't go to Tokyo, and/or they have physical problems or what?

• Does anyone know why Sansonna and Folie aren't in the last 'training' list, since their clubs are free?

Is this a sign they won't go to Tokyo, and/or they have physical problems or what?

Sansonna is in the list just in case of emergency...Bonitta will take Sirressi and De Gennaro to Tokyo and is using Spirito for the preparation.
    Folie had a great season so I don't really understand why she is not training with the rest of the group...that's a mistery ?(

• It's sure that he will pick Sirressi and De Gennaro?

I'm not a big fan of Sansonna so I will be absolutely glad if Bonitta will take the other two to Tokyo, but in the OG qualification in January he took Sansonna and Moki...

• Bonitta chose 15 players for the tournament in Japan, one more must be cut.

S: Alessia Orro, Noemi Signorile

OPP: Nadia Centoni, Serena Ortolani, Valentina Diouf

MB: Cristina Chirichella, Martina Guiggi, Anna Danesi,

Libero: Monica De Gennaro, Immacolata Sirressi

OH: Francesca Piccinini, Antonella Del Core, Paola Egonu, Alessia Gennari, Miriam Sylla.

• After her great performance in the finals i thought Bonitta may take Arrighetti to Tokyo.. Novara's duo didn't impress me at all this season.

• And again no Folie :aww:

atleast finally Siressi is there :win:

• Finally Ortolani and Sirressi back!

I would have brought Folie or Guerra instead of Sylla, I don't like her very much...

I didn't understand if he have to cut a player for Tokyo or not...

• Hope Ortolani won't be out :roll: either OP or OH will be out, I'd choose Sylla or Diouf :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• So no Folie again :down: at least Sirressi was called, Diouf or Sylla should be out and Ortolani should be starter for sure.

• Lo Bianco? Arrighetti? They both played well :what: :whistle:

• Lo Bianco? Arrighetti? They both played well :what: :whistle:

From what i understood, Leo refused to play for NT (i remember Lucchetta and Colantoni saying somehing like that durins the semis). For Arrighetti it's different since she didn't receive the call because of the quite poor playing (for her level) during the regular season. For sure she stepped up her game during the finals and to me she deserves at least a chance. Also, probably the starting MBs will be Guiggi and Chirichell, both sliders with very poor defensive skills (although this isn't mb priority) while Arrighetti can attack well both in slides an in front of setter and and has quite good defensive and covering skills. This is just my opinion about our MBs, I just don't think the ones in the list are the best combination we could have :win:

• Arrighetti had phisical problem this season, that's way she didn't got the call on the first list of 20 players, I think...
    Can you risk to call a player that may be won't be in her best shape in such an intense and important tournament, a tournament that comes right after the end of a long and difficult season, a season where her team was meant to play until the very end?
    We have enough good MBs to let her rest and recover, imho (and Vale is one of my favorite player, just to be clear ^^)
    May be for the Gran Prix she'll be back ;)

About the three opposite, imho it doesn't make much sense to bring 3 of them, but honestly Sylla's call makes even less sense, so I would cut her. But I'm not Bonitta ^^
    Ps bringing 3 Opp sound a lot like 'I don't have the courage to chose' to me...

If it will be an Opp to be cut, I don't think Bonitta will ever leave Diouf at home (probably not even on the bench).
    Honestly, unlike the most of you I feel the same way (but Ortolani would be my starter, at least she can dig, and with Egonu on court God knows how badly we need that!).
    I love Centoni, but Diouf is younger so it's better to bet on her for the future, imho...

I do understand that she has many technical and also physical limits (strange thing to say considering she is that tall, but that makes her too slow), but I think she is a player that can make the difference in a match (in fact it happens that she did) at least in attack/number of point and serving. Sometimes blocking too.
    On NT matches I remember more times when she was positive than otherwise...