Italian NT 2016

• I don't know his full name but his voice sounds very familiar to me, he always broadcasts with Consuelo Mangifesta.
    Now Cristina is not the baby girl anymore since Orro takes her place :rose:

He is Colantoni! :rolll: sincerely I don't like him, he makes confusion between the names of the players, the things happening on court (like a pipe from Gioli when she's doing her usual fast, Egonu places the ball when she has just hit the ball as hard as she can)... He usually doesn't even finish the speech he began, he's so anxiously! :wall:
    To him the players have standard definition, like Ognjenovic is the serbian queen, Diouf is the armed spiker of volleyball, the serve is always insidious and Chirichella is our princess :whistle:
    I'd rather prefer Lucchetta with Marco Fantasia, a calmer commentator and a crazy ex volleyball player!

• Bonitta reduced the list for WGP from 21 to 18 players. Out are Signorile, Loda and....Piccinini :what:

Alzatrici: Cambi, Malinov ed Orro (esclusa Signorile).

Opposti: Centoni, Diouf e Ortolani.

Centrali: Chirichella, Danesi, Guiggi e Melandri.

Schiacciatrici: Del Core, Egonu, Gennari, Guerra e Sylla (escluse Piccinini e Loda).

Liberi: De Gennaro, Sirressi e Spirito.

• interesting... maybe Piccinini needs some rest before OG, who knows :whistle: hope she's not already out of fight for a spot :what:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Francesca Piccinini just announced her retirement from Italian NT.

• it's a big pity for NT and we see that it's something like end of the era of some big names :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Did she complain about Bonitta's choice in WQT?

Honestly, her shape was very bad last week... retiring from NT is a good decision

• Did she complain about Bonitta's choice in WQT?

L'ultima tappa della qualificazione olimpica in Giappone, mi ha fatto capire che le scelte dell'allenatore, che rispetto ma non condivido, non corrispondono alle mie aspettative e a quanto penso di rappresentare.

Trying to translate: "The last step of OG qualification made me understand that the coach's choices, which I respect but don't share, don't correspond with my expectations and with what I intend to represent."

• L'ultima tappa della qualificazione olimpica in Giappone, mi ha fatto capire che le scelte dell'allenatore, che rispetto ma non condivido, non corrispondono alle mie aspettative e a quanto penso di rappresentare.

Trying to translate: "The last step of OG qualification made me understand that the coach's choices, which I respect but don't share, don't correspond with my expectations and with what I intend to represent."

Almost perfect :D

I'll just suggest a change for the last part: I would translate it as 'what I think I represent' --> I read it not like something referred to the future, but more like 'I'm the female symbol of this sport in Italy and you prefer to keep me on the bench like I'm the last arrived...'

Well, honestly I see it like 'instead of waiting for him to cut me off from the OG, I want it to be/seem my choice'...

Picci, I'm among those who think that your time in the NT was almost over, but I will remember you anyway :flower: :flower: :heart: :heart:

• I guess it's better for her to retire by herself rather than being cut from the Olympic roster

edit: kk15 nailed it perfectly, it's better to walk off her own way rather than right before Rio, when all the spotlights are on the Olympic tournament

• L'ultima tappa della qualificazione olimpica in Giappone, mi ha fatto capire che le scelte dell'allenatore, che rispetto ma non condivido, non corrispondono alle mie aspettative e a quanto penso di rappresentare.

Basically it means: I don't want to play anymore in the NT because I am a bench player. :whistle:

Finally she is OUT! And, by the way, she wasn't even in the list for the WGP. I don't know what happen before, her decision or Bonitta's one.

She isn't anymore the player she used to be. I think maybe since the year after the scudetto in Bergamo, she is getting worse and worse. During the WCH she was a disaster when she was called in. I think in the last years she only played well during the Champions League with Casalmaggiore. She wasn't even always a starter in the club.

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• she was the starting 7 in the first and second match Last week (against Korea and Thailand)

i think Bonitta gave her chance....she could hardly score a point

• I'm so happy she left the NT. Now I have no reason to watch Italy anymore. :D

I guess they won't go any further than the group phase. Lina can't win matches by herself. And if she's out of shape, like in the OGQT, they're better stay home. :wavy:

Loca, don't be ridiculous: you just showed up after months to say how much you hate her once again for being the only famous volleyball player in activity in Italy. :rolll:
    It's not her fault if no one knows who's Lo Bianco. If you lived in Cacciatori's age I just wonder how much you could hate her too. :white:

Now she was even awful far from Bergamo? :lol: She just played for bad clubs after BG. The president of the federation himself called her in London, because without her no one would care about the NT in the OG; she's the symbol of the italian volleyball. She has been the first one in everything she did. That's all. :teach:

• Picci :rose: She's been the real symbol of Italian women's volleyball and I will always cherish her performances on the court. What I miss the most is her spike serves.

With Piccinini out, I really hope Gennari will make it to the final roster because she's the only one who could replace exhausted Del core.

• Picci :rose: She's been the real symbol of Italian women's volleyball and I will always cherish her performances on the court. What I miss the most is her spike serves.

With Piccinini out, I really hope Gennari will make it to the final roster because she's the only one who could replace exhausted Del core.

Knowing Bonitta, Sylla will be starter in the OG. He always goes for the best no sense. :lol:

• Knowing Bonitta, Sylla will be starter in the OG. He always goes for the best no sense. :lol:

He has already proved that by calling Melandri while letting Folie trave in the US. Hopefully he's not as thoughtless as leaving Gennari home. I don't like Sylla and I won't like her ever but she played very well in Tokyo, thus it's fair to take her.

I'm afraid that Imma wouldn't make the cut :S

• Bonitta on his FB.