Brazilian NT 2016

• If she was 20, single and no kids she could just pack and go, but she`s 30,married and has a child, she can`t just pack and go.

Actually she can. I didn't know you could not live in another country after you were married with children.
    And also, she can stay in Brazil, she just needs to accept to earn less money. I'm sure there is a lot of clubs in Brazil that would try really hard to have her.

• Almost everywhere there's the financial crisis, not only Brazil. In Italy, Azerbaigian and Germany teams keep desappaering. Russia has very rich clubs and poor ones. Turkey is the most stable country to play volleyball right now, if i want to play in Europe. But this is not the problem. Brazil is using a ranking system which is ruining the competition. Why a sponsor should invest in volleyball when they can't sign as much top players as they want? I'm a rich club: well, your problem, not mine. The level of the competition dropped a lot as well, expecially when they allowed new teams to enter (15 teams was way too much). You can see the result on NT as well. The level dropped a bit compared to their really high standard, but it is normal, the players are almost all 30+...

• Actually the level of Brazilian league has improved in the past years

• Also, I really can't see the level of the NT dropping that much. Brazil was bronze medal last WCH and has been winning or being in the top 3 teams of any competition in the last years...this hasn't changed since 2005

• Actually the level of Brazilian league has improved in the past years

I disagree. Rio de Janeiro is always champion, but losing every season very important players. Osasco has been a mess the last 3 years. Around there are few teams which can challenge them, like Praia Clube, Minas Tenis Club, SESI SP, Pinheiros, but the others are not so good. Average level is bit level, total level dropped. But this is just my opinion. You're free to disagree. ^^

• Also, I really can't see the level of the NT dropping that much. Brazil was bronze medal last WCH and has been winning or being in the top 3 teams of any competition in the last years...this hasn't changed since 2005

Well, it was the first bronze medal ever for this generation of players. They always brought home gold (mostly) or silver medals. :obey:

• About the bronze medal: we all know that this only happened because Brazil played the semifinal against the US. This was supposed to be gold medal match...Brazil would probably be silver again.
    And I don't know for how long you have been watching Brazilian Superleague, but in the past 12 years or more the last one had overall the highest level with better and more competitive teams.

• The ranking system is not ruining the competion...the ranking is perfect, let`s have which team with only 2 or 3 National team a.k.a ( the best) this way the league would have all 12 teams fighthing for the tittle and not only 2..

The sponsors are the problem...they did not show up....

RIght now Jaque, Fabiana, Juciely,Thaisa all need a club right? Let`s say if I was rich and could sponsor then I would go to Volei do Sul and drop the money, invest for the season and ask them to sign those 4 And I would be paying a lot of $$$ for them... then the problem would be resolved.

unfortanally there`s nobody or company in Brazil that wants to do that right now.....

But let`s say they had no ranking Jaque/Jucyeli/Thaisa/Fabiana could be signed by Osasco or RIo, them the current players of Osasco and RIo would be the ones with no team....which would make it even harder to find sponsors for a team with those players...

and No Jaque cant just pack and go...she would need to find someone to go live with her to take care of her son , and stay away from her husband and family.....or find someone to be taking care of her son in Brazil and be away from him for months.

Almost everywhere there's the financial crisis, not only Brazil. In Italy, Azerbaigian and Germany teams keep desappaering. Russia has very rich clubs and poor ones. Turkey is the most stable country to play volleyball right now, if i want to play in Europe. But this is not the problem. Brazil is using a ranking system which is ruining the competition. Why a sponsor should invest in volleyball when they can't sign as much top players as they want? I'm a rich club: well, your problem, not mine. The level of the competition dropped a lot as well, expecially when they allowed new teams to enter (15 teams was way too much). You can see the result on NT as well. The level dropped a bit compared to their really high standard, but it is normal, the players are almost all 30+...

• Monique (OPP) asked to be released for "personal reasons", ZRG tried convince her to stay, but didn't had succeeded.

Source

BTW, Michelle (her twin sister) did the same weeks ago in the B team, I hope everything is fine with them and their family.

• Brazilian 14 for WGP week1:

S: Dani Lins, Roberta
    OPP: Sheilla, Tandara
    OH: Fernanda Garay, Natália, Gabi, Mari Paraíba
    MB: Fabiana, Thaisa, Juciely, Adenízia
    L: Camila Brait, Léia

Both Jaque (OH) and Carol (MB) still recovering from their injuries and Fabiola (S) is expected to be back on training in June 15.

• Oh my god! You mean Ana Carolina? The MB.. so sad! I think she would have grabbed the 3rd spot and she deserved it.. is the injury that serious? When did it happen

Oh, no! ;( I was rooting for her as well and I hoped she'll play in Rio alongside Fabiana and Thaisa. Melhordovolei says she sprained her ankle and has back injury. Apparently she won't recover in time for OG. Very sad indeed. I think now the third MB should be Juciely.

• agree and I hope it'll end up like that, with Adenizia out of the picture

most probable final roster:
    Dani Lins, Fabiola, Sheilla, Tandara, Fe Garay, Natalia, Jaqueline, Gabi, Thaisa, Fabiana, Juciely, Camila

having any other player in Rio would be surprise :wavy:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game