CEV Champions League 2017

• And Telecom wins the first set against Chemik. See, I`ve been telling you guys they are not that weak as a lot of people keeps saying they are. All the games they have lost so far has been really close. And this is because they only have 4 teams in their league...

And talking about the Russia wanting them and Volero to play in their league. I just found that in the Russia Men`s Basketball League there`s 9 Russian Teams and 1 team from each country ( Check Republic, Latvia, Belarus,Finland,Estonia,Kazakstan and Georgia) making it 16 teams.

Telekom BAKU IS weak - after surprise set one they had no chance anymore against Polish champion Chemik POLICE (okay, they are really strong, but anyway).

• Krasnodar loses 0:3 :white:

So the trial to send B team to remote Russian superleague location Krasnoyarsk a few days ago didn't work out - Krasnodar seemed to be blood-less as they have been biten by transsylvanian team Alba BLAJ :) . But honestly, Romanian A1 is not that bad a league (top 8 in Europe), Alba BLAJ is clearly the best team there and Krasnodars Malykh scored just 11 points today for example... still better blocking of the Russian team didn't help, because in attack efficiency, reception and service the Romanians were mostly clearly better.

• Uralochka came to Dresden with their 2nd team and a few bench players from 1st team :what:
    And in their roster on CEV site it says "license revoked on 15/02/17" for Evdokimova and Cheremisina, any clue what that means? Any issues between Uralochka and CEV?

• Do you think any German team would steal a set from Chemik or Modena? and loose a set 29-31 to Conegliano?? I don`t think so...

even in Poland only a few teams can steal a set from Chemik.

Telekom BAKU IS weak - after surprise set one they had no chance anymore against Polish champion Chemik POLICE (okay, they are really strong, but anyway).

• Well, unfortunately Uralochka has been eliminated already, they have 3 points and can only reach 9. Vitra already has 10 points and Vakfibank 11. They probably did not even feel like sending their A team to play a game that means nothing to them.

Uralochka came to Dresden with their 2nd team and a few bench players from 1st team :what:
    And in their roster on CEV site it says "license revoked on 15/02/17" for Evdokimova and Cheremisina, any clue what that means? Any issues between Uralochka and CEV?

• Do you think any German team would steal a set from Chemik or Modena? and loose a set 29-31 to Conegliano?? I don`t think so...

even in Poland only a few teams can steal a set from Chemik.

Schwerin and Stuttgart could definitely take sets, if not matches there. In fact Schwerin and Chemik had a joint training camp before the season including some training matches and Schwerin took quite a few sets there :whistle:

• I know them can... but she said before that, all the teams from Baku would certainly loose for the top 3 German teams.

So I just tried to prove that of course they could beat the German teams, once they can even win a set against Chemik and Modena.

and to say that CERTAINLY the German teams would win against the Azzeri teams was a bit too much....

• Uralochka came to Dresden with their 2nd team and a few bench players from 1st team :what:

This makes up mixed feelings for me: first DRESDNER SC had extremely bad luck in the draw to get in a pool with absolutely superiour ISTANBUL clubs VakifBank and Eczacibasi VitrA as with strong Russian team Uralochka NTMK EKATERINBURG. Second, they have not the roaster this season (opposed to the last one) to make any sense when playing CL. On the other hand against this weak chosen team they MUST win, because any other outcome would disappoint their well-informed spectator crowd in Margon hall to no end, but motivation can be limited. So let us see, what will happen

• Chemik NEED Modena to lose. If Modena win then they must win the group, leaving Chemik almost no chance to qualify (they would require ECV and Volero to lose both Games)

• Telekom BAKU IS weak - after surprise set one they had no chance anymore against Polish champion Chemik POLICE (okay, they are really strong, but anyway).

I agree with you. It looks (directly from Azoty Arena) Telekom had very good service in 1st set + Samadova played her best. As from 2nd set Telekom had no chance to win anything.

• Kosheleva reception ruins the set

• And Vitra`s problem is still the same... Kosheleva can`t pass and Larson can`t attack. And today Kosheleva isnt attacking well and neither Larson is passing well.I think is hard for Barbolini to try and change things, because isnt both of them making 1 million euro this season? This put him in a really tough spot. At least Thaisa is back.

• Kosheleva out Hande in imo, Koshe can't kill a ball.

Btw I think I just spotted Turkish movie/series star Engin Duzyatan in the crowd, which is great for Turkish Volleybal. I'm hoping more celebs will support the sport like him :thumbsup: