CEV Champions League 2017

• Congrats Eczacibasi! I knew/hoped they could pull that out and after Thaisa injury I'm double happy for their victory, that was the only right end :)

Sad note, Thaisa is still the best blocker of the match with for 4 ;(

• Well I mean I think Thaisa said it herself. You don't exactly say in the press, "yeah my club is really (criminally?) negligent and ignores serious injuries" unless it is true.

Are you in the ECZ medical staff since you act like you know it is untrue?

• Just saying but Thaisa's knee injury is not on the same leg that she broke her ankle. The injured ankle was probably more likely caused by the accident of landing on another players foot, rather than caused by her previous injury. It's awful that she was injured, but its probably better to focus on wishing her a healthy recovery rather than trying to lay blame on people.

• Really , what's happening in here? This Thaisa injury/Eczacıbasi medical staff story is a nonsense.

Well she said it herself on a video conference interview.

Yes, she decided to play anyway which was wrong, but what the club did BEFORE that has no excuse.

• Just saying but Thaisa's knee injury is not on the same leg that she broke her ankle. The injured ankle was probably more likely caused by the accident of landing on another players foot, rather than caused by her previous injury. It's awful that she was injured, but its probably better to focus on wishing her a healthy recovery rather than trying to lay blame on people.

Yes, this is true. I think the club made a really bad decision regarding her knee, but I don't think that has anything to do with this injury

I just wish her a quick recovery :flower:

• I just noticed that Natalia was a bit indifferent, for a lack of a better term, to Thaisa's injury (or maybe she was too scared?). Even Eda and the other Fener players looks more concerned than her

• I haven't watched the match yet and only seen the one photo so far, but I want to say two things:

1. Eczaci's medical staff lying to her about her knee injury has no connection whatsoever with breaking her ankle from landing on another player's foot. Both are terrible events, but totally isolated from each other.

2. It's not gonna end her career. Many players before her have recovered from such an injury and many more will. For example Katarina Barun had the same injury some years ago when she played in Romania, I remember seeing a photo of her foot standing away in a very awkward angle, and did it end her career? No...she was out quite a while (about a year I think), but she came back stronger.

• The injury that happened today is nobody`s fault. It was just a accident.

I was talking about the prior injury this one, back in January, And they are not responsible for her getting that injury either, they are just responsible for lying to her about her severe it was and putting her life in danger without her knowing what was going on.

That is what I am thinking, too! Thaisa didn't deserve that, so poor, really! And you are wrong, her husband flew back to Brazil 2 or 3 days ago, so I guess he will be back as soon as possible!

I have no idea wtf you are on about man? are you blaming Eczaci physios for this freak injury? or are you on about her prior injury leading to this injury? (and the club physios doing something wrong along the line) Explain to me what you think was done wrong here?

• Yes, this is true. I think the club made a really bad decision regarding her knee, but I don't think that has anything to do with this injury

I just wish her a quick recovery :flower:

I noticed the different leg too, but we all know that if you have an injure on your left leg, you tend to land on your right leg more to avoid the pain, and I believe that is what she did. She put more weight on the less injured leg, and than the concentration of force on one leg caused this horrible moment that scared all people off the court and tears out!

• Let`s just clarify something. TODAY Thaisa played with her own consent, she played because she wanted to, it was her choice, Vitra gave her the choice to play today and she said YES I will play.

But going back to the injury back in January. That is when Vitra lied to her, and she played without knowing how severe how injury was. And here is where the doctors and the club must he responsible to what happened.

And that article that someone posted. They say the true. Sure Thaiza made the decision to play today, BUT she should never have played. Again it was her decision, she is a athlete but she is not a doctor. So the doctor knows better and he or she just never let her play today.

And her prior injury has something to do with the injury today, she had to land with more weight on the other leg ( the one she got hurt)

Her husband said he talked to her and she said she is still in pain and really sad.

And the say of course she should sue the club.

http://saidaderede.blogosfera.…ei-ainda-pode-ser-amador/

• I just noticed that Natalia was a bit indifferent, for a lack of a better term, to Thaisa's injury (or maybe she was too scared?). Even Eda and the other Fener players looks more concerned than her

What? She was there the entire time bending over to try to help Thaisa and make her comfort. Please stop trying to find things that don't exist.
    They have known each other for more than 10 years now, have played together in clubs, and in the NT. They might not be best friends but there is a mutual respect between them.