Champions’ League 2007/08

• Champions League femminile

Best scorer : Ekaterina Gamova (Dinamo Mosca - Russia)

Best server : Anna Baranska (Winiary Bakalland Kalisz / Polonia)

Best spiker : Ekaterina Gamova (Dinamo Mosca / Russia)

Best blocker : Vesna Citakovic (Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul / Turchia)

Best receiver : Alexandra Fomina (RC Cannes / Francia) :thumbsup:

• hey guys,

let's tell prediction about matches.mine is there:

Sirio PERUGIA (ITA) vs. Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) 3-1
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-1
    Zarechie ODINTSOVO (RUS) vs. Farmutil PILA (POL) 3-0
    Winiary Bakalland KALISZ (POL) vs. Dela Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) 1-3
    Asystel NOVARA (ITA) vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR) 2-3 :win:
    RC CANNES (FRA) vs. Voléro ZÜRICH (SUI) 2-3
    ı believe eczacıbaşı will make surprise of day ;)

• Sirio PERUGIA (ITA) vs. Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) 2-3
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-0
    Winiary Bakalland KALISZ (POL) vs. Dela Martinus AMSTELVEEN (NED) 3-2
    Asystel NOVARA (ITA) vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR) 3-1
    RC CANNES (FRA) vs. Voléro ZÜRICH (SUI) 1-3

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Sirio PERUGIA (ITA) vs. Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) 3-0
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-2
    RC CANNES (FRA) vs. Voléro ZÜRICH (SUI) 3-2

Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-1
    Asystel NOVARA (ITA) vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR) 1-3
    RC CANNES (FRA) vs. Voléro ZÜRICH (SUI) 3-1

• Well, we've got a consensus about the results of russian teams. Not so bad, he-he... :drink:

• Here are my predictions :)

Sirio PERUGIA (ITA) vs. Spar TENERIFE Marichal (ESP) 3-0
    Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-0
    Asystel NOVARA (ITA) vs. Eczacibasi Zentiva ISTANBUL (TUR) 3-2

Well, we've got a consensus about the results of russian teams. Not so bad, he-he... :drink:

It's not hard to guess why :roll:

Dinamo MOSCOW (RUS) vs. Vini Monteschiavo JESI (ITA) 3-2

Well, with 2 out of 3 middle blockers injuried (Nikolaeva and Liktoras) and the only left Borodakova is not in good conditions (well, she attacks rarely and not efficient even in good form), and Godina's conditions leave much to be desired, it will be very difficult for Dinamo. The only thing left is to wish good luck to Gamova and Tom. Nevertheless, I hope Dinamo will win this match.

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).

• Dinamo - Jesi 3:1
    hmm really hard to guess some matches.
    Jesi won against Bergamo in the last playround in italy, which is kinda weird. And if a team is able to beat Foppa i think it can also beat Dinamo (especially when the team misses some keyplayers). But ill decide for Dinamos victory cos they play at home :)

Perugia - Tenerife 3:0
    Both teams are struggling kinda lately, but out of experience i think Perugia is a team which is always dangerous and has the better players after all...

Zarechie - Piła 3:1
    Zarechie is the clear favourite. But they are not perfect and i hope Piła will be at least able to fight and show some nice match

Kalisz - Amstelveen 3:2
    Kalisz is usually really strong at home. With a good Lena and Ania the team has definitely the power of beeting Manon etc. And i really want Kalisz to win :whistling:

Novara - Eczacibasi 1:3
    Novara plays really badly lately... while Eczacibasi plays the standart it can. And i think that is enough.....
    But i hope i will be proven wrong

Cannes - Zurich 1:3
    Cannes at home eh... always hard to beat but i think Zurich is a level better. But this is a match hard to predict because both teams play in a really bad league.....

• [
    Kalisz - Amstelveen 3:2
    Kalisz is usually really strong at home. With a good Lena and Ania the team has definitely the power of beeting Manon etc. And i really want Kalisz to win :whistling:

Uff... I'm not the only one in my predictions on this match :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Cannes - Zurich 1:3
    Cannes at home eh... always hard to beat but i think Zurich is a level better. But this is a match hard to predict because both teams play in a really bad league.....[/quote]

Cannes - Zurich 1:3
    Cannes at home eh... always hard to beat but i think Zurich is a level better. But this is a match hard to predict because both teams play in a really bad league.....

Hehe... Jaja, die Liga in der Schweiz ist halt nicht die Beste... :) ..
    aber Zürich wird Cannes schon schlagen, wie immer :D

• Zarechie - Piła 3:1
    Zarechie is the clear favourite. But they are not perfect and i hope Piła will be at least able to fight and show some nice match

Nastja, thank you for giving Piła a chance to win one set :D

serdar, what is the prize money in your prediction competition? :whistle:

• So far, Jesi 2 x 1 Dinamo, with Jesi leading 16-7 in the fourth set... ?(

• I watched Dinamo - Jesi game.
    Well, what can I say... it's a pity but my fears came true.
    As I said before it was for Gamova and Tom to win this this match - they couldn't.

Set 1. How to set. Out of frst 8 points - 4 serve errors, Dinamo took lead with 6-4 , then Jesi answred with 3 straight points. First TTO 8-7 for Jesi. Then Dinamo activated and had 3 points lead 13-10 mainly because of Jesi errors (2 wide attacks of Bown). Second TTO 16-14 for Dimano, Rinieri with her float serves made the score 18-16 in favour of Jesi, then 20-17, Dinamo leveled it 22-22, then Jesi took 2 straight points 24-22, Dinamo answered 23-24, then Godina made an excellent service and Dimano had free ball but Gratcheva made a terrible set to Gamova in comfortable situation, so Jesi scored the last point 25-23. Frankly speaking the score may fool you caus Dinamo reached 23 ponits mainly due to Jesi mistakes, not by Dinamo's great play. However there were some long and spectacular rallies, both teams showed some good defence.

Set 2. Learning to receive. It was a nightmare. Jesi found a victim in reception and this decision gave good result. I can't remember last time when I saw such poor reception. Makhno could not receive at all. Zayko ( old idiot, I'm sorry) substituted Lesya when the score was terrible. So, all the time it was the same: serve to Makhno - bad recetion, free ball for Jesi - point. It was 3-8, 7-16, 9-20, after that Dinamo remembered they don't want to lose like in first set of the very first match with Amstelven but it was too late. 18-25.

Set 3. Hey, we can play average volleyball sometimes. Even losing 0-2, I believed they can win this match, with Makhno out of court and even playing that bad. Logan Tom made the score 8-4 for Dinamo with some good serves. This time it was Jesi that couldn't cope with serves. 16-11. Dinamo played a bit better but still not good. Jesi almost leveled the score but in the long run it was Dinamo that scored the last point 25-18.

Set 4. It was me, who gave birth to you and I will kill you. Dinamo won its first point with block, so, it was 1-1, when #11 Marcelle came to serve... and again, three blocks in a row made the score 4-1 for Jesi, but Marcelle enjoyed serving so that the score became 10-1, well, I even don't know how to call what I saw on the court, Italian team was owning Dinamo.... it was terrible, I haven't seen Dinamo so powerless, 3-13, 6-16. Gamova gave us hope with some good serves and attacks - 12-16, they had a chance to make 13-16 but lost the point, then the score was smth like 15-20, Dinamo started to shpw good defence and blocks plus few mistakes of Jesi and they almost leveled 20-21, (I though I'd have a heart attack), then Gamova had a chance to level the score but made a fatal mistake with net attack, 22-20. Gamova attacks - defence -point Jesi 23-20. Godina attacks - defence - point Jesi 24-20. Gamova attacks - out 25-20. Game over for "Gamover" (Gamova's nickname).

I can't say that Jesi is unbeatable team, well, they're not that strong, but Dinamo is lame these days.
    One fact: Dinamo attacked straight to the floor only in the end of second set. 1 time for 2 sets. smth about 10 times for the whole game.

Regarding players:
    1. Gamova. Every team in the world knows how and where she attacks and she doesn't change her spikes. She rarely plays block-out, frequenly ball is flying straight to libero after Katja's spikes. She becomes older and doesn't show the game she played in Athens (and before) and some matches in Japan, WCH06, and I doubt she will. Nothing can be changed in her atacks or she doesn't want to play, or cannot, I can't explain.
    2. Gratcheva. Well, I was happy when she returned. She played good in the first year, next year worse, and nowadays awful. I'm happy that she finishes her career this year, she made wise decision. However I can blame her as a fan but I can't as a peson, because it very-very-very hard to make yourself to do your job properl, knowing that you leave soon. No comments.
    3. Borodakova. everything as usual, not bad in block, zero in attack - slow, not sharp etc. She doesn't grow as a player. It's a pity, because she is Russian NT player.
    4. Godina. - Omg))) Forgot to say that she played middle blocker in this match :) It was predictable with 2 injuried mbs. Well,she never attacked but made some good blocks. Can't say much about her, she's gaining her previous conditions.
    5. Makhno. Every her ball touch made a point for Jesi. No comments.
    6. Logan Tom. She can play far more better. Yes, Logan you're in Russia and you're playing with Gratcheva, so, please learn to attack high balls.
    7. Ezhova. Dunno, I couldn't notice her on the court, however I like her game this year.

Gamova and Negrini were awarded as best players of the match. Diagree at 100%. Gamova? Don't make me laugh, however maybe she was the best in Dinamo... It was obvious that the best player in Jesi was Simona but it occured so that it was obvious only for me :) . I expected more from Bown and especially Togut.
    That's my point of view on this particular game.
    P.S. Sorry for misprints and mistakes but I'm lazy to check and read that once more, sorry :whistling:

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself. (Oscar Wilde).