Champions’ League 2007/08

• Hehe, i can't wait to see that game too, and i have the chance to see it live.. jeeeah :thumbsup: ..

but i hope of course that zurich will win :D

• Kalizs x Amstelveen wasn't a great game. Winiary slept first two sets and had put to sleep Amstelveen by that. Then Dutch slept next two sets. The fifth set Amstelveen lost in a best tradition of Halle. They had advantage in four points 13-9 and lost 14-16 (((

It depends on, what you mean saying "a great" game. For me it's a game in which both teams(or onless one) use their skills to show good volleybal, a game with many turns of action and fantastic atmosphere in the hall. The match in Kalisz had this everything, so it was a great game in my opinion (and I watched really many games in my life). I wouldn't also say, that Winiary slept two first sets - these sets were pretty close, and Dutches was better on the endings.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• It depends on, what you mean saying "a great" game. For me it's a game in which both teams(or onless one) use their skills to show good volleybal, a game with many turns of action and fantastic atmosphere in the hall. The match in Kalisz had this everything, so it was a great game in my opinion (and I watched really many games in my life). I wouldn't also say, that Winiary slept two first sets - these sets were pretty close, and Dutches was better on the endings.

Your definition of the great game is almost right. I would add, that teams have to play with inspiration, courage, giving them all to the game. The problem is that there were no any of the features you listed. The volleyball was less than good. 2 serve errors from Debby (she never misses in normal conditions) and 5(!) from Anna Baranska. I know what atmosphere Polish supporters can create. It wasn't there. I never "sleep" watching Martinus games. But this time it was quite difficult to do. To make sure, that I'm right, you can watch, for example, Top Volley 2007 semi-final Cannes-Volero or Russia-Serbia in Halle and feel the difference.

• Your definition of the great game is almost right. I would add, that teams have to play with inspiration, courage, giving them all to the game. The problem is that there were no any of the features you listed. The volleyball was less than good. 2 serve errors from Debby (she never misses in normal conditions) and 5(!) from Anna Baranska. I know what atmosphere Polish supporters can create. It wasn't there. I never "sleep" watching Martinus games. But this time it was quite difficult to do. To make sure, that I'm right, you can watch, for example, Top Volley 2007 semi-final Cannes-Volero or Russia-Serbia in Halle and feel the difference.

That's your opinion, I have my own. I'm not saying it was the greatest game I have seen. But you also don't have to give me these two examples, cause I watched many games and I can make the comparison ;) :read:

The most important 3:

• That's your opinion, I have my own. I'm not saying it was the greatest game I have seen. But you also don't have to give me these two examples, cause I watched many games and I can make the comparison ;) :read:

Well, these teams have one more chance to make it better in a few days :teach: :)

• Second Matches of the Playoffs (12) - Schedule
    Spar Tenerife Marichal - Sirio Perugia (live on Laola1.tv at 21:00 CET)
    Monteschiavo Jesi - Dinamo Moscow
    Volero Zurich - RC Cannes (live on Laola1.tv at 20:00 CET)

Farmutil Pila - Zarechie Odintsovo
    Winiary Kalisz - Dela Martinus Amstelveen (live on Laola.tv at 19:00 CET)
    Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul - Asystel Novara (live on Laola.tv at 16:00 CET)

• Results from 20.02.2008
    Spar Tenerife Marichal - Sirio Perugia 1:3 (26:28 25:23 18:25 22:25)
    Monteschiavo Jesi - Dinamo Moscow 3:1 (25:20 25:18 22:25 29:27)
    Volero Zurich - RC Cannes 3:0 (25:21 25:20 25:12)

Well, actually no surprises yesterday. The teams which won last week won also yesterday.
    I hoped for Dinamos revenge but it seems that the team is not in the best shape now. Unfortunatly the worst timing...

As in the previous post mentioned, 3 interesting matches awaiting us today.
    Zarechie is the clear favourite against Pila, especially because the polish team shows a bad perfomance in the Polish League as well.
    More interesting will be Kalisz vs Amstelveen. An exciting 3:2 for Kalisz last week makes the fans hope for a similiar match today. Definitely one of the hardest matches to predict though i favor Amstelveen to win this time.
    Istanbul vs Novara? Last week showed us that even a not so good Novara can beat Istanbul, which was also not showing off its best performance. If both team will be able to rise their performance it can be a great match to watch. If not, it will be just one of these 'when is it finally over'- matches.
    Istanbul has great players and if they will be able to show their potential also on court today they are able to trouble Novara. Otherwise i see no chance against a strong Novara for them.

From my own subjective point of view, i would love to see Kalisz win against Amstelveen :rose:

• From my own subjective point of view, i would love to see Kalisz win against Amstelveen :rose:

I hope you are a prophet :D

The most important 3:

• weird match between Istanbul and Novara.
    Novara won the first set straightly 25:13 and lost the 2nd 17:25 :roll:
    But Novara played mainly with subs in the 2nd set from what ive seen....

EDIT:
    Novara also lost the last 2 sets... but actually who cares :S

• weird match between Istanbul and Novara.
    Novara won the first set straightly 25:13 and lost the 2nd 17:25 :roll:
    But Novara played mainly with subs in the 2nd set from what ive seen....

Eczacibasi Zentiva Istanbul - Asystel Novara 3:1

Italians are foxy. Never put more strength than needed for the victory. Not very good for their supporters.

• my comment to Kalisz: ;( ;( ;(

Mine is a little bit similar: :mad: ;( :down: ;( :mad:

The most important 3:

• and my comment to Eczacıbaşı ;( ;( ;( :wavy: :wavy:

• so lightmaster... we are waiting for ur smiles :D

Only for you ;) Woo-hoo! Ja-Ja-Ja!! Yes-Yes-Yes!! Да-Да-Да!!! We did it!!! :thumbsup: :super: Opening the 1 liter bottle of vodka. It's enough here to celebrate my holiday and to wipe out your sadness! :lol: Konrad, drinking for you too, don't be upset :drink: ;)

Seriously. Today Avital Selinger has done almost what I waited from him in the first set of the first game with Poland in Halle. He replaced Kim Staelens for Riette Fledderus and Chaine Staelens for Alice Blom. And he did it in time, not waiting while the things become too bad. In some circumstances, players which are not so good can play better than main players, just because they are less stressed. We saw it in that match and can compare the result with first game. I would also substitute Manon Flier, but for whom?! Thanks to Debby, she played today for both, for herself and for Manon. 19 serves (more than anybody in the match) and Zero errors. Yeah, this is the way she is.

The bad "news". Next opponent is Zarechie. Can Amstelveen stop that dream team? Mission impossible. I think, only one of the Italian teams have a chance.

• Konrad, drinking for you too, don't be upset :drink: ;)

Nothing against. You can drink for me, cause I'm an abstinent, so I can't even sink my sorrow in alcohol :D
    That WAS NOT a great game ;)

The most important 3:

• I agree with you on that one, except that I think Volero can be in the final just as much as Novara... when they did friendly matches with Pesaro, they won one and lost one (3-2) and Pesaro beat Novara, so they are not so different...

PS: I hope that Amstelveen has chances against Odintsovo...
    PS2: It's sad that Eczacibasi is out... they were a great team!