Russia | Суперлига 2016/17

• The highlight of the Belgorod match was the debut of 16-year-old Pavel Tetyukhin on the starting lineup of Belogorie alongside his legendary father Sergey - a record six-time Olympian and four-time Olympic medallist.

• The highlight of the Belgorod match was the debut of 16-year-old Pavel Tetyukhin on the starting lineup of Belogorie alongside his legendary father Sergey - a record six-time Olympian and four-time Olympic medallist.

I'm surprised they didn't let his mom play alongside her baby boy.
    Belgorod had several starters unavailable (sick) and therefore opted for a soap opera instead of a competitive game. I have to say that the game wasn't critical and obviously they need to invent something very different for the ChL matches vs Kazan. There was a moment in the 2nd set when things started getting seemingly OK for Belgorod but they screwed themselves up by poor reception of several easy serves.

• Any news on the schedule for Playoff/final tournament?

As far as i see, nothing has been published yet.....

http://www.volleyservice.ru/in…=results_off&round_id=577

They should schedule play-offs for the remaining 4 spots for Final 6, first of all. Teams involved should be the ones on positions 3 to 10 from the regular season, whereas, as far as I know, Zenit and Dinamo qualified to the final tournament directly. I read somewhere that Moscow will host the Final 6.

• By far the most interesting game of the season so far: Zenit beat Lokomotiv Novosibirsk 19:17 on the tie-breaker. Novosibirsk had a match-ball.

I get disappointed when teams manage to put Zenit under pressure but fail to finish the job. It doesn't happen often for Zenit to appear off-guard and those chances should be utilized. What is even more impressive than the hard-fought result is that Lokomotiv did so without their main opposite Pavlov, Plamen Konstantinov's favourite. Bannov and Tarasov replaced him, Tarasov with more success. Is Pavlov alright? Now I am afraid that Zenit might not even drop a set in the remaining two matches.

• Wrong thread, no one cares about posting a schedule...... Whats up, guys? Anarchy? :hit:

Laola says, semis will be played on wednesday 15.30 / 18.00 CET. :wavy: :drink:

• I get disappointed when teams manage to put Zenit under pressure but fail to finish the job. It doesn't happen often for Zenit to appear off-guard and those chances should be utilized. What is even more impressive than the hard-fought result is that Lokomotiv did so without their main opposite Pavlov, Plamen Konstantinov's favourite. Bannov and Tarasov replaced him, Tarasov with more success. Is Pavlov alright? Now I am afraid that Zenit might not even drop a set in the remaining two matches.

Pavlov has pulled his abdomen muscle, can be out for the rest of the F6. Definitely, Zenit has given Novosibirsk a chance by coming to the game in a very relaxed state (which did happen before, I recall how they de facto lost the best of five series to Yaroslavich back in 2011.) I think that Konstantinov could have done better in set 3 to keep his team focused on the game but who knows, he may keep some secret tricks for the future?

Dinamo looked quite committed to the rivalry, based on their performance vs Belgorod. Bizarrely, they played a superb defensive game, with Antipkin-Kruglov duo in the starting line-up, something that was completely absent in their games vs Berlin and Zaksa. But what Dinamo played today vs Fakel prompts that Zenit may have an easy walk in the two remaining games - although today it was mostly with Grankin and Bakun. I have to give a credit to Fakel and Placi/Nikolov: they were almost there. Well, they should have been very much there - but that idiotic decision by the ref deprived them of a deservedly won set vs Belgorod. I think Nikolov should register as a player, just in case as Fakel needs an opp with a cold head sometimes :).

• Wrong thread, no one cares about posting a schedule...... Whats up, guys? Anarchy? :hit:

Entschuldigung - I suggest we leave this as is and formally justify the decision by saying that the F6 will define the configuration of the 2017/18 season. For that, I will brush my teeth tonight and wear shorts + socks and sandals to work tomorrow :).

• Entschuldigung - I suggest we leave this as is and formally justify the decision by saying that the F6 will define the configuration of the 2017/18 season. For that, I will brush my teeth tonight and wear shorts + socks and sandals to work tomorrow :).

I will do it! There we go:
    (Times are GMT +2)

Wednesday 10th May
    13:00 Surgut - Novyi Urengoy
    15:30 Zenit Kazan - Belogorie Belgorod
    18:00 Dinamo Moscow - Lokomotiv Novosibirsk

Thursday 11th May
    15:00 3rd place match
    18:45 final

• Entschuldigung - I suggest we leave this as is and formally justify the decision by saying that the F6 will define the configuration of the 2017/18 season.

For this time, it is OK. We have no formal authority here anyway. But I trust in our dear leader Yavor to bring this in ORDNUNG !

For that, I will brush my teeth tonight and wear shorts + socks and sandals to work tomorrow :).

Working on Djen Pobedy? Staying sober Exile must be tough.

Just don't forget your towel to mark your seat in the office bro.... :teach:

• Gazprom Ugra coach, Rafael Khabibulin called Konstantinov "gypsie horse thief" :rolll: :rolll: reason - signing Alexey Rodichev from Gazprom Ugra :aww: then general secretary of RVF said that Gazprom Ugra is parasite of Russia volley :rolll: :lol:

What a show in Moscow :box:

• Zenit is trashing Belgorod... :obey:

I don't think so. Did you notice some usual "unusual" choices for the starting line-up in Belgorod? The coaching brigade decided to recreate the success of the CL leg in Kazan and brought no opposite on the court, assuming that three OHs will cement the defense, just as it happened in that game in Kazan. Kosarev&Co made a topical sub though: instead of Podlesnykh (who is bound to leave the club for Kuzbass) they have chosen Taras Khtey (the son-in-law of Shipulin, the boss of Belogorie). The semi-disabled Khtey has been walking in his slow pace across the court for the first two sets, scoring effectively nothing and contributing nothing in defense too. It took a couple of lost sets for the Belgorod analysts to discover that something wasn't going well so they started sporadically making changes - which worked OKish up to the 14th point in the set 3. I can believe that a sheer clinical idiocy of a coach can turn a decent team into a bunch of decent clowns. What I can't believe is that someone is actually paying his money to support a show like that. I suggest to make Muserskiy play libero next time, and Obmochaev can go into the middle.