Russia | Суперлига 2016/17

• Zenit trashed Dynamo Moscow in three sets and won Supercup. Alekno said they aren't in the best shape so I'm wondering how they will look on 100% :whistle:

It would be really interesting if a club team shows, or is rather ready to show, 100% of their potential at the end of September :) I can only imagine how Dinamo must have performed :( And yet another slow start and a funny result for Belogorie. Do we have stats somewhere?

Edit: At least I found the stats of NOVA vs. Belogorie game here. Belogorie starts the season with the youngster Poroshin instead of Bagrey on the setter's position. It would be interesting to see more of him.

• Poletaev is proving himself like a points machine but big contribution is going to Pankov, as they know each other very well. He scored 112 pts in 4 matches :obey: Schwarzdoing big defensive job with Kerminen but they cant depend too long just on Poletaev. OH's are nothing special, MB's so-so..

• Lokomotiv Novosibirsk got the wild card for the Cup finals in Surgut (12-17 December). The other 5 teams are Zenit, Belogorie, Gazprom-Ugra, Dinamo Moscow, Fakel.

• Alexander Volkov (Gazprom-Ugra Surgut) played as an OH on Saturday in Moscow against Dinamo. He finished with 44% in attack :thumbup: The only question is why he wasn't targeted more from the service line.

• Does anyone know when the semis of the Russian cup will be played? Tomorrow or Friday?
    Very curious how Moscow will perform against Kazan. I see them as the only team in Russia, and the last remaining opponent for the Russian Championship, who could get Zenit a little bit in trouble.

• Does anyone know when the semis of the Russian cup will be played? Tomorrow or Friday?
    Very curious how Moscow will perform against Kazan. I see them as the only team in Russia, and the last remaining opponent for the Russian Championship, who could get Zenit a little bit in trouble.

Friday

• P.S. Dinamo is indeed solid No2 on the paper but very unclear what Novosibirsk and especially Belgorod will be capable of in the new year. At the moment, Belgorod is being seriously troubled by their annual issues like some new/absolutely new players and a novice coach. But those might be resolvable tasks. In theory, their squad suggests a decent competition with Kazan: the opposite(s) are capable of being more consistent, there is a balance in the middle and outside. Furthermore, I've heard a goss they're trying to recruit a stronger libero (Obmochaev).

• Really nice game between Zenit en Moscow this afternoon. Especially the second set! Big attacks from Leon and Bakun.
    Belogorie was very disappointing as far as I've seen. Saw a few minutes of the match (big points in the 1st set and 4th set) and Belogorie was choking on the deciding moments.

• Really nice game between Zenit en Moscow this afternoon. Especially the second set! Big attacks from Leon and Bakun.
    Belogorie was very disappointing as far as I've seen. Saw a few minutes of the match (big points in the 1st set and 4th set) and Belogorie was choking on the deciding moments.

Dinamo was a bit unlucky to lose set 2 - had only Berezhko not hit that transition ball straight into the block! Or had Biryukov not been a bit stupid in a couple of episodes. I would say, Dinamo could have made things far more difficult had they been able to serve a bit tougher. Bakun had a great game indeed.

The other game was actually equally close. Novosibirsk looks more of a team than Belgorod does - the latter keep shuffling players all the time but when their opp works well they look OK. Muserskiy looks fit and even serves in. On a separate note, Savin (No8 in Novosibirsk) had just a wow game: scored 25+ points at 60+% but also received half of the Belgorod serves surprisingly well.

Very curious what Novosibirsk can come up with against Kazan. Need to improve the reception quite a bit.

• Or had Biryukov not been a bit stupid in a couple of episodes.

:white:

I could only watch the end of second set but i was lucky to catch one of the most stupid actions i have ever witnessed in pro volleyball :teach:

I think it was 23:22 for dinamo, when Biryukov and his co-blocker had actually a nice block against Zeniths opposite. The ball was slowly going to fall down on zenith's side but then Biryukov decided to reach through under the net, almost touching the ball. The ball actually fell down on Zenith's side but the ref gave the point for Zenith. The reason was probably and rightfully "interference".

You need to see it, to believe how stupid this action was. Unluckily, there are no replays available on laola.tv.......