Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2016/17

• Münster - Stuttgart 0:3 (20, 18, 18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&2006.pdf
    MVP: Leonie Schwertmann / Michaela Mlejnkova

Very impressive game by Stuttgart despite playing pretty much without OPP, Aiyana Whitney didn't practise much during the week due to shoulder problems and Debbie Van Daelen had no impact either, but the OHs and MBs made up for it very well. Münster did a pretty poor job overall except for the beginning of 3rd set :S

• Münster - Stuttgart 0:3 (20, 18, 18 )
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&2006.pdf
    MVP: Leonie Schwertmann / Michaela Mlejnkova

Very impressive game by Stuttgart despite playing pretty much without OPP, Aiyana Whitney didn't practise much during the week due to shoulder problems and Debbie Van Daelen had no impact either, but the OHs and MBs made up for it very well. Münster did a pretty poor job overall except for the beginning of 3rd set :S

Due to Münsters coach Andi Vollmer Stuttgart was just to strong for them - Renata Sandor with 50% and Michaela Mlejnkovà with 56% attack efficiency were excellent and also our middles Pissinato and Grant did fine indeed. So we could even do without opposite ;) . By the way, Stuttgart was also superior in service.

• As expected by the looks of it, Eva Hodanova is now confirmed to be done for the season with torn ACL. Also Jocelynn Birks will be out for about 6 weeks with a knee injury, so Dresden is now down to two OHs (Schwabe and Strumilo) and one OPP (McMahon). They're urgently looking for at least one new player but so far they haven't been successful on the transfer market.

• I feel truly sorry for Hodanova, she actually showed up some positive process during the summer and now this just has happened :aww:

• I think no other club in the world has had so many players with knee injuries over the past few years like Dresden :white: Now Hodanova, Birks and also Courtois has knee problems, last season Schwabe, Schoot, Izquierdo, in the years before there have been Stephanie Kestner, Nicole Schröber, Frieda Thieme, Kerstin Tzscherlich who eventually all retired due to bad knees :S

Of course knee problems are common among volleyball players, but THAT many???

• Really bad luck for Dresden: now they have enough money again with new main sponsor as replacement for Telekom, but they have hardly the chance to make use of it regarding their roster: it can take months to find a fitting player, if they succeed at all. This looks like a very bad season for DSC already, I'm pretty sure, they will play the last time CL this season before not qualfying for next and the opponents in their group are by far too strong there (best club of the world of the last 5 years or so VakifBank ISTANBUL, now twice in a row world club champion Eczacibasi VitrA ISTANBUL and Uralochka NTMK EKATERINBURG, one of the last really strong Russian teams). I hope, they manage at least to get to the semis in the championship...

• Before DVV cup start: there are five "duels" between the professional first league clubs and the non-professionals of second league and I would be very surprised, if the favorites altogether lose a set at all (experience is against this). So three true fights remain:

In its hall Wolfsgrube (means wolves pitfall) the VfB (91) Suhl hosts the SC Potsdam, which is considered to be much stronger. Even with the home advantage Suhl will have a hard time to survive, I think.

USC Münster vs VC Wiesbaden is not that clear: it looks Wiesbaden is better in shape, but Münster is not that weak IMHO, as they looked against superior opponent Stuttgart at last.

Ladies in Black Aachen against Schwarz-Weiss Erfurt (SWE) is interesting in that regard, that in most cases such a rematch in short time ends vice versa than before, so let us wait, how this works out - a few days ago Erfurt did a surprise win there.

After end of this last match the draw for the quarters will be done immediately, setting up four first league duels...

• No real surprise in first round of DVV cup: Potsdam wins in four in Wolfsgrube Suhl, the close fight with noticeable home advantage of the last playoffs between Münster and Wiesbaden continued and the hosts won again in tie-break, and Ladies in Black in Aachen could revenge against Erfurt. The last match result is okay for both, I think: Aachen wanted to get further badly, while the league results are for Erfurt more important. By the way, no professional first league team lost any set to the second league teams as expected, and some close sets are due to resting the strongest players of the favorites of course.

• The draw for DVV cup is out: in all four quarter finals the guests are the favorites, interesting pairings anyway:

Dresden vs. Stuttgart
    Münster vs. Schwerin
    Aachen vs. Potsdam
    Köpenick vs. Vilsbiburg

Matches are scheduled for Wednesday, the 9. November.

• All results from 1st round:

Oythe - Dresden 0:3 (20:25 16:25 17:25)
    MVP: Kimika Rozier / Liz McMahon

Hamburg - Schwerin 0:3 (7:25 16:25 19:25)
    MVP: Lisa Schwarz / Louisa Lippmann

Offenburg - Köpenick 0:3 (17:25 25:27 24:26)
    MVP: Richarda Zorn / Sarah Wickstrom

Holz - Vilsbiburg 0:3 (21:25 17:25 15:25)
    MVP: Kelsey Chambers / Courtney Felinski

Straubing - Stuttgart 0:3 (16:25 24:26 21:25)
    MVP: Carina Aulenbrock / Wanna Buakaew

Suhl - Potsdam 1:3 (17:25 25:20 23:25 23:25)
    MVP: Laurianne Delabarre / Denise Imoudu

Münster - Wiesbaden 3:2 (21:25 18:25 25:14 25:19 15:11)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&8106.pdf
    MVP: Sina Fuchs / Tanja Großer

Aachen - Erfurt 3:1 (25:21 25:22 16:25 25:16)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2016-17/Women/&8107.pdf
    MVP: Kirsten Knip / Lisa Stock
    Fun fact: the referee noted in the scoresheet that after the match a player from Erfurt who got a yellow card during the match came to her and said "Are you bribed? Do you get money for this?" :lol:

DOL for QF:
    Münster - Schwerin
    Dresden - Stuttgart :white:
    Köpenick - Vilsbiburg
    Aachen - Potsdam

• In Hamburg was Lisa Schwarz (VTH) and Louisa Lippmann (SSC) MVP.

The second and third Set was ok. The first Set was a little bit to fast for our Girls. Some Girls played in the third Division last Year and now they played against Hanke,Lippman and Co but i Think they can learn from this Match. :thumbup:

• Schedule for the weekend:

28. Oktober 2016
    19:00 Stuttgart - Vilsbiburg

29. Oktober 2016
    18:00 Erfurt - VCO Berlin
    18:00 Suhl - Aachen
    19:00 Schwerin - Köpenick

30. Oktober 2016
    14:30 Münster - Dresden
    14:30 Potsdam - Wiesbaden
    14:30 Suhl - VCO Berlin

All matches live on http://www.vbl.tv, Potsdam-Wiesbaden as match of the week with TV production.

• Are there any news about MTV Stuttgart. :?:

After the SuperCup I read somewhere that they might have two more premium sponsors.

I can assure you, we will be glad in Stuttgart, if we get a contract with at least one of those two potential sponsors at all - sponsoring market here is still ruined by the feeble soccer club VfB Stuttgart :( . If I hear anything for example tomorrow before or after match against Rote Raben Vilsbiburg, I will report of course.

• There are two groups of especially interesting matches among them IMHO, i.e. where no clear-cut favorite exists:

Münster - Dresden (both have won the German championship since unity 5 times each, important match for title defenders Dresden)
    Potsdam - Wiesbaden (two contenders for the semis in the championship)

Suhl - Aachen should reveal some insights how these teams can perform

Have-to-win-matches, recommended with three points, for two contenders against vanishing from 1. League:

Erfurt - VCO
    Suhl - VCO

• Dresden with new media relation: DDV group is now officially joining the volleyball team, until now only some daughters like Dresdner Morgenpost (newspaper) were behind them:

http://www.dresdnersportclub.d…-mit-ddv-mediengruppe-ein

Considering the new name sponsor ENTIRETEC, which will be presented on Monday, it is as expected: next season they will have a bigger budget from the start, and they are threatening again all others in the league by economic superiority. It seems, that Schwerin currently can't grow any more, so it is likely, that sponsoring conditions in Stuttgart will be crucial, if Dresden can reign again like the last years, which seems impossible in the current season.