Brazilian League 2016/2017

• I wanted Osasco to win, but Rexona played the best. Yeah Jucyele does everything that a MB is supposed to do. Also Durssyla had another great game.

I don`t think is fair what Louziomar does. Malesevic was playing fine and then she gets blocked and he takes her out, Gabi did a amazing job on the back court but she did not bring much on the net and in the tie break she felt the pressure. Tandara is a beast attacking but her passing is not the best.

It was another Rio vs Osasco, but there`s nothing like a Rio vs Osasco game :heart: .

• So happy for Rexona and I so hope it's not the last time I see this team.

They're keeping the team under another major sponsor. Fabi and Jucy have already renewed, and I think most of the others will renew too... :win:

• I love Fabi, but she could give the chance for someone else. She already has played so much. I would say the same about Jucy, but she has been playing so awesome......

Rexona signed Vivian from Brasilian. And according to Bruno Voluch Carol is leaving.

• I love Fabi, but she could give the chance for someone else. She already has played so much. I would say the same about Jucy, but she has been playing so awesome......

This type of mentality makes absolutely zero sense though? It's not like she's taking work away from other people. This is her job, what makes her money. She's still fit and healthy enough to play, as well as willing to, so why should she quit? Not to mention she's still the best libero we have. Juciely too, I wouldn't even be mad if ZRG still calls her for the NT.

• Camila Brait is pregnant :) She wont compete at the CWC. Congrats for Camila and her husband!!

• Do we have statistic from the final match? I think Juciely numbers will look good. She was a beast that night! Practically unstoppable.

The stats are not complete, unfortunally, but here you have it: http://superliga.cbv.com.br/re…em_154.pdf?20170424211725

• Any other transfer news? so far we know Destinee Hooker is done with Superliga (I hope Fenerbahce will hire her - imagine Kim Yeonkung, Natalia, and Destinee playing together on a team!). Anne Buijs and Carol are leaving Rexona and Vivian from Brasilia is coming to replace Carol.

How about the Serbian girls from Osasco? Are they staying? Because they have been useless for the team so far which makes me think that coach of Osasco always has useless transfers.

Fe Garay and Suelen might be coming to Praia - replacing Klinman and the libero.

Is Jaque staying in Minas? And how about Mari and Paula? I am sure Brasilia will keep Paula but how about Mari?

Any other foreign player coming?

• Martinez signed with Bauru. Most of the foreigners sign closer to the beginning of the season.
    Serbian girls from Osasco are leaving, so is Tandara. She might go play abroad.
    Jaque is probably not staying in Minas and I think she will take another time off and come back to the Superleague later on the season...
    Mari is either going to a smaller league in another country or retiring. There is no place for her anymore. She should retire.

• I don't think Serbian girls were bad in Osasco.. Malesevic did a good job, nothing special, but pretty useful.. Bjelica surprised me positively.. I've spoken many times about her on this forum, but watching her last few seasons in Poland, I doubted she'll ever come in on the court.. However she had some spectacular matches, and in others did a good job..she's not the kind of player who can lead a team, she can give big support to other players.. But I agre Osasco can hire better alternatives

• I don't think Serbian girls were bad in Osasco.. Malesevic did a good job, nothing special, but pretty useful.. Bjelica surprised me positively.. I've spoken many times about her on this forum, but watching her last few seasons in Poland, I doubted she'll ever come in on the court.. However she had some spectacular matches, and in others did a good job..she's not the kind of player who can lead a team, she can give big support to other players.. But I agre Osasco can hire better alternatives

Osasco had less money this year, so signining with tthe Serbian girls was a nice solution. They did a nice job there. It was much better than previous years with Caterina/Sanja or Lise/Carcaces. This time Osasco did a great job during the season, had a perfect semifinals and was better than expected in the final match.
    If Tandara really leaves and with Dani and Brait taking a year off, they will surely have money to sign with better foreigners. I would go with an American OH, such as Robinson or Hill and an European opposite. The setter will probably be Macris fom Brasilia.

• Martinez signed with Bauru. Most of the foreigners sign closer to the beginning of the season.
    Serbian girls from Osasco are leaving, so is Tandara. She might go play abroad.
    Jaque is probably not staying in Minas and I think she will take another time off and come back to the Superleague later on the season...
    Mari is either going to a smaller league in another country or retiring. There is no place for her anymore. She should retire.

Bauru is slowly becoming Dominican Republic team LMAO Just wait until De La Cruz come.
    Wonder where Tandara will go tho. I don't think she will be good playing in Turkey or Italy. If she goes to China or Korea, then she might do well.
    I just hope this time Jaque will find a team without drama. She has been all about drama lately. If she is back in Osasco that will be good. Or go to Praia to play along side Fe Garay and Fabiana although I don't think the point system will allow it.
    Mari is done. I love her and she has always been my bias. But she is done. Too bad.

I don't think Serbian girls were bad in Osasco.. Malesevic did a good job, nothing special, but pretty useful.. Bjelica surprised me positively.. I've spoken many times about her on this forum, but watching her last few seasons in Poland, I doubted she'll ever come in on the court.. However she had some spectacular matches, and in others did a good job..she's not the kind of player who can lead a team, she can give big support to other players.. But I agre Osasco can hire better alternatives

I just don't understand why they would hire these foreign players that barely do anything in court. When you spent so much money on some particular players, you hope they will be able to perform great. But look at these Serbian ladies, they are performing average. Those money better be spent on some good local players. Rexona made the same mistake with Logan Tom and Anne Buijs.

I hope Sheila will return to Osasco although I think Ana Paula deserves her starting spot next season. Is there a chance that either Pavan or Mijailovic will return to Brazil? Those 2 were amazing back then.

Quoted from "USAvolleyfan"

I don't think Serbian girls were bad in Osasco.. Malesevic did a good job, nothing special, but pretty useful.. Bjelica surprised me positively.. I've spoken many times about her on this forum, but watching her last few seasons in Poland, I doubted she'll ever come in on the court.. However she had some spectacular matches, and in others did a good job..she's not the kind of player who can lead a team, she can give big support to other players.. But I agre Osasco can hire better alternatives
    Osasco had less money this year, so signining with tthe Serbian girls was a nice solution. They did a nice job there. It was much better than previous years with Caterina/Sanja or Lise/Carcaces. This time Osasco did a great job during the season, had a perfect semifinals and was better than expected in the final match.
    If Tandara really leaves and with Dani and Brait taking a year off, they will surely have money to sign with better foreigners. I would go with an American OH, such as Robinson or Hill and an European opposite. The setter will probably be Macris fom Brasilia.

I doubt Hill will come to Brazil as she has been playing in Turkey for a while now. Maybe they can scout some great talent from US varsity like that girl that is currently playing in Italy. They should hire stable receiving OH and a dominant OPP. Ortolani will be a good option.

• I wanted to post this questions but don't know where to ask it but here. With all the news about the Zika virus and the Olympics, does anyone know of any reports that athletes contracted the virus during their visit to Brazil?

• I wanted to post this questions but don't know where to ask it but here. With all the news about the Zika virus and the Olympics, does anyone know of any reports that athletes contracted the virus during their visit to Brazil?

No, there were no cases of the virus among people participating the Olympic Games as far as I know. To be honest, I think the press took everything a bit out of proportion, of course it was something to worrie, but it was not as bad as it seemed in international press I guess. The zika virus cases happen more often during summer here, december-febuary/march, not during the time the Olympics happened.