Turkish League 2016/2017

• Fenerbahce played a good match, they were ahead most of the time, also in the first set so it was a deserved win. When Kim is on fire, it is hard to stop her. Eczacibasi should work more on their reception and sincerely I'd put Ognjenovic as starting setter, using a spot for foreigners. Nilay played quite bad yesterday.
    Vakif is to me the favourite, anyway it will be interesting to watch the battle between the asian spikers :box:

• Fenerbahce played a good match, they were ahead most of the time, also in the first set so it was a deserved win. When Kim is on fire, it is hard to stop her. Eczacibasi should work more on their reception and sincerely I'd put Ognjenovic as starting setter, using a spot for foreigners. Nilay played quite bad yesterday.
    Vakif is to me the favourite, anyway it will be interesting to watch the battle between the asian spikers :box:

Unfortunately Nilay is the problem of the team for the 2 last seasons. It is obvious that teams failed to develop a new decent local setter in Turkey. Naz is giving a big advantage to Vakif, Gamze is enough for GS, Cansu Özbay is a good prospect but rest are not going any further. Yesterday we saw how Kosheleva started to play when Nilay went out and Ognjenovic came in. So I agree, Ogjenovic sure should play starter with Larson, third one I would use Kosheleva and put Boskovic in with double subsitution. It's a shame but there is no other option since Eczacibasi is not lacking only a good local defensive OH but also an offensive one, considering how Hande & Gözde Yilmaz are playing when given a chance. Eczacibasi should consider transferring Birgul Guler from Idmanocagi if they wanna rest Larson but I dont think such a transfer is possible now.

• Unfortunately Nilay is the problem of the team for the 2 last seasons. It is obvious that teams failed to develop a new decent local setter in Turkey. Naz is giving a big advantage to Vakif, Gamze is enough for GS, Cansu Özbay is a good prospect but rest are not going any further. Yesterday we saw how Kosheleva started to play when Nilay went out and Ognjenovic came in. So I agree, Ogjenovic sure should play starter with Larson, third one I would use Kosheleva and put Boskovic in with double subsitution. It's a shame but there is no other option since Eczacibasi is not lacking only a good local defensive OH but also an offensive one, considering how Hande & Gözde Yilmaz are playing when given a chance. Eczacibasi should consider transferring Birgul Guler from Idmanocagi if they wanna rest Larson but I dont think such a transfer is possible now.

But they need a foreign MB on the bench at least because I think they only have 2 local MBs

• So, Fenerbahce already did his Job... :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

• No surprise to see Fener play better once Tomkom comes on. Good match so far

• VakifBank is one team with Rasic on court and another without her today.

Fenerbahçe serving really well!

Hey guys, is Meliha injuried? I saw her outside court...is it serious?

• Wow! Fenerbahce proved I was wrong :) Great serves! It's not easy to make a receiving line like Vakif's to collapse. Guidetti was too late to sub Lönneke & Kubra out. Young setter Cansu has terrible choices, forcing too much to zone 4 while Kim Hill can hit smart from zone 2. Özgenur is not such a terrible attacker either. Gizem Örge should be out as well.

Now I expect a comeback from Vakifbank. It will be a surprise if Fenerbahce can keep pushing their serves for another set.

• So everybody said Vakif would win the league very easily this year and that Fener would have to fight very hard to be in the Top 4 finals...
    I love how so many predictions are wrong and you always have to wait to see the matches.

• I might be wrong but i think that VAkifbank was helped sometimes for the Referee

• wow FB swept VB!!! :cheesy:
    very good game tacticly :thumbup:
    Vb was out of rhythm
    even Zhu didnt play like Zhu .of course Fb's good game was a factor in that

all the players of fb were very useful and motivated

Zhu and Kim are two of the best players of the world but as we saw in this match experience is important ;)