Turkish League 2016/2017

• For those saying Brbolini is an awful coach I want to remind you his palmares:

5 Italian Championship
    6 Italian Cup
    1 Italian Supercup
    1 Italian League Cup
    3 Champions League
    1 FIVB Club Championship
    3 CEV Cup
    1 Top Teams Cup

2 Gold Medal European Championship
    4 Bronze Medal World Grand Prix
    2 Gold Medal World Cup
    1 Gold Medal Grand Championship Cup

If Barbolini is an awful coach, then he won all these titles by luck,right? Then,in comparison, Guidetti is a worse coach than him? :whistle: :whistle:

To not win anything in Turkye doesn't mean being an awful coach; I can of course notice that Eczacibasi is underperforming right now and struggling every match but it is not all Barbolini's fault.

• It's really unfair to compare the attacking ratio of Polen and Meryem since Polen only hits a few balls a match and Tomkom only tries her when reception is perfect while when I watched Seramiksan's match their setter mostly only sets to her when they have more problems in reception... Meryem has always been shining in smaller teams but lately (last 2 seasons) she really has a crazy form. She can easily kill balls against even good receiving teams like FB, VakifBank which she couldn't do as much. I don't see how she won't be invited for NT this season since she really was the best OPP so far for Turkey.

On the other hand I also don't know why people take Polen's place in NT for granted, I'm actually quite convinced that she will be out this season since her performance has been very far from good. Just look at FB's last match against Canakkale(she only played end of the set), whenever the ball was set to Polen you just knew that it 90% wouldn't turn into a point. I always liked Polen but she is a player that has to play in order to get better. In NT she became really good after there was more trust in her, but same is not happening in her club which is why she simply never gets better, she should leave FB next year for a team like Halkbank or something to get in a better form. But with what she showed us this season, there is no way she would even be invited when we have Meryem Boz, Seda etc...

And about Barbollini then we can at least say that he is a horrible coach in Turkey ;)

• All these happened before 2007, like 10 years ago the latest, except CL last season and super cup in Italy. He WAS a good coach obviously 10 years ago, but his last 10 years have been bad.

• All these happened before 2007, like 10 years ago the latest, except CL last season and super cup in Italy. He WAS a good coach obviously 10 years ago, but his last 10 years have been bad.

Ok, I respect your opinion but I do not agree.

• Ok, I respect your opinion but I do not agree.

Ok, I respect your opinion but I do not agree.

Micelli won CL with Bergamo, too. With that Italian NT, it wasn't so hard to achieve these things.
    I am not saying he is a bad coach just because he couldn't win anything in TL, i am saying it because in GS, Turkish NT and Eczacibasi, he doesn't seem convicing and his team doesnmt have spirit.

Plus, i want to remind you the drama in Italian NT. How some players were using him. In GS, he had relationship with his player(s?) and he was being used by some players too.

I am not judging His career, i am just saying what i see.

Yes, i watched his Despar Perigua and it was really good back then but it was a long while ago.

• Ok, I respect your opinion but I do not agree.

Thank you for being polite. I also need to add that I'm not only blaming Barbolini, I wrote many times in here that Eczacibasi should first fire Nalan Ural, the team manager. She is the responsible of this absurd transfer policy, wasting investments in a terrible way. Barbolini didnt volunteer to be the trainer of this team, he was picked up by her as well. I think Eczacibasi will never reach their goals as long as she stays.

• he won almost all that stuff like ages ago when italy and italian teams were top 3 in the world and even back then he had awsome players in the roster so it wasnt that hard to win stuff and i find it funny u comparing him to guidetti cuase he had it way harder with nt then barbolini i m actually surprised how well guidetti has done with nt he has couched cause none of the teams had top 5 players at any given position, only 1 time barbollini won something with average team was with pomi and only cuase all other teams underperformed and that is the fact i mean i hear he is a nice guy and all but his coaching skills are no where near of guidetti s that is my opinion thought and i do think they made a mistake of signing with him,i will never understand turkish clubs and their obssesion with italian coaches,there are some good chinese,american,serbian,russian,brasilian and japanese coaches out there

• I didn't watch the first set.. what line-up did Galatasaray start with?

Exact same line-up. Ruseva came in second time Asli was in front row. Guldeniz came in to serve/defend in backrow for Seda. Eczacibasi's receiving was terrible.

• Galatsaray is really a good team and I like that every player has an important role in the team. Just a complete team, opposite of Eczacibasi where no one really knows their role... Btw Gamze best Turkish setter by far :super:

• GS stopped playing after 1st set. Their serve tempo is incredibly terrible, only Leys & Asli can really make a damage from there. I mean, it shouldn't be that hard to ruin Eczaci's receiving line, especially watching 2 last Vakifbank matches right?

Too many basic errors and I couldnt imagine how short serves would be such hard to receive until I watched GS's receivers today.

Another major problem in GS is lack of block/defense harmony. Sometimes you see a perfect block and defender is just out of nowhere.

Ataman should actually take risk and tell Nadia & Jack to start jump serves because with their current serves, they create 0 danger to opponents. :down:

• Terrible decision by Ataman. Why Centoni when your team actually started playing great with Seda as OPP? Now you sacrifice one of your good receivers which means your setter will keep getting terrible receives. What a terrible decision! Could be a very different match with Leys-Guldeniz and Seda as OPP.

• Terrible decision by Ataman. Why Centoni when your team actually started playing great with Seda as OPP? Now you sacrifice one of your good receivers which means your setter will keep getting terrible receives. What a terrible decision! Could be a very different match with Leys-Guldeniz and Seda as OPP.

Well that's why I asked what their line-up was.. However they took the first set with Centoni as OPP, and I guess that's why he continued with the same line-up

• Well that's why I asked what their line-up was.. However they took the first set with Centoni as OPP, and I guess that's why he continued with the same line-up

Still a strange decision. Seda was shaky already in 1st set as receiver and Centoni's performance drops significantly in each set. It was even more weird that he sacrificed Leys, just to make Ruseva play while Asli was actually having a good match :whistle:

I agree on Beri, I like this team, their fighting soul and such but we couldn't watch any of these in 3-4th sets. This team receives better, defends excellent because there are two decent OHs, Leys and Guldeniz. If you remove one, then the entire receiving line and defence system collapse, very simple.

Gamze is excellent, I really like watching her game. Just give her good receivers and then she will leave everyone against single blocks :super:

• After watching this week's matches and checking stats, I am more worried about the NT choices.

Meryem Boz is having a terrible performance recently, only 4 kills but 7 errors in attacking :S Polen is shaky and very inconsistent. Ceren Kestirengöz is clearly out of options. This week's positive surprise is Dilara Bilge who replaced Lise Van Hecke and scored over 50% and got lots of sets. I hope she will remain at starting opposite for them since both Rousseux and Hecke are useless. Ataman used Seda as OH again, if I were Guidetti, I would talk to him and tell that NT will sure need a decent opposite and hopefully Seda will get more chances as opposite during the season. She looks like the most confident option.

As OHs, Fatma Yildirim has a significant decrease in her performance, she might no longer be a popular player of the transfer season, while Birgul Guler is playing like a monster and she did the same last week against Vakifbank despite her team losing 3-0. She had over 50% attacking, made aces and had decent receiving. I actually think Eczacibasi would benefit a lot of having her instead of Larson in Turkish league.

Among setters, there is a though competition between Naz, Gamze Alikaya and Cansu Özbay. Gamze played excellent 2 sets, like a world class setter against Eczacibasi but once receiving went bad, she started making errors. Remember that GS arrived to Istanbul 13 hours before the match against Eczacibasi, after the CEV cup match against Maribor.

Among MBs, Eda, Diclenur, Bahar are all doing well. I think I prefer Eda-Diclenur duo, then Bahar and Kubra as 4th MB.

Another questionable position is libero, Karadayi is out of alternatives. Merve & Melis make one proper libero only together. Gizem Örgen is far ahead all the rest.