Turkish League 2016/2017

• Unfortunately our best liberos are still Gülden (37) and Nihan (35). They are way better receiver than any other liberos in the league and their defense level is also still quite high despite of their age. It is a pity that both of them will retire after this season. That's why I am pretty sure that Gizem Karadayı will be back to Turkish league next season, either Eczacıbaşı or Galatasaray :whistle: Melis is doing fine, especially in a two libero system she could be useful. However, I expect her to play with U23 team instead of senior team.

I am also curious about the setters in NT. Guidetti repeated many times that she will only invite players who are starters in their team. Then it should be Naz, Gamze and Ezgi. Or will Guidetti invite Cansu although she only played very few matches. :whistle:

• serdar, I actually agree about Gulden & Nihan. I didnt mention them because I think they are both retired from the NT and I was scared to mention Nihan since she has been criticised here often :)

I think the reason Cansu Özbay started to play more often now is, Guidetti's words about NT. Now he can claim that Cansu at least played some matches, so he can have a reason. In my opinion, Gamze won't be a good match for the NT considering that we don't have players who can play in a fast tempo, except Gözde, Fatma Yildirim as OH and Eda as MB. Rest are quite slow.

As far as I know, this is not Polen's first season as starter. I think she played regularly in Nilufer before. But that was many years ago

• serdar, I actually agree about Gulden & Nihan. I didnt mention them because I think they are both retired from the NT and I was scared to mention Nihan since she has been criticised here often :)

I think the reason Cansu Özbay started to play more often now is, Guidetti's words about NT. Now he can claim that Cansu at least played some matches, so he can have a reason. In my opinion, Gamze won't be a good match for the NT considering that we don't have players who can play in a fast tempo, except Gözde, Fatma Yildirim as OH and Eda as MB. Rest are quite slow.

As far as I know, this is not Polen's first season as starter. I think she played regularly in Nilufer before. But that was many years ago

I was also one of those who criticized her a lot in the past but for last two season, her game is really matured, less mistakes and more confident at reception which was not her strength. What do you think about Derya from halkbank? Although she wasnt good at the match against FB and even made a crucial mistake in last point of the tie-break, she gave me a good impression in the other matches I watched her this season.

Dilara also does not play bad but she should still step up her game if she is considered to be the starter of Eczacibasi next year :whistle:

• I was also one of those who criticized her a lot in the past but for last two season, her game is really matured, less mistakes and more confident at reception which was not her strength. What do you think about Derya from halkbank? Although she wasnt good at the match against FB and even made a crucial mistake in last point of the tie-break, she gave me a good impression in the other matches I watched her this season.

Dilara also does not play bad but she should still step up her game if she is considered to be the starter of Eczacibasi next year :whistle:

Derya is doing good in my opinion too. I thought she did a good job against Fenerbahce as well and I was surprised when I saw the stats. Error in last point was more of Yeliz Basa's error who hit the ball out at 13-13 and loaded stress on her receivers. I remember Derya being a terrible libero when she was playing at GS and I thought she would be a disaster but playing in division 2 obviously boosted her confidence.

When you said Dilara, I thought you meant Dilara Bilge (opp), I was like wow! :D Eczaci should definitely transfer Karadayi next season, Dilara has nothing special to play in top teams. They could instead invest on a younger player during this season. I'm sure Nihan will continue playing if Ataman stays as the head coach. Both Bihter and Isil are not promising yet.

Yucekök tweeted recently that Transfer season already started for women's league. I wonder whose transfer he meant, Beyza Arici to Eczacibasi?

• http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-womens-championship.html

According to WorldofVolley, there might not be playoffs this year due to a possible clash with the CWCH. If this is true it is really bad to just change the rules of the TL halfway through the season. Also it would mean Vakif have already pretty much won the league

• Yeah they didn't play the Supercup. I think maybe because they didn't play the Turkish Cup last year, but not sure

EDIT: yeah, the Turkish Cup was cancelled last year due to Olympic qualifying tournament, so obviously the Supercup could not happen

• Yeah they didn't play the Supercup. I think maybe because they didn't play the Turkish Cup last year, but not sure

EDIT: yeah, the Turkish Cup was cancelled last year due to Olympic qualifying tournament, so obviously the Supercup could not happen

:drink:

• http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-womens-championship.html

According to WorldofVolley, there might not be playoffs this year due to a possible clash with the CWCH. If this is true it is really bad to just change the rules of the TL halfway through the season. Also it would mean Vakif have already pretty much won the league

That would be a disaster. Here TVF describes the playoff system this season, but yes, they didnt announce the schedule yet: http://www.tvf.org.tr/icerik/427/ (Efeler/Sultanlar Ligi Talimati)

The ranking in top 4 won't probably change even with playoffs though. Vakifbank seems like they will become the champions, Fenerbahce being 2nd and Eczacibasi being 3rd.

In my opinion, playoff 8 will be more interesting because both Eczacibasi and Galatasaray are being inconsistent, losing against surprising opponents. So I wont be surprised to see one of the Bursa BB, Canakkale or Halkbank eliminating Galatasaray or Eczacibasi from playoff 4. This is also important because it will determine which teams will play in european cups next season and I'm sure most 5-8 teams made their plans according to playoffs happening.

In fact, I'm expecting a good match between Eczacibasi and Seramiksan (ranked 9 in division now) which Eczacibasi lost the first match 3-2, although Seramiksan didnt have Krsmanovic back then.

• Btw 25 April - 7 May period looks good enough to have the playoffs. So teams will have a week of preparation for the World Club Championship.

Remember that champions league F4 is 22-23 April

• Yes, those teams would have a realistic chance of making the CEV Cup or even the CL with a little bit of luck so it would be really unfair IMO

I also agree that Vakifbank will probably be the champions anyway but these matches in the playoffs can come down to who does better in the biggest moments and both Fenerbahce and Eczacibasi have beaten them already this season so it could happen

I really hope they make the playoffs happen

• i was on a holiday and missed the matches of 18th week :D

The Results of the 18th Week :

Idman Ocağı - Vakıfbank : 0-3 stats
    Eczacıbaşı - Galatasaray : 3-1 stats
    i expected better from GS. good game by Tijana
    Sarıyer B. - Nilüfer B. : 3-0 stats
    it must take Sarıyer a long time getting (a clear) win in TL like this
    Fenerbahçe - Halkbank : 3-2 stats
    good fight by Halkbank.good game by Grigoreva .Abondanza had to take KYK on the court after the fourth set
    Beşiktaş - Seramiksan : 3-1 stats
    i didnt expect Beşiktaş's getting a 3 point-win against an improving Seramiksan.a crucial win by Beşiktaş in terms of ranking.good game by Dilara Bilge
    Çanakkale B: - Bursa BB. : 0-3 stats
    i absolutely expected much more from Çanakkale at home.Only Mia tried to fight.Bursa was more balanced in taking more contribution from many players of its

Standings :

Standings :
    1.Vakıfbank 55,08 points (18-0)
    2.Fenerbahçe 44,36 (15-3)
    3.Eczacıbaşı 43,87 (13-5)
    4.Galatasaray 37,2 (12-6)
    5.Bursa BB. 32,08 (10-8 )
    6.Çanakkale B. 28,87 (9-9 )
    7.Halkbank 26,05 (8-10 )
    8.Beşiktaş 22,72 (8-10 )
    9.Seramiksan 15,87 (6-12 )
    10.Idman Ocağı 12,45 (4-14)
    11.Sarıyer B. 12,3 (4-14)
    12.Nilüfer B. 8,71 (1-17)

• The Schedule of 19th Week :
    Galatasaray - Idman Ocağı
    Halkbank - Çanakkale B.
    Bursa BB. - Sarıyer B.
    Vakıfbank - Fenerbahçe NTV SPOR at 15:00 (CET)

Seramiksan - Eczacıbaşı Vitra NTV SPOR at 11:00 (CET)
    Nilüfer B. - Beşiktaş NTV SPOR at 13:30 (CET)

i wish NTV Spor was going to broadcast Halkbank - Çanakkale B.
    big match of the week Vakıfbank - Fenerbahçe. Vakıf's perf is rising ,to the contrary, Fener's is going down in recent weeks.i expect a win by VB..but this is a big match and every result is possible
    lets see if Nilüfer will get its second win in TL against Beşiktaş or not ?

• Any information about Thaisa's injury? I thought she will miss just a few matches but it has been quite more. She just played the CL match against VakifBank because they needed her, but after that the match against Dresdner she missed it. She didn't travel to Izmir for tomorrows match against Seramiksan as well, so is it serious or not?

• Eda Erdem is such a legend, she's still not just the best MB of Turkey but IMO also one of the best in the world... I mean I have not seen somone who can even block Zhu Ting so effectively :obey:

Edit: Since when did Dicle Nur Babat become so good as an MB, I thought we already decided she was a lost cause xD :white: