Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Oh ok I did not know that...but if they were streaming they would be streaming the soccer already. But I just went on youtube and Mexico vs Germany are playing and there`s a couple of channels streaming...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On the other hand...why Terzic does not want to get at 7am and go practice at 9???? Serbia plays the last 2 matches vs Ned and China at 9.30am, plus one semi-final is at 9.30am and the Bronze Medal....If they go to bed at 10 and wake up at 7...that is 9 hours of sleep... Maybe he is just letting his players party all night and do whatever they want?!?!... I get up everyday at 5am....getting up at 7? I call that sleeping in. :win:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I found this article interesting.

The IOC now takes a gargantuan share of television revenue. Whereas the committee collected just 4 percent of TV proceeds from 1960 to 1980, its share of the 2012 games stood at more than 70 percent. In London, that meant that the IOC pocketed $1.18 billion from NBC, and another $1.3 billion from non-U.S. broadcasters.
    It’s safe to say the relationship goes both ways: NBC has been lobbying the IOC to have American athletes march toward the end of the opening ceremony procession. Tradition holds that nations appear in alphabetical order according to the host country’s language, so the United States would be “Estados Unidos” in Brazil, sending the national team out into the Maracanã early.[b] Will the IOC bend the rules in honor of its very own cash cow?

NBC has signed a $12-billion deal to keep the privilege through the 2032 Games—the IOC’s biggest contract.

That also means...even if the Americans dope...that is something we will never know, if they had to ban the US from the games they would be loosing more than 50% of that money.
    NBC wants to have the US coming at the end, because that keeps the americans watching the ceremony until to the end, which means better ratings for them....but if they think they can break that rule..I wonder what other rules the IOC let them let away with. :obey: :obey:

https://theringer.com/nbcs-oly…rd-81efc2dd349#.c7dewv6kn

• Here in the states, NBC has only in the last 3 games (Winter and Summer) started to stream matches. Also, they have agreements with the FIVB, so some of the beach and indoor matches are not available on the FIVB youtube page. So, you have to be a cable subscriber, because Comcast is a cable provider and they own NBC.

I traveled to Rio once 10 year ago, and the traffic is really bad. I did take the subway once, luckily only going in one direction south from central Rio. The USA teams chose a place to stay closer to their practice sites because they would be stuck in traffic otherwise for 2 hours each way. For the Volleyball broadcasters I hope they brought sleeping bags because it may be easier to stay at the venue!

• @rbdfabio Thanks for the links mate. :thumbsup: Yes it is all about the money in the end. IOC used to struggle with financial problems in the 1970s and then revamped their financial strategies. I wonder what host cities get in return financially. Here's to RIO 2016...i wish Brazil all the best.

USA will never be caught for cheating because unlike Russia they are WADA sponsored and not just state sponsored. Same goes for UK. But little Orwellian sheep will keep believing that only Russia is bad. But kudos to the US athletes and coaches so far because they have been more supportive of the Russians than my own hypocritical UK ones.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/ca…n-your-kitchen-1469457168

Anyway back on livestreaming, I have used this before and they seem to have the scheduled matches.
    http://www.batmanstream.com/vo…reaming-video-2016-5.html

• well, I don't see any big deal the USA coming out at the very end of show...would it affect anyone in particular??? no right ???!!! plus....at this point , if Russians got away with the doping scandal, whats the problem with americans changing the whole parade order? 8)

What I was saying is...NBC (american tv network) pays so much money for the IOC for Tv Rights ( if you wanna believe the money is only for TV Rights) that we can say basically with all that money NBC is running the IOC....as i said if Americans are doping the IOC protects them...

NBC can pay 12billion to IOC...but they need the sponsoors to make that money....and both need millions of viwers everynight watching the games and (around 30 million people watch the OG on NBC every night ) but
    americans will keep watching the OG only if the americans are winning a lot of medals every single night...otherwise they will loose interest and watch something else...which means NBC needs the americans winning...and what is the easiest way to win?? Dope.

• It's even worse: if you have enough money, you can buy those expensive high end doping substances, which nobody can detect currently at all. The only measure is what was already taken: store the extractions for a long time and retest later, when advances were made in detection. But this won't capture those new to the Olympics. There is no safe way to get sorted out the bad from the clean... and yes, WADA is too much influenced by primarily NATO countries in general and especially USA. This doesn't make for a neutral stance. For example Jamaica may be protected by them for some reason too? That the athletics world federation was total corrupt, was revealed, when Russia got whistleblowed, but it remains unknown so far, how many national federations did essentially the same.

unlike Russia they are WADA sponsored

What are you talking about? Russia sponsor to WADA more then any other european country, also less then USA.

Ukranian sport minister want that all russian team was banned. Interesting why, haha.

And wonder why you, guys, preffer women voolley to men's. You don't think that it's much more boring to see just throwing ball from back and forth instead of powerfull spikes? And special pleasure to see aces from full stong services. Like have said Sivodgeles, the difference is like Formula 1 and F3. Also don't understand peoples who watch women's soccer, hockey and especially rugby and boxing. It's something like men's gymnastics or synchronized swimming

• I personally prefer Women's volleyball to Men's. Men are more powerful and are faster which lead to very short game rallies. I like watching longer rallies. And there is a certain grace in women's movements which is fascinating.

• What are you talking about? Russia sponsor to WADA more then any other european country, also less then USA.

Ukranian sport minister want that all russian team was banned. Interesting why, haha.

And wonder why you, guys, preffer women voolley to men's. You don't think that it's much more boring to see just throwing ball from back and forth instead of powerfull spikes? And special pleasure to see aces from full stong services. Like have said Sivodgeles, the difference is like Formula 1 and F3. Also don't understand peoples who watch women's soccer, hockey and especially rugby and boxing. It's something like men's gymnastics or synchronized swimming

If I am not mistaken there is a thread explaining why women's volleyball is more popular on this forum.. Personally I follow women's volleyball and watch some big important men's matches and competitions.. First of all what Sivozhelez said it's offensive towards ALL women volleyball players.. comparing Formula 1 and 3? What does that mean? That women play lower level volleyball? Women train as hard as men, they make the same sacrifices as men, they devote to the sport as men.. they even get paid less in some sports only because they are women, like the price for FIVB World league winner - 1M $ and FIVB World Grand Prix winner - 200.000 $. Tennis player Djokovic had a thing to say about this saying men's tennis players should be paid more because they attract more viewers.. Then Serena Williams responded in a really interesting way: "Novak is entitled to his opinion but if he has a daughter – I think he has a son right now – he should talk to her and tell her how his son deserves more money because he is a boy," I personally like women's volleyball more, and let me explain why.. Women are generally not so strong physically as men, so they have to find ways to put the ball down other than hitting over the block (some like Kosheleva, Calderon, Hooker can do that too) That gives us more variety in the play, such as combination plays, slides, tips, roll shots and etc.. Also rallies are much longer which brings excitement to the crowd.. Men's volleyball is all about power, and not so rare we see 4-5 service mistakes in a row, or aces one after another.. Usually the top level male players are technically great, but because of the fact that in men's volleyball power is the most important thing it's not so strange to see a player who is only a great hitter but can never pass a free ball, or set the ball, or even serve.. Maybe we don't see that in world's elite teams such as USA, Brazil, Russia, but I have seen in for example in Ukraine's NT.. The MB couldn't serve and was jumping and kind of 'tipping' the ball so it came to the other side.. that's a shame.. And coaches do that to the players, when they are at a very young age, the see some tall player, and only teach then attack and block.. that's it.. In women's volleyball that is seen rarely.. although there are players known for their height and power, such as Diuoif, the most of them can do any volleyball element..

However everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect his, but one can never disrespect women's volleyball in such a way

• im excited about to watch olympic volleyball in rio..hopefully we can watch high level and injury-free matches..
    good luck to all the teams!
    if brazil finds its rhythm then they can be the fav but on the other hand it wont be easy for brazil to win third consecutive title in OG...this could be a mental obstacle for the players
    brazil-usa-china-serbia
    russia is question mark with kosheleva

• Let me see if I understood correctly ... So you are saying that the USA also has a state doping program , but since they are one of the biggest wada supporters it will never be catched out?
    Please , give me a break , and don't be ridiculous...

Wow you are really slow in reading and comprehension. Read Carl Lewis's own admission that he and hundreds of US athletes were allowed to compete despite US authorities knowing that they were doped. Ignoring such a problem on such a scale is equivalent to this Russian problem. Were they investigated like Russia? No. Selective investigation was done. Of course only Russia will be caught because only Russia was investigated.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sp…anmackay?CMP=share_btn_fb

Anyway, Russian athletes for the past 1 year were tested by UKAD and all the volleyball players are clean so they are clean...that alleged state sponsored doping system has been dead for 1 year at least so why question their "cleanness" unless you distrust UKAD.

• On a lighter note, has anyone seen the mug shots of the players on the Rio website. Poor girls and guys...most look like the walking dead :lol:

And I refuse to believe their biostats...no way is Kosheleva 8kg/17lbs lighter than Goncharova. :mad:

Tennis player Djokovic had a thing to say about this saying men's tennis players should be paid more because they attract more viewers

Gile Simon have said that too and i agree with it. Imagine 2 cars with different horse powers. One should consume more petrol then other (usually men eat more then women). And in Grand Slam Tournaments men plays more sets then women. More work and should get the same?

• If I am not mistaken there is a thread explaining why women's volleyball is more popular on this forum.. Personally I follow women's volleyball and watch some big important men's matches and competitions.. First of all what Sivozhelez said it's offensive towards ALL women volleyball players.. comparing Formula 1 and 3? What does that mean? That women play lower level volleyball? Women train as hard as men, they make the same sacrifices as men, they devote to the sport as men.. they even get paid less in some sports only because they are women, like the price for FIVB World league winner - 1M $ and FIVB World Grand Prix winner - 200.000 $. Tennis player Djokovic had a thing to say about this saying men's tennis players should be paid more because they attract more viewers.. Then Serena Williams responded in a really interesting way: "Novak is entitled to his opinion but if he has a daughter – I think he has a son right now – he should talk to her and tell her how his son deserves more money because he is a boy," I personally like women's volleyball more, and let me explain why.. Women are generally not so strong physically as men, so they have to find ways to put the ball down other than hitting over the block (some like Kosheleva, Calderon, Hooker can do that too) That gives us more variety in the play, such as combination plays, slides, tips, roll shots and etc.. Also rallies are much longer which brings excitement to the crowd.. Men's volleyball is all about power, and not so rare we see 4-5 service mistakes in a row, or aces one after another.. Usually the top level male players are technically great, but because of the fact that in men's volleyball power is the most important thing it's not so strange to see a player who is only a great hitter but can never pass a free ball, or set the ball, or even serve.. Maybe we don't see that in world's elite teams such as USA, Brazil, Russia, but I have seen in for example in Ukraine's NT.. The MB couldn't serve and was jumping and kind of 'tipping' the ball so it came to the other side.. that's a shame.. And coaches do that to the players, when they are at a very young age, the see some tall player, and only teach then attack and block.. that's it.. In women's volleyball that is seen rarely.. although there are players known for their height and power, such as Diuoif, the most of them can do any volleyball element..

However everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect his, but one can never disrespect women's volleyball in such a way

I fully agree you - and I can remember vividly discussions at the FIVB level, to make volleyball more interesting regarding play. And that was aiming largely on high-end men's volleyball, because this is too short, to much determined by brute force and often tends to be boring, sadly the more, the stronger the teams are.

So one could even revert it: top professional women's volleyball is much more running the way this sports was meant to be as at comparable men's level is nowaday "played" (more non-played and just hit hardly, to make it rather clear).