Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• you complained a lot about people here not giving your team enough credit.
    well, let's just say majority are right most of time.

And now you will be considered as a racist and hater of Brazil :rolleyes:

• Damm I wanted China to win , but I cried when Brazil lost. ;(

Very strange but I heartedly share the same feeling as yours... after the match is over, seeing on how the tears down on the BRA players, and more over, the very sad face and speechless moment of their legendary coach, Ze Roberto, I feel the very pain of their loss...

Damned, how I wish the two team just play in the FINALS, not so early as in the QFs. Reality is a b*tch

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Well China must have been pacing themselves..what do you think was the key to their win? Now the next big match up will be Serbia-USA. And that's a tough one. USA just has been making to many errors and close games. Well the BraIlian beach team just beat Walsh and Ross in beach volleyball is that any consolation

• What a match! Really, what a match! We could never say Brazil doesnt give us so many dramatic and gutsy matches. This could have been a gold medal match, as well as the Brazil x Russia 4 years ago.

Congratulations China and Lang Ping. Outstanding performance by her.

• Im brazilian but I dont live there, last time I was there was 10 years ago. I just wanted Brazil to loose because they alreday have 2 golds, Im all about the dark horses.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

For me going into the semis, there`s no favorite, the match today just showed that. Any of the 4 teams can win, its all about how they play that day. And there`s more presure and and things are different at the semis and finals, which means anything can happen. When Brazil were still in the game they were carrying all the presure to win, now that presure is divided in 4 and goes to China,Ned,Usa and Serbia...

May the best team win... :box:

• aren't you brazilian? and you wanted BRA to lose?

about tears, i remember how inconsolable hui and wei were in London after losing to JPN. such is fortune (like carmina burana says), it goes up today, it goes down tomorrow.

Well, just in case you directed the question above to me, the answer is simply no, and I'm living in the largest continent whereas the sunshine is in abundance :-)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." ~ Confucius, a Chinese social philosopher (551 BCE – 479 BCE)

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• And Its the end of a cycle for Brazil, a cycle very hard to be replaced in near future. Sheilla and Fabiana already announced their retirement from National Team.

Thaisa, Jaqueline, Dani Lins and Fabíola may also go the same way.

• congrats to China. I was disappointed that Brazil lost since I've always been rooting for them. It would have been nice if they were able to fight for their title.

anyway, I did expect very tough pool B opponents. Since the 90's, OG winners are all from "pool of death".

Still.... Brazil..... :( ;(

• Paul Sunderland and Kevin Barnet said the winner USA vs Serbia will win gold. USA should be the favorite because of its history, but Serbia has more weapons to score and with Boskovic and Mihajolovic they have more "arm" than anybody else.

• i think this is not only a pool bottom team with splended comback through in QF, just as Brazil did four years ago in London.
    it was far more than that.

who can tell me the last time when Brazil missed the final four in OG tournament.
    i think it might be in Barcelona 1992. that was 24 years ago...it is too sad to see brazil made it and it will be an overwhelming load for the whole team.

moreover, who can tell the last time when top four teams from one pool defeated all top four from the other pool in OG tournament?

i may not be the tallest,
    the fastest, or the strongest,
    but at least i can do one thing better than anyone else,
    to be me...