Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• The village is not in perfect conditions as everyone knows,

It is in horibble condition. Not only Polish athlets complain about that. There are even problems with water and toilets. It looks like we are going to have the worst Olympic Games of XXI century.

• If it's not the best, then it's definetly not worst than McDonald's...
    And let's talk about optimism, right? "The worst Oympic Games" :down: :down:

• I see it in two different ways. First, compared to London, everything looks worse, it's just owing to the fact that London was a splendid host in terms of security, cleanness, residence and actually almost everything. Second, medias exaggerate as much as they could, there for sure are many problems but they don't have to write the same stuff every day. It's not entertaining, it just makes the Olympic Games much less interesting. However, I wouldn't blame the athletics because it's always nice to be safe.

Today A Swedish athletic said that the bus they were waiting for hadn't come and finally came 30 minutes later and the driver didn't know where the gymnasium is. I hope she was also exaggerating because these sort of things should never happen...

• The Olympic Village had problems but they are all being solved as fast as possible. Little problems every big event has....of course you cant expect Rio to be the same as London, for the simple fact we are not...its different stages, yes, we are poorer, we are still developing, we are coming from major crises, but still we made our best to try to go on with the Olympics. So with that said...Its not the worse as well... maybe you could go and see the review from athletes themself in instagram (just check the photos from "Vila dos Atletas", "Villa Olimpica" or "Olympic Park" there, and you will see there are a LOT great things as well....

Its really easy to complain and point fingers from away...sitting in your desk. Plus, of course, the only thing that journalists thinks that give clicks are complaining negative posts.

People often forget that millions of people actually live in Rio and some media posts are just disrespectfull. Yes, there are problems here, but no, its not impossible to have a good Olympic here if people are willing to. We just need to resize and to adapt to the city reallity. I dont see anyone discussing how much IOC demand from a city that host the Games and gives no help back for example. I think its IOC job to take sports, even elite ones, everywhere in the World. If we are not willing to resize the Games, we will forever have only the rich countries doing it...and that is not what Olympic Games should be about.

• It is no doubt the worst Olympics ever. Numerous athletes have complained. Some had to fix the toilets and bathrooms themselves. Kim just complained that the food was too salty, and their bus was also late. So now Korea has their own "kitchen", providing food for Korean athletes.

• Looks like the Italian player that was caught on anti doping test is Orsi Toth from beach volleyball.

• I think no one can beat Kerri, unfortunately for me :whistle:

• Would be some true poetic justice for her partner Menegatti, if anyone is familiar with what happened to the duo Cicolari-Menegatti

What happened?
    Btw, the doping has been confirmed and Orsi Thoti is suspended from the OGs.

• What happened?
    Btw, the doping has been confirmed and Orsi Thoti is suspended from the OGs.

Cicolari had a discussion with the headcoach of Italian beachvolley, got kicked out and was basically mobbed away from the sport. Menegatti got a new partner at lightspeed and to this day she acts like Cicolari never existed.

• Becky Perry will replace Viktoria Orsi Toth in Rio and play in couple with Menegatti.

• Becky Perry will replace Viktoria Orsi Toth in Rio and play in couple with Menegatti.

WOW! -- thanks for the update. I don't think I've ever seen Perry play... Is anyone more familiar with her? It looks like she hasn't played beach volleyball for too long, and thus doesn't really have much of a competitive record. Is that right?

This seems kind of big-- I thought the duo would make it to the quarter finals. Now the door is much more open for the Canadians.

• WOW! -- thanks for the update. I don't think I've ever seen Perry play... Is anyone more familiar with her? It looks like she hasn't played beach volleyball for too long, and thus doesn't really have much of a competitive record. Is that right?

This seems kind of big-- I thought the duo would make it to the quarter finals. Now the door is much more open for the Canadians.

Indeed Rebecca "Becky" Perry played the last years for several volleyball teams like Dresdner SC in the Bundesliga (VBL) and Unendo Yamamay Busto Arsizio (Italian A1), and went only this very season to the beach (regularly). She played even with Giombini - but in vain - for another Italian pair for the Olympics in the Continental Cup.

• Well I dont think the Olympics should have been held in Rio mostly because of the violence. But Rio should spend much less money than all the Olympics before, what London spent to built 1 arena, Rio built 20 arenas with the same amount. And remember that Volleyball Arena "Earls Court" was even already demolished.

Rio`s budget for the opening ceremony is only 10% of the London`s budget.

But all these problems shows how things in Brazil are...people are just lazy and just dont have respect for anything, and dont get anything done....only thing that people cares for in that country is Soccer.

I read that even toilets were stolen form the Village, and they just found that out days before the athletes were moving in...

But THANK GOD the games are in Brazil this time...No place in Europe and even Asia would be safe enough with all the terrorism.....And people in Brazil don't even care that much for the Olympics, or not even 1% as much they like the World Cup. Back in 2012 not even the main channel in Brazil GLOBO broadcast the games, and the channel who did, had really bad ratings. That`s why many Brazilians are angry they are hosting the OG, spending money on something they dont even care that much about..

Only thing that we should be worried are terrorism at this point...... :|

• Oh my God, I don't think I have ever read so much stupidity in one single post :lol: :lol:

• well u r from Brazil and lives in Brazil so of course u will say the OG in Brazil are great and everything is fine and dont wanna hear the true...

By the way, Im glad they internet at your Favela.... :wavy: :wavy:

• Maybe you should inform yourself better first. ;)

• I'm in the US and I was listening to the national news. I believe it was Jordon Larson on the radio speaking how good things were going for the USA Volleyball team and that they have had no problems and things were good in the Olympic Village.