Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• I was thinking about the exact same thing, but Munich was in 1972 :sos:

haha you're right my bad...getting dementia before i'm even 30 :sos: 1976 was Comaneci's enthralling performances :flower:

I second the livestream question...i hope there is a livestream with or without commentary.

• Will there be streams of all matches on Youtube like 4 years ago? I haven't found anything yet neither on FIVB channel nor on Olympic channel...

You can try Brazilian channel Sportv. They will have 16 channels fully broadcasting the Olympics, and indoor volleyball matches will be on Sportv 5.

• Great news for dutch supporters including me :D

Quinta Steenbergen is most likely going to participate in the Olympic Games.
    http://m.telegraaf.nl/telesport/rio-2016…gen-tijdig-fit’

Guidetti says he knows how hard she's been working to be in shape and how much she wants to be in the team, so he will take the risk since her injury should take 4 weeks to be healed. Speaking of which, it's for sure going to be painful for Koolhaas :( Someone should be cut anyway...

S : Dijkema (1990, 184cm) Stoltenborg (1991, 190cm)
    OPP : Slöetjes (1990, 192cm)
    OH : Balkestein (1988, 180cm) Schoot (1988, 184cm) Pietersen (1989, 188cm) Buijs (1991, 191cm) Plak (1995, 190cm)
    MB : Steenbergen (1985, 189cm) De Kruijf (1991, 191cm) Bëlien (1993, 188cm)
    L : Pilon-Stam (1984, 184cm)

• I think it's worth taking the risk. As long as De Kruijf and Belien are healthy Steenbergen won't have to play anyway, and in emergency Pietersen could help as MB as well I think...It's Steenbergen's last opportunity for OG, and Koolhaas knew that she rejoined the team just to be on the safe side.

• Absolutely agree. That's the thing I like about Pietersen. She wouldn't mind what position she plays, just anywhere her coach wants her to play. I wonder if she could also play as setter just like Caro Wensink back then :D Considering her level is nowhere close to Lonneke's, I presume she would be playing as OH in stead of Balkestein or Buijs which I'm worried about. Every time she replaces (mostly Anne or Maret) and gets put in the reception line, the outcome is not so great. In order to see her best, she should be starter however I don't think that will happen. She's still a great sub though.

Steenbergen said she would retire after the big event, so it's going to be a farewell (sort of) tournament for her and I'm happy she's about to make her dream come true ;)

• You can try Brazilian channel Sportv. They will have 16 channels fully broadcasting the Olympics, and indoor volleyball matches will be on Sportv 5.

In the past during club season, I tried watching volleyball on Sportv and never had any luck. I couldn't read Portuguese so maybe that was the problem :D If anyone could help us find channels or websites from another country please help. I will just get stuck watching USA play

• You live in the US...don`t you have cable? because NBC will stream online every single event of the Olympics just like they did in 2012...and the stream is GREAT, just like watching TV... but you need to have cable.

Plus they will have volleyball on TV also..but of course, they wont show live, they will show USA vs Puerto Rico with a 3 hour delay, plus they never show the whole match. So is better to watch live online on their website.

FIVB and youtube cant broadcast the games...all the TVs pays millions to have the rights...but Im sure some people will be uploading them on youtube.

But here`s the link to watch from the SPORTV from Brazil..it works fine for me, I always watch the Superliga from this link, right now SPORT is showing Womens Soccer, and the stream is good.

( you just need to close the ads that is in the middle of the scream, click only on the small X...sometimes u need to click a few times to close..)

http://aovivoagora.com/sportv-hd-ao-vivo/

http://aovivonatv.com/assistir…-ao-vivo-24-horas-gratis/

and this link also is in Turkishi, when you open a window pop up but then just click OK...it streams a lot of sports including volleyball, you can even watch Turkey,German,Italian leagues....and right they are streaming US vs New Zeland women`s soccer which probably means they will have all the OG..

http://videostream.dn.ua/video…WR1cA%E2%84%96f%E2%84%96f

• The worst host cities of the Summer Olympic Games.
    http://www.si.com/olympics/201…olympic-games-host-cities

1904 St. Louis Olympics
    1936 Berlin Olympics
    1968 Mexico City Olympics
    1976 Montreal Olympics; 2004 Athens Olympics
    1996 Atlanta Olympics (Weather, of course, was the least of Atlanta’s troubles. Poor transportation planning left Olympic spectators on buses for hours as out-of-town drivers tried to navigate their way around Atlanta’s always-challenging highway system. Midway through the Games a bomb set by domestic terrorist Eric Rudolph exploded in Centennial Olympic Park, killing two people and wounding more than 100.)

plus remenber in Sydney when they had the women`s vault in gymnastic set on the wrong height causing falls and injuries.

• Russia 3x1 Serbia
    25-16 23-25 25-18 25-23

• Awesome. Thanks for taking the time.

• Russia 3-1 Serbia (25-16 23-25 25-18 25-23)

Russia : Shcherban 6, Zaryazhko 5, Malygina 4, Goncharova 16, Vetrova 1, Pankova 1, Voronkova 4, Fetisova 8, Kosheleva 12, Samoylenko 4, Ezhova (L)
    Serbia : Brakocevic 9, Malesevic 3, Mihajlovic 17, Ognjenovic 1, Veljkovic 7, Nikolic 2, Stevanovic 2, Rasic 8, Boskovic 17, Popovic (L)

• New uptade on beach volley drama; Becky Perry can't participate because of minimum tournament played rule so Laura Giombini will take Victoria Tort's place.
    Greta Cicolari has started an online petition for her olympic entry. From what I read , she was so disrespectful to Viktoria Tort and Perry during this 3 days. I'm very glad she isn't in Rio right now.

• Actually everyone has been disrespectful to Greta Cicolari in the last 3 years. She has been banned from FIPAV when she found a new partner to play with. She won on court against FIPAV eventually, but still she is treated like a criminal. FIPAV deserves the worst from this OGs. For everything they have done.

• Actually everyone has been disrespectful to Greta Cicolari in the last 3 years. She has been banned from FIPAV when she found a new partner to play with. She won on court against FIPAV eventually, but still she is treated like a criminal. FIPAV deserves the worst from this OGs. For everything they have done.

True that. What FIPAV did to her is truly heinous. She was a great, hard-working player and experienced competitor who served FIPAV extremely well for many years. Sure, maybe she was a little older than what they wanted for Menegatti, but they handled everything terribly-- and for what?? Orsi Toth wasn't any better of a player, in my opinion. The duo's ranking didn't rise dramatically. And look, she got banned from the Olympic games for doping. FIPAV should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm not going to implicate Menegatti in any of this, because maybe she wanted a new partner, maybe she didn't, maybe she tried pushing back against FIPAV in private, etc. For that, I feel bad for her. She's one of the most talented young backcourt players in the world right now, so I'm sad to see her chances of progressing past pool play diminish so dramatically. I wonder if, after this, she'll continue with Orsi-Toth. This could obviously be read as a betrayal, but idk.

• Terzic about Olympic Games http://www.worldofvolley.com/N…-the-way-to-the-hall.html

I have to admit that those things were better organized in Beijing and London.

The transport is so bad. The Olympic lines obviously do not work well. Our journey to Maracanazinho lasts 45 minutes, sometimes twice as much. We don’t know that. The drivers do not know where they are driving us.

Accommodation is good, I will give them the excellent mark but the food is much more worse than at the previous Olympic Games

• FIVB and youtube cant broadcast the games...all the TVs pays millions to have the rights...but Im sure some people will be uploading them on youtube.

In London all matches were streamed live on the IOC channel. They're the owner of the rights after all so they can stream whatever they want...we'll see on Saturday, it would be my favourite solution for sure.