Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Dijkema under Guidetti's lead is a completely different setter. She used to be good but unstable, now she's regularly playing on very good (high maybe) level.

USA has very good OPs, the coach is the real problem. Murphy used to be a very good player. Lowe can be even better than Kelly. This system made both of them completely out of confidence. They're scared whatever they do on court. Just look at their faces. :whistle:

• Funny. You think Murphy and Lowe look scared out on the court. I have watched Kelly played since she was in her teens, college and through now...she has always had the same expression but now she seems like she is having fun. She smiles and gets excited. Don't know anything about Lowe

• Funny. You think Murphy and Lowe look scared out on the court. I have watched Kelly played since she was in her teens, college and through now...she has always had the same expression but now she seems like she is having fun. She smiles and gets excited. Don't know anything about Lowe

I watched Kelly's games since she was part of University of Florida women's volleyball team, when she used to play both setter and opposite. She has always been very quiet, yes, but now looks asleep or even worse scared. And it is even worse when you look at Lowe's face :!: But I'm not blaming them: these 2 girls spike twice each set, it's not their fault if they're losing their confidence.

• Italy are indeed very disappointing, but I'm pleased to see Netherlands playing so consistently.

USA played a pretty good match, I thought. It's true that the middles are used a LOT, but if it is working there is no need to change and it worked yesterday.

As for Serbia it is the usual trouble, the reception is very poor. This is not Mihajlovic's strength, Popovic is just quite an average player and Malesevic/Nikolic just aren't playing well. Too often Ognjenovic has to try and make sets in an uncomfortable position, resulting in an uncomfortable spike for Boskovic/Mihajlovic/whoever, often against a 3-woman block.

• So is there any difference between how Serbia and Russia is playing right now? Serbian MBs were hardly efficient in the match against US, and it was mostly set to the pins. The reception issue is apparently the same for both teams, and Mihajlovic-Boskovic is really just Kosheleva-Goncharova. So it appears, Serbia is just playing Russian style :whistle:

• So is there any difference between how Serbia and Russia is playing right now? Serbian MBs were hardly efficient in the match against US, and it was mostly set to the pins. The reception issue is apparently the same for both teams, and Mihajlovic-Boskovic is really just Kosheleva-Goncharova. So it appears, Serbia is just playing Russian style :whistle:

Well I wouldn't put it exactly like that because it has been just 3 matches.. during the friendlies with Brazil, MBs from Serbia did a nice job.. Maybe the reception will get better, and Maja for sure will get her middles running

• Serbian duo same as Russian... No,no, no ...They have one of the BEST MB duo in WORLD RIGHT NOW....Maja just need to find better conection.

So is there any difference between how Serbia and Russia is playing right now? Serbian MBs were hardly efficient in the match against US, and it was mostly set to the pins. The reception issue is apparently the same for both teams, and Mihajlovic-Boskovic is really just Kosheleva-Goncharova. So it appears, Serbia is just playing Russian style :whistle:

• actually i havent been able to watch serbian team in rio 2016 except for usa match..i expect Rasiç to play better than that..serbia has great attackers such as Boşkoviç,Mihayloviç however i have always felt Rasiç is the most key player of serbian nt..if she can be used properly then serbian team will run much better and Boşko and Mihajlo will find a space to play better

• From a technical and tactical point of view I noticed that many teams use the triple block when the set is very predictable.. Before now only Russia in Euro 2013 used it, in the olympics I saw Italy, Serbia, Russia (of course), USA and Ned using it!

• About Dijkema, yes she is a better player under Guidetti's coaching, but setter position is still the weakest position in the Dutch team. Have you guys really saw Guidetti's face, because I never saw him that desperate. Dijkema is not doing miracles, she has two strong MBs, probably one of the best and strongest OPPs, plus two really strong OHs. But still I find her game boring and predictable. I can imagine how any other setter like Maja, Naz etc. would make that team look. Guidetti knows that very well too. This is Dijkema's best we are watching and she is doing great for her standards, but sorry, this team deserves a setter in better level. For Stoltenborg, her level is like Turkish/Italian 2nd league.

About US, if you guys have better arguments than "you guys hate US and bla bla bla", I'm pleased to listen it. I'm just wondering if you seriously find US opposites effective at all and how do you explain them being the weakest link on the court? My explanation was through their system, which does not demand support from a strong OPP and that setting high speed to zone 2 being very difficult. Again, if you have a proper argument, please share it. :wavy:

• I bet you haven't seen German team under Guidetti. He got pissed off at Weiss like so many times, desperate or mad or fed up, whatsoever :D

Yes, Dutch team would be a lot stronger with a setter like Maja but she's Serbian and I don't realistically think there are many good young setters right now. Maja, Glass, Lloyd, Lins and Tomkom only could be named. Although I agree that Laura's sets can be predictable sometimes.

• In case you refer to those horrible high-pitched screams, it's Yuan. I seriously hope one day some opponent is going to punch her straight in the face when she does this :hit: :wall:

Trademark for Yuan her scream....Love her!
    She is 199cm and she will punch back....
    I dont know if China will win the gold medal but with this young team they can dominate volleyball for years in the future

• That's right and generally speaking blocking performance in the last years was best by Russia and Brazil IMHO.

Yes I wrote just the teams I've watched in this OG, unfortunately I haven't watched Brazil yet...

• Italy and China have Great prospectos. Brasil Will flsince 2005 completely change his hoster. It Will be fun to wacth the New players evolving. If Thaísa, Gabi, Natália and Lins not Live Brasil NT can still be stronger with the New generation.

• she screams like a pig before killing :aww: