Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• Thanks a lot Mattias! :)

With this unexpected loss China will possibly end the preliminarily round at the 4th but we shouldn't forget how Brazil overcame everything in 2012. Funny though, Brazil are the one they are most likely going to play againat next round :roll:

• I'm for Russia of course but it's alwaya terribly hard playing against home-team aka "Defending champion"... I don't think Russians would want to meet China this early either. Let's see how it's going to round off.

• if i were brazil/russia, i would love to play china. i mean they lost to olympics debutante the Netherlands. they got beat by serbia worse than puerto rico or italy.
    clearly their confidence is broken, their campaign is falling apart and their coach is in panic mode.
    it's great time to pile it on.

• :woohoo: Cameroon :cup:

In the first half of the set they looked nervous, probably because today the situation is different: in the previous matches they knew they had no chance, so they could just play and enjoy it. Today they know they can win and that caused some pressure, but in the middle of the set they found their joy of playing again.

• I'm truly impressed with Cameroon. They are fast, they are physical and they have exquisite blocking too. I hope they have better funding to improve in the future.

They urgently need a setter :white: The two girls they have as setters both are technically disastrous, they are lucky that the referee is very lenient with technique calls. Nana, Moma, Fotso and the libero are very good players, the 2nd OH is ok as well, but 2nd MB and setter are a big problem for Cameroon.
    I really hope they are going to win this match though :super: Argentina is pathetic, almost all of their players play professionally in good leagues but the NT hasn't made any progress in the last years. They must be the worst receiving team in the tournament.

• Could any of you possibly summarize the match? Silly me, I thought this match would be played later and apparently the match I've been waiting for is Argentina-Cameroon :aww:

Shame that I couldn't watch Serbia crushing China live, must have been a super entertaining match.

Boskovic had a amazing start, I think she scored 6/6 attacks and 2 aces just in the first half of the set.

Plus Mihajlovic was a different person, she didn't seam exauested and was energetic.

• Lucky escape for Cameroon in 3rd set, their nerves almost cost them the set after leading 22-18.

Their backup setter looks like she doesn't have the slightest idea what she's doing on court, she looks like a MB playing as setter :white:

• They urgently need a setter :white: The two girls they have as setters both are technically disastrous, they are lucky that the referee is very lenient with technique calls. Nana, Moma, Fotso and the libero are very good players, the 2nd OH is ok as well, but 2nd MB and setter are a big problem for Cameroon.
    I really hope they are going to win this match though :super: Argentina is pathetic, almost all of their players play professionally in good leagues but the NT hasn't made any progress in the last years. They must be the worst receiving team in the tournament.

I personally find Castiglione as a bad setter but with such reception no setters would do a good job.

• Argentina is getting zero contribution from their OHs. Acosta and Nizetich are making more points for Cameroon rather than their team! :white:

Cameroon uses the pipe so much! When the setter is in trouble--> pipe libero setting-->pipe

if i were brazil/russia, i would love to play china

How can you make a conclusion from single or even a couple of machess results? Just for example American's men NT. And in women the results very unpredictable. And remember that it's still group stage. Play-off is very different story

• They urgently need a setter :white: The two girls they have as setters both are technically disastrous, they are lucky that the referee is very lenient with technique calls. Nana, Moma, Fotso and the libero are very good players, the 2nd OH is ok as well, but 2nd MB and setter are a big problem for Cameroon.

True, they really need a good setter. But honestly I didn't expect them to be this good. I really like Fotso and Nana. Defensively they are quite good. They were very impressive in blocking Russia the other day too. Really I hope they get the chance to gain experience and develop their game. Would like to see them again in Tokyo.
    I haven't followed the Argentinians much and it really looks like they don't belong there at this level yet. Would have preferred to see Turkey or Thailand instead but I guess this is the price to pay to develop the game everywhere.

• What a heartbreak ;( This is just so wrong!

Cameroon was leading 8:3 and kept it up until 13:10, then they got stuck in the rotation with both Moma and Nana in backrow and of course Argentina was prepared for Moma's pipe. And then at Argentina's match point Fresco's serve just has to drop like a stone :hit:

Cameroon really would have deserved to win this game!!! :tzz:

• Such a shame for Cameroon ;( hopefully they can build on this impressive performance for the future.

• I don't think Russia or Brazil have truly played their best yet. It can only be judged when they meet each other. Russia is too unstable at the moment. If their reception and setting are inconsistent against Korea/Cameroon/Argentina, I can't imagine what will happen against the big teams. But their 2 big guns are firing on all cylinders.
    For Brazil, the home advantage is gonna give them the edge in any match so I don't see them worrying too much about who they meet in the playoffs.

• China will need to be much better if they want to beat Brazil/Russia, but anything could still happen.

But Serbia were tremendous, every player other than Malesevic looked great today.