Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• The lastest performance of Buša I saw was the WGP match against China and apparently it was her life match. She's incredibly bad, I hope her play today gives a lesson to many mediocre players in the world. "Someone like me is playing at the Olynpics, so never give up."

:wall: :aww: :white:

It was funny how Zivkovic stubbornly insisted on her MBs, but that's what happens when you have Malesevic and Busa as OHs. Glad to see Brakocevic in good shape back though.

Congrats to the Dutch team, it's a real pleasure to watch them. I like Pietersen ten times more than Plak and also what a good performance by De Kruijf in block. Stam, no words needed, I love her.

• I think Serbia can beat Brazil or Russia but if that really want Terzic wants??? Very strange decision to not use Mihajlovic today...

• The drawing-system made this match already worthless from the start. Unfortunately.

I think Terzic took a safe risk, because USA wants ensure 1st place.

I presume/hope we will see Grothues on court on Tuesday.

• Even if China wins 3-0 China will finish in 4th. They will have no motivation at all to win.

winners never lack motivation to win. when michael jordan steps on the court, do you think he thinks it's ok to lose this game or that game?
    he doesn't even lose to the kids in his camp!
    no wonder serbia is the biggest underachiever in volleyball. it starts at the top with the coach.
    and i think china will give their 100% against usa. they need some confidence boost going into QF. a loss to usa will definitely not help their QF.

btw, serbia is already the most rested top team by a lot coming into the olympics. yet, they still need rest.

• There is no team in the world that would want to lose the match before the first playoffs match...maybe Serbia is only the one?! China will try to win the match no matter what, but yes, it will be very hard for them to even win one single set today.

• winners never lack motivation to win. when michael jordan steps on the court, do you think he thinks it's ok to lose this game or that game?
    he doesn't even lose to the kids in his camp!
    no wonder serbia is the biggest underachiever in volleyball. it starts at the top with the coach.
    and i think china will give their 100% against usa. they need some confidence boost going into QF. a loss to usa will definitely not help their QF.

btw, serbia is already the most rested top team by a lot coming into the olympics. yet, they still need rest.

Ololo I think u need a better example when Jordan used to play, yeah every time he stepped on the court it was OK to loose sometimes, in the NBA they play 84 regular season games, which is impossible to win all 84 and loosing a few games makes no difference especially at the end of regular season...olololo.

U guys got me wrong, I think what Terzic does is totally wrong.

• Why Terzic kept Mihailovic on bench??? It isn't a game of WGP. Maja is not good in this tournament. She plays with Boskovic and Mihailovic but they have good MB like Rasic, Stevanovic and Veljkovic. I thought Serbia NT had to play with main team in Final Round of WGP because they had mismatch problems too. Serbia NT had a lot of mistake too in this tournament. They have enough power and i think they can beat Russia but not Brazil. I still think Brazil can beat Russia today. By the way Vera Vetrova is better than Pankova :down: and she can change something today. I'd like to see Russia beats Brazil today.

Why is everyone even using Turkish fans or supporters as an example when I remember Kosheleva saying everything went fine and she was not disrespected by the Turkish fans.

Maybe that was before Galatasaray's coach Ataman showed her middle finger during the game and turkish fans thew the garbage on the players's heads

• So for Cameroon the tournament ends the way it was all along: gutsy performance, pushing every opponent very hard, but after 20th point the lack of experience prevents them from taking sets against the big teams :S

However, so far they are one of the very few teams that has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of :!: In every match they showed an inspiring performance and exceeded expectations by far. I hope they keep developing and gain more international experience.

• I have been critical of Terzic in the past, but he knows the team best so maybe Mihajlovic needed a rest. It is funny to see people saying Maja is having a bad tournament after one bad match, she has been good in all the other matches IMO. What can any setter do with Busa and Malesevic as OHs? The psychology is just different in meaningless matches compared to important matches, so I don't think we should read too much into this poor performance.

• Who has been playing for Porto Rico in the first 2 sets?

I guess Seilhamer, Ocasio, Cruz and Mojica play tonoght, since it is supposed to be their last match with the NT.

• Serbia is third and China fourth in group B regardless how USA vs. China ends. Because even winning 3:0 against USA, China will not be better in any major category than Serbia, but has the lower set ratio, so they stay behind anyway. China could theoretically help Netherlands to become group winner, but that seems unlikely, I don't think USA will allow that to happen; they need just to win two sets to prevent it.