Olympic Games - 2016 | 8 | 6

• So for the 3rd Olympics in a row we are gonna have the same 2 teams in the final.

Brazil will beat China and USA will beat Japan.
    If Russia makes to the semis they will loose to Brazil and Serbia will loose to the USA.

That's boring, not even in Basketball they had same 2 teams in 3 OG straight finals.

Haha then remember the past 1964 1968 1972 1976 only two teams

• So for the 3rd Olympics in a row we are gonna have the same 2 teams in the final.

Brazil will beat China and USA will beat Japan.
    If Russia makes to the semis they will loose to Brazil and Serbia will loose to the USA.

That's boring, not even in Basketball they had same 2 teams in 3 OG straight finals.

Well that might happen or it might not, I don't think it is as predictable as you're making out. If it is brazil v USA in the final, then good for them because they will deserve it.

• Deserved win for the USA after a slow start. To me they're the most convincing team in the tournament so far, no matter what their haters say :whistle:

China still has many problems, not a single one of their players is in her very best shape. But still they have chances to reach the semis, Russia/Brazil aren't unbeatable either...

• Great win by the USA! I really like how they battled in the first, even though they were down so many points.. Great game by Robinson coming from the bench, I remember her being 10/13 in the match, later she cooled off a bit.. Larson has became such a skilled player, she has always been pretty all round, but now she has sooo many shots and finds the court in many difficult situations.. Also Kelly hasn't been that bad, I like her back row hits, especially the pipe.. I hope they use that more, it has been pretty effective..

• Yea if only they had a good setter. Plus a coach with more courage. I don't see why he won't take a risk with Voronkova instead of Shcherban whose attack was toothless. The only plus for russia is the mentality they showed in coming back in the 3rd set. Brazil played great in every aspect today though, very cohesive.

Commentator said Marichev is the most angriest coach he's seen so far...the guy must not know of Karpol.

• I can't defend Pankova anymore. Her sets are so predictable even a group of blind players can triple block Koshe and Goncha. :wall: Still have yet to see her use her middles.

I guess you haven't seen Japan's freeball offense then. Araki's still waiting for the ball right now.

• Per FIVB website:

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, August 14, 2016 - The quarterfinal match ups for the women's volleyball competition at the Rio Olympic Games were confirmed following the Drawing of Lots at the Maracanazinho on Sunday.

The results of the draw are as follows:

Quarterfinals:
    Brazil v China
    Korea v the Netherlands
    Russia v Serbia
    Japan v USA

• So, for the 3rd consecutive time (counting both London tournaments) the draw just gave the same brackets as if we would use the normal system of 1x4, 2x3, 3x2, 4x1.

What are the odds?

• So, for the 3rd consecutive time (counting both London tournaments) the draw just gave the same brackets as if we would use the normal system of 1x4, 2x3, 3x2, 4x1.

What are the odds?

I think "draw" means "we're going to punish you if your losing on purpose was TOO obvious"

For once I agree with the FIVB, makes perfect sense to leave an open window to avoid final day scandals

• I'm glad either Korea or NED will make to the semi finals. :kiss:

Brazil just like in 2008 they are 5-0 and , 15-0 sets lost. I will not be surprised if they win this time with 8-0 and 24-0 sets lost.

• Russia vs. Serbia will be REALLY interesting, I'm really excited both got paired together. Curious to see what will happen in the match between Korea and Netherlands too - both of these matches are completely open, although if I had to bet, I'd say Russia and Netherlands will advance. USA should beat Japan quite easily and I have absolutely no idea what will happen between Brazil and China. :S

• I expected a rather close match between Brazil and Russia. But the root cause behind the always winning Brazilians against Russia in many years now seems to me, that Brazil is generally better in serve and reception and not worse in blocking. When setting is not very good - indeed Zaryachko and Samoilenko (Shlyakovhaya) should be much more used in attacking - this is the final disadvantage... either way, pressure for Brazil is now rising from match to match, so we have to wait, how they react. Main opponent seems indeed to be the USA like in London.