CEV Cup 2017

• Haak scored 11 points in 1st set, after than the HUN team played amazing in block-defense, so neither Haak nor anyone else from Beziers could score easily. They are a very balanced team without a superstar but with good players and great teamwork, I really liked their performance yesterday.

• Stuttgar is t leading 2-0 now..seems they will prevail over the opponent and advance

I thought they were going to have a chance to beat Prostejov, but never ever would I have expected them to crush them 16,17,14 :white:
    However they had a special advantage because the assistant coach of Stuttgart is the boyfriend of former Prostejov player Sonja Borovinsek, so they had a lot of information about the team, plus Mareike Hindriksen played in Stuttgart 2 years ago and Laura Emonts is of course well known to coaches here as well.

• Haak scored 11 points in 1st set, after than the HUN team played amazing in block-defense, so neither Haak nor anyone else from Beziers could score easily. They are a very balanced team without a superstar but with good players and great teamwork, I really liked their performance yesterday.

i think there are some teams in the leagues of europe that are considered "weak" but are good at team-play
    i liked Olimpiakos...what you said about Linamar could be said about them too.. OLimpiakos's players probably are better than Hungarian teams..
    last year title- winner was from Romenia etc..

• I thought they were going to have a chance to beat Prostejov, but never ever would I have expected them to crush them 16,17,14 :white:
    However they had a special advantage because the assistant coach of Stuttgart is the boyfriend of former Prostejov player Sonja Borovinsek, so they had a lot of information about the team, plus Mareike Hindriksen played in Stuttgart 2 years ago and Laura Emonts is of course well known to coaches here as well.

Mareike Hindriksen told afterwards, they analyzed 10 matches of Stuttgart on video before but were shot off the hall unexpectedly without having any chance. Very strong performance by Stuttgart indeed, they were superior in service (11 to 1 aces), blocking, attack efficiency and positive reception. It was easily visible, that this was not lack of quality of Prostejov, despite their main opposite from Turkey was not here (ill I guess) and the second Cuban was not that good, only the Cuban outside hitter was near the best three Stuttgart attackers regarding scoring and attack. Very disappointing number of spectators by the way, only 1.100 (half of the hall only), but we were loud and very supportive (the most engaged fans were of course there).

• Mareike Hindriksen told afterwards, they analyzed 10 matches of Stuttgart on video before but were shot off the hall unexpectedly without having any chance. Very strong performance by Stuttgart indeed, they were superior in service (11 to 1 aces), blocking, attack efficiency and positive reception. It was easily visible, that this was not lack of quality of Prostejov, despite their main opposite from Turkey was not here (ill I guess) and the second Cuban was not that good, only the Cuban outside hitter was near the best three Stuttgart attackers regarding scoring and attack. Very disappointing number of spectators by the way, only 1.100 (half of the hall only), but we were loud and very supportive (the most engaged fans were of course there).

i think you mean Yeliz Başa ..she's signed with Halkbank..not a member of Czech team anymore

• hey crovolley!

how could that be? Fabris made only 13 points in 3 sets?? she should have made over 20 :thumbsup:

She can be happy with her 57% in attack :)

• Giovanni Caprara "We had some problems at the beginning of the match probably because this ball is lighter than the one we use in the national league but once we adjusted to it, everything went just fine and we showed a good performance.”

Yeah this is probably the biggest problem for players in Seria A when they need to play some of CEV competition.

• If you watch the Hungarian team play you'll see it's no surprise. No big names but very good teamplay and coaching. Beziers is all about Haak and even more so since Cazaute's injury, so they have become a rather beatable team even in French league...

• I guess Galatasaray will win in Turkey. In Łódź, they might have a problem playing in huge arena (Atlas Arena is really big) but I think Galatasaray will advance to the next round.

Łódź starting six is: Vincourova, Beier, Pycia, Grobelna, Grajber, Polańska, Maj (L)
    Both OH are defensive.

• I guess Galatasaray will win in Turkey. In Łódź, they might have a problem playing in huge arena (Atlas Arena is really big) but I think Galatasaray will advance to the next round.

Łódź starting six is: Vincourova, Beier, Pycia, Grobelna, Grajber, Polańska, Maj (L)
    Both OH are defensive.

actually Galatasaray's Ohs are defensive too : Güldeniz and Leys..only Seda is offensive when playing OH

if Lodz let Galatasary play its game then Galatasasay advances to the semi final..if they dont then we can watch a golden set who knows ?

what about Lodz's serves ?

• 4th Final

Linamar Bekescsabai Rse (HUN) – Unet Yamamay Busto Arsizio (ITA)
    Allianz MTV Stuttgart (GER) – Pomì Casalmaggiore (ITA)
    Galatasaray Istanbul (TUR) – Budowlani Lodz (POL)
    Dinamo Kazan (RUS) – Vizura BELGRADO (SRB)

• So let us hope for the supposedly most interesting quarter Lodz vs. Galatasaray and I hope, Budowlani with former Stuttgarter opposite Kaja Grobelna will win - I don't like that Istanbul dominance at all. A few years ago, Atom Trefl Sopot could beat Galatasaray too...