CEV Cup 2017

• Yep!! :D

Now Piacenza needs to win at least 3-1 plus the Golden set. In the inviolate PalaTrento.
    Not impossible as always in volleyball, but definitely tough.

For Trento losing this chance would be the biggest failure of the last two years so far, imho. Also considering that this quarterfinal it's probably an anticipated final (but I admit I don't know the other opponents. Nobody will come from CL, right?).

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…tition.aspx?ID=966&PID=-1

As far as I know, no one is coming from Cl.

Quarter finalists and matches:

Karlovarsko Vs. Tours

United Volleys RheinMain Vs. Lindemans Aalst

Fenerbahce Vs. Ajaccio

Piacensa Vs. Trentino

• Actually, you are both right. I didn't think the new changes in the Champions League would affect the CEV Cup, or at least the Challenge Round, but they do. There is nothing on their website, so yes, these are the teams involved in the trophy chase.

• Do you think Tine Urnaut is better than Alen Şket ?

i looked at the roster of Trentino and they didnt seem that superb to me or am i wrong/do i miss something ?
    sure they are traditionally a very important team and they have great experience in european cups but i think they lack those great players they had in their glorious days for the present

• Do you think Tine Urnaut is better than Alen Şket ?

i looked at the roster of Trentino and they didnt seem that superb to me or am i wrong/do i miss something ?
    sure they are traditionally a very important team and they have great experience in european cups but i think they lack those great players they had in their glorious days for the present

I am not in a position to make an in depth judgement. We clearly have better experts for Trentino here on board. :wavy:

But i will try anyway...... 8)

Out of pocket i would say that, apart from Gianelli, Trentino might lack a kind of "wow" player. But there is Stokr, who seems to enjoy a second spring and all three OHs have pretty high level all around skills. I think the same applies for their MBs. So you might say that the lack of an apparent weakness and being well coached and organised turns them into the favourite team for CEV cup. In the end, you don't become second in italian league for nothing.

I can't judge Fenerbahce at all. They seem to do well in turkish league and maybe the difference is smaller than we think. I would surely enjoy a close semi but still i would put my money on Trentino.

For the other side of the draw, i suppose Tours is the strongest team. I hope United Volleys can do the job in Aalst and reach the semis. Its that kind of matches where you can grow as a player which would be important for United's young players (Reichert, Krick, Aciobanitei, Zimmermann).

• I watched almost every match of Trento this year, but unfortunately I've never watched this Fenerbahce, so it' impossible for me to compare them.
    Still, I can try to say a bit ;)

Tim give you an answer and I generally think he pointed out right things, especially about the lack of a wow spiker that can "solve" a match, like a Juantorena/Sokolov or an Atanasjievic or a Ngapeth or a Kovacevic/(Djuric), to name players from the top 5 in Italy.
    I'll add that Trentino strength for me is the group, the mentality and the way they play (well, Tim had already said that somehow: 'being well coached and organised').

In the end, you don't become second in italian league for nothing.

That's the other point: their results speak for them.
    Ok, you may look at the roster and think that it's not the best possible (that's for sure!).
    But, somehow, they still managed to get the third place at the WCCh, the second at the Italian Cup, the second in the Italian RS. So, we can even point out that the court said they are just behind Cruzeiro, Kazan and Lube, simply the best teams in the world right now (imho).
    And I think that's the prove (not the first neither the latter) that volleyball isn't played by a list of players on a roster, but by a team ;)

Ps to be clear, I do think there are other teams with a stronger roster than Trento – Perugia and Modena for start, looking only in the Italian League – and I'm not saying Fenerbahce can't win vs Trento!

• Ps I checked Fenerbahce roster, the only player I'm sure I watched playing is Alen Pajenk, which I really liked when he played with Lube and with the Slovenian NT ^^

Another thing I can about Trento, this time looking at the roster, is: ok, it's definitely not the strongest roster ever... But 3/7 of the titular won (as titular) an olympic silver medal ^^ And probably imho Trento MBs are better or at least as good as Italian MBs ;)

[Again, that doesn't mean they will win the CEV Cup, that's simply mean that they have the potential to. If they won't play well, probably they won't win. Obviously this statement applies also for the second match vs Piacenza]

• Trentino Vs. Fenerbahce, this compare would be interesting.

Unfortunately I don't have enoguh volleyball knowledge to detect the differences between Trentino and Fenerbahe, however I have never thought that Fener would be powerful than Trentino.

Other Turkish teams are not so powerful. If I catch the broadcast I watch Halkbank, Ziraatbank, Arkas, Maliye, Galatasaray, Besiktas, vs and you can't compare these teams with Italians like Trentino, Lube, Modena, Perugia vs. Italians are more more diciplined then our teams.

As a result, if these 2 teams play for the final game, I would bet all my money on Trentino and enjoy the play until last point.

• if these 2 teams play for the final game,

The will face each others in the semifinal, first match in Trento and second in Istanbul.
    Ps I thought Trento would have played the second match at home being Italy higher than Turkey in the CEV Clubs ranking.

• The will face each others in the semifinal, first match in Trento and second in Istanbul.
    Ps I thought Trento would have played the second match at home being Italy higher than Turkey in the CEV Clubs ranking.

Omg that's the good news made my day. So I will see Trentino live at Istanbul :drink:

I will confirm later, if you are right then the calender is like: 28th March at Trento and 1st April (Saturday) at Istanbul.

• The will face each others in the semifinal, first match in Trento and second in Istanbul.

What does the Clubs ranking have to do with the draw that took place about 6 months ago?

• What does the Clubs ranking have to do with the draw that took place about 6 months ago?

This year Trento always played the second match at home, so – before learning that in the semifinal it was the opposite – I assumed/take for granted that the favor of the court was given to the highest in the CEV ranking* ;) (according to the draw, obviously. I mean, I didn't know that the draw decided not only the crossings but also the order of the home/away matches ^^)
    * in the case of Piacenza-Trento, at my eyes Piacenza was 'lower' than Trentino since their team was supposed to play the Challenge Cup.

28th March at Trento and 1st April (Saturday) at Istanbul

I read it's not decided yet if the matches will be on March the 28/29 and April on the 1st/2nd.

• 2017 CEV Cup, tuesday’ 28th march at 8.30pm in PalaTrento, first match of semifinals against Fenerbahce. Presale starting

The matches valid for the 2017 CEV Cup semifinals between Trentino Diatec and Fenerbahce Istanbul have now been scheduled. The first round will be played in PalaTrento on Tuesday, 28th March 2017 at 8:30 pm, while the return match will take place on Saturday, 1st April in Istanbul at 6pm (italian time).
    The match is not included in the season pass;
    for the occasion the ticket prices will be low, especially season pass holders. Presale will start this afternoon at 2 pm through the usual channels: Trentino Volley Point in via Trener 2 in Trento, PromoEvent in via Suffragio 10 in Trento and online at www.vivaticket.it.
    Trentino Volley allows every season pass holder to use their pre-emption right on their seats until Thursday 23rd March at 6 pm, also via internet at www.vivaticket.it, through the “pre-emption right mode” (click here to read the tutorial).Those who have no season pass can buy the tickets starting from today at 2pm, only those who are not presale.

These are the prices for season pass holders for the home match of 2017 CEV Cup semifinals.
    VIP 25 euros
    BEST 14 euros
    BEST REDUCED 10 euros
    TRIBUNE 10 euros
    TRIBUNE REDUCED 8 euros
    STAND 8 euro
    STAND REDUCED 6 euros

These are the prices applied for non season pass holders for the home match of 2017 CEV Cup semifinals.
    VIP 32 euros
    BEST 20 euros
    BEST REDUCED 14 euros
    TRIBUNE 14 euros
    TRIBUNE REDUCED 12 euros
    STAND 10 euros
    STAND REDUCED 8 euros
    Reduced prices apply also for those under 16 and over 65.

http://www.trentinovolley.it/l…html#.WNDhiKMXev0.twitter

• And finally both matches will be streamed by Laola :obey: . The return match of United Volleys vs. Tours will even be on german free TV. Doesn't happen very often over here. 8o Just hope the guys can keep it tight against Tours.

• And finally both matches will be streamed by Laola :obey: . The return match of United Volleys vs. Tours will even be on german free TV. Doesn't happen very often over here. 8o Just hope the guys can keep it tight against Tours.

Which one?