Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Probably you're right about Trentino performance (not throughout the whole match, though), but I think it's a bit insulting to describe Padova as "some college vball players from USA and Canada"... In volleyball the names doesn't necessarily make the team and Padova is again proving to be an annoying for the 'big' (last year Modena needed more matches to 'get rid' of them in the quarter then to defeat Perugia in the final).

About Giannelli, I would complained more about not being very precise (not that being precise is his first quality) rather than being predictable (except may be in second intention attempts)... but I'm not very good in judging setters, especially from a tactical point of view.

Overall, it was definitely more entertaining of Verona-Molfetta; the biggest NO of the match imho was the video check: slow, often unclear (or better, less clear than Rai images) and even insanely mistaken like after Nelli third ace in a row that in the first set should have signed the 24-23 for Trento (that was losing 20-23; Nelli went in to serve at 21-23) instead of the 24-23 for Padova.

• Geez, it's still so early in the season to be judging this hard. Yeah, Trento had an off today, but it doesn't take away from their potential for the rest of the season. Not to mention they're preparing for the WCCH.

As for Padova, besides Balaso, I actually really enjoyed Shaw and Averill. Fedrizzi had a couple of great moments throughout the match too. Judging from this match alone, I wouldn't be surprised if the team improves more and more and performs well this season.

• Trentino is just pathetic, I feel sorry seeing them getting slapped by some college vball players from USA and Canada. Lanza and Urnaut are tragic on reception, nothing better in attack. Gianelli very predictable setting, forcing OH's instead going through the middle... Padova has potential but their OPP has one of the ugliest spike technique I've ever seen. I doubt Trentino can do sth in Betim. Pity.

I don`t know if you know but Fedrizzi led Podova with 14 points and he is Italian..plus Giannotti and Volpato are Italian also.....olololololo

Im surprised Tretino is not in Brazil yet, when will they get there?

Also, I checked the schedule and the CWCH starts next WED, and Trentino is scheduled to play with Latina the same day. R they gona play with a B team?

Italy should have waited until the CWCH is over to start the season.

have u guys seen the Perugia`s youtube channel, where they have the man of the match in the locker room and make them take the shirts off?? Oh I think I love Berger now :cheesy:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bqUOP0oM_g

• :rolll: :rolll: :rolll:

2 years ago Sirci used to make them stay in underwear before giving the award. When he asked it De Cecco in the video, he refused because he was wearing ugly underwear. :lol:

It's all marketing. Players almost naked, more people watching the videos... :teach:

• Im surprised Tretino is not in Brazil yet, when will they get there?

Also, I checked the schedule and the CWCH starts next WED, and Trentino is scheduled to play with Latina the same day. R they gona play with a B team?

Italy should have waited until the CWCH is over to start the season.

They'll leave on Sunday.

The Trentino matches schedule during the CWCh has been re-schedule, here the calendar: http://www.legavolley.it/Calen…nno=2016&IdCampionato=648

I don't think they've never waited for them at the CWCh to start the RS (but may be I'm wrong), but especially in this case it wasn't easy at all since they were invited at the very last.

Ps i love 'man of the match' videos too :lol: In the last one Zaytsev was wearing an Iron-man 'costume' (t-shirt and leggings underneath the shorts) :lol:

• Ohhhh Ravenna was so close in winning vs Modena!!
    I had no many doubts that Modena would had won the third and the fourth, but I ended up cheering for the 'underdog' at the tiebreak, what a pity for Ravenna!

Also Piacenza-Verona was a really tight tie break, and Piacenza took his first victory (and vs a direct contender).

So far only Lube and Perugia with 9/9 points, plus Trento and Modena with 3/3 victories.

I'm also interested in seeing what Sora will do in the future: so far they've never won a set but they have an hell of a schedule for the beginning, playing vs Modena, Trento and Perugia in a row (and the next one is Civitanova, then Monza-Verona-Piacenza :white:).
    Imho they showed that they can be quite annoying for a certain period of the match: of course vs a top teams you play like you have nothing to lose, but if they keep playing like this also vs teams of closer level it can be interesting!
    And after all having such a difficult schedule at the beginning of the calendar could be good for them, because in the second part of the 'andata/ritorno' tournament they'll play vs teams that will probably be closer to them in the standing.
    Of course the bad side of this schedule is the high risk of losing several matches in a row, a thing that doesn't help the spirit even knowing that the opponents are stronger than you (at least on paper).

• James Shaw will surprise you! :D

Oh yea he did! 8o What a fine young talent he is.

• No one here mentioned that Angel Dennis, one of Serie A's emblematic players, has returned to Italy! He made his debut for Revivre Milano over the weekend :dance6: I don't care how old he is, it is always a pleasure to watch him on the court. Todor Skrimov was missing for Milano, however, it may have forced Dennis's appearance (or even recruitment). I hope there is nothing serious with Skrimov.

• No one here mentioned that Angel Dennis, one of Serie A's emblematic players, has returned to Italy! He made his debut for Revivre Milano over the weekend :dance6: I don't care how old he is, it is always a pleasure to watch him on the court. Todor Skrimov was missing for Milano, however, it may have forced Dennis's appearance (or even recruitment). I hope there is nothing serious with Skrimov.

Update: Skrimov underwent surgery due to problems with his kidney. He will be out for 2 months. Hence the recruitment of Dennis.

• Todor Skrimov was missing for Milano, however, it may have forced Dennis's appearance (or even recruitment). I hope there is nothing serious with Skrimov.

The absence of Skrimov is the reason why they aired Dennis ^^
    Skrimov had a surgery this week (it isn't know for which problem, but it seems physical) and won't be on court approximatively for the next two months.
    The surgery was planned (I don't know exactly when) so Milano could make the arrangement with Dennis in time.

[Overall all the fact that Skrimov needed surgery was kept really 'secret' until after it happen, and even later the details weren't spread]

• Update: Skrimov underwent surgery due to problems with his kidney. He will be out for 2 months. Hence the recruitment of Dennis.

Ok, we wrote at the same time xD

But you added an information: where did you read it was a kidney problems?
    [I thought it was something different from a physical problem/injury since he was playing, but Pasini on his blog – may be to respect the privacy – wrote it was a physical problem...]

• Ok, we wrote at the same time xD

But you added an information: where did you read it was a kidney problems?
    [I thought it was something different from a physical problem/injury since he was playing, but Pasini on his blog – may be to respect the privacy – wrote it was a physical problem...]

Bulgarian media reported that they found by accident that Skrimov had a kidney cyst. I believe it is accurate, can't guarantee, though. The recovery period has been confirmed by both sources, it seems - 2 months.

• :offtopic:

Ivan Zaytsev: Absolute winner of the tournament. In the last two years, he and his manager wife were trying everything to get attention of sponsors and Italian public. Now he has finally achieved the desired result. And he totally deserved it. His performance against USA was legendary . Congrats :rolll: :rolll: , now make your long awaited sponsors happy!

This is from me in Olympic games thread.
    http://www.sportfair.it/2016/1…van-zaytsev-video/445611/
    And this is the confirmation.

I'm surprised when Ivan has asked me to be his manager." These are the words of Ashling Sirocchi , wife, companion and the "Tsar manager" Ivan Zaytsev.

And her role model?

When one speaks of Wanda Nara name which has been repeatedly approached Ashling admits: "Wanda Nara of volleyball? Why not. Women may be wives and managers ".

:rolll: :rolll:

PATHETIC! :lol: I can't believe she openly admits it. See I am right again :lol: :lol: :offtopic:

This year I'm supporting Modena and Verona

• Sora won the first set ever in serie A1, vs Civitanova.

Molfetta (vs Piacenza) wasted a 14-12 – and 2 set to 0 – lead during the tie break, which lost 16-14.
    Double loss for Molfetta fans, because Hernandez was the one serving the last points (and they kinda hate him for his attitude since last year, while they love the other ex Hirrezuelo).

It seems that Milano is offering Skrimov absence. And at the end of the tie break Sbertoli had a shoulder injury :( I hope it's nothing serious.

Monza grab an important point vs Verona.

• After the last matches, Jovovic got banned for the next three matches for his behaviour after the red card he got (provocation towards the referee and the public).

Sbertoli will skip the next game and his conditions will be checked later on..

• After the last matches, Jovovic got banned for the next three matches for his behaviour after the red card he got (provocation towards the referee and the public).

Sounds tough. Any video on this?

I am happy to see, that apparantly Christian Fromm is doing a decent job again in Monza, after his difficult year in Perugia :thumbup: