Pre Season World Club Volleyball Rankings

• Hello all,
    I thought it would be cool to compile a NCAA College Basketball-like Pre-Season Power Ranking of the top 20 women's Volleyball Clubs around the world. My list will be based on the rosters as of today, though forthcoming transfers, of course, may slightly alter it. Please comment and let me know what you all think!

I was going to post it on here but it is too long, so just click to link to my blog.
    https://worldvolleyballblog.wordpress.co…op-20-rankings/

• I was going to post it on here but it is too long, so just click to link to my blog.

Do you have a link that doesn't require a log in to view.

• Praia Clube its a big club in Brazil right now and for me its a club among the best.
    Claudinha / Ramirez
    Alix Klineman/Michelle Carla or Ellen
    Fabiana Claudino / Waleuska

• Garay its no more longer in Dínamo Moscow i think
    Hisamitsu seems more stronger than Dresdner and RC Cannes....

• Garay its no more longer in Dínamo Moscow i think
    Hisamitsu seems more stronger than Dresdner and RC Cannes....

At first I read somewhere that Fe Garay will be returning to Dinamo, but Ive also seen reports that say they have no money to pay her. So I don't know whats up with her, you have any idea where she's headed? One thing is certain, without her Dinamo will be considerably weaker, but Scherban as their best (and only) OH.

• The World Club Championship is very interesting this year because instead of playing immediately after the Club season because or Rio16 they are playing in the fall. So it is teams with new players rather then the ones they had to win their leagues.

The Turkish teams in particular Vakifbank and Ecz have added a lot of strength. It will be an early glimpse of what the CL will bring in 2017. The Vakifbank vs EZC should be an epic struggle between two very exceptional teams. I'm personally excited to see what Ting Zhu brings to European Club volleyball.

The only impact person still not signed is Hooker and she has stated that she will be playing over seas but still no hint as to who it will be for. Two years ago she was MVP in Korea but I think we would like to see her back in Europe to see if she still has the skill set she showed in 2012.

• The only impact person still not signed is Hooker and she has stated that she will be playing over seas but still no hint as to who it will be for. Two years ago she was MVP in Korea but I think we would like to see her back in Europe to see if she still has the skill set she showed in 2012.

What about Alisha Glass and TeTori Dixon? Do you where they'll be playing?

• I m based on the same information that you have about Fê Garay, no info yet about her new club

• Bayramova is not going to play in Idmanocağı, instead, she will play in Halkbank. I do not think Idmanocağı will be fighting for 5th place. Indeed, they are among the worse 3 teams with Seramiksan and Nilüfer belediyesi :aww:

I would put either Sarıyer Belediyesi or Bursa Büyükşehir Belediyesi as contenders for 4th place along with GS. Also Halkbank has a quite balanced roster. Overall, you underestimated the rosters of Turkish teams.

Cannes is not among top 20 teams for sure! They shouldnt be even mentioned in this list :down:

Both Tianjin and Beijing should be way higher in the list.

Doesn't Melisa Vargas stay at Prostejov, if she does, Prostejov could be a bit higher.

Zaroslinska and Montano are not replacements for Havelkova. Montano was already playing there last year and Zaroslinska will be a backup player for her most likely. As replacement for Havelkova, they have Blagojeviç who is a mediocre defensive player.

Dresden has too weak roster to be even in top 30 list. Kazan is not strongest 9th team.

If Garay wont be there, I would have switched Dinamo and Volero's positions.

To me, Vakıfbank is the best team not Eczacıcbaşı. Don't forget that Eczacı has 4 newcomers in their starting 6 while Vakıfbank has only Zhu to adapt as starter. Also Guidetti showed a few weeks ago how a good trainer upgrade his team to another level.

Although I dont agree most part of your list, I liked the idea :drink:

• Thank you for your thoughts! I will be reshuffling the rankings and making another list sometime in late Sept-early Oct before the domestic season begins. It is difficult to precisely rank teams when there is still a lot of movement and uncertainty with regard to where certain players will be playing.

I agree with you for the most part. Without Bayramova, Idmancogi probably won't contend for 4th, but with Brinker and Mikhailenko in the side, I would still definitely rank them ahead of Bursa, and maybe ahead of Sariyer too.

RC Cannes are the defending French champions, and having Laurent Tillie as coach is a big deal, but yes I agree, Cannes and Dresden will not appear in my next top 20 list. In my updated rankings, I have Chemik and Busto Arsizio ranked slightly lower at 18th and 19th respectively, with Tianjin at 15, Beijing at 17, Banana Boat/Praia Clube at 20.

Also, after learning that Fe Garay won't be returning, Dinamo Moscow slip in my rankings to #7, with Volero Zurich, Imoco Conegliano and Rexona ranked ahead of them.

I disagree regarding Dinamo Kazan, I see them as an improved side this year with Russian #1 blocker Zaryazhko joining + Voronkova, Podskalnaya and Filishtinskaia. I really think they'll give Din Moscow a run for their money this year.

I, too had trouble trying to decide between VakifBank and Eczacibasi. You are right, VakifBank are familiar with one another and Guidetti is a good coach, but Eczacibasi is loaded at every position. I would probably rank them as joint #1's.

Thanks for you thoughts, look forward to hearing more.

• Champion of French league was not Cannes, it was Saint-Raphaël Var Volley-Ball but even their team is not good enough to be in top 20.

About idmanocağı, they dont have any single player from previous season. Mikhailenko has nothing special, Brinker has never been a leading player in clubs (maybe only when she was in Busto) Matienko is an decent setter but their local players are not good to carry team to even playoffs :whistle:

You can check the updated rosters of Turkish male and female volleyball clubs in the following link. There are some mistakes with the positions of players but still quite useful:

http://www.voleybolunsesi.com/….php?tgender=2&tperiod=16

• For Turkish teams, I agree on most of Serdar's comments. A couple of comments from my side:

1- As Serdar mentioned, Sariyer has the best chance to finish 4 or 5th this season. In contrast to Serdar, I see Besiktas as the second underdog than Bursa BB, because they made a great mix of young and high quality prospects and Belgian experienced players. They will sure need time until they get used to each other but I expect a great fighting spirit from Besiktas.

2- You both underestimate Galatasaray this season. Their squad is larger than last years, they can finally make double substitution for example, or replace Guldeniz when she fails in attacking with someone more reliable. Seda is not my favorite player but she is like a joker for Galatasaray this season. Besides, Sinead Jack/Ruseva duo is several classes above Jackson/Kalac duo. Don't be surprised to watch Galatasaray's middles being the best scorer of the team once again this season...

3-You are not only underestimating Galatasaray but overestimating Fenerbahce. Yes they achieved to keep KYK in the team (by paying her a salary of 3 good foreign players), however they have only 3 foreigners in their squad so far: KYK, Natalia and Tomkom. Tomkom is an excellent setter with great variations but her blocking is a weakness. Besides, how KYK-Natalia-Dalbeler will receive is a big question mark. I don't think Tomkom will manage to make them play better when receiving is terrible. They urgently need a solid MB to pair with Eda, otherwise at least to me, it won't be a surprise that they finish the league 4 or 5th this season.

4-Eczacibasi/Vakifbank comparison depends on which arena we are talking about. In domestic league, Vakifbank is clearly ahead with 3 solid foreigners, plus 3 solid locals: Naz, Gözde, Kubra/Özgenur. However in champions league, Eczacibasi has a crazy team which will be impossible to stop with: Ognjenovic, Boskovic, Larson, Kosheleva, Thaisa, Adams, Gulden (L).

Good work by the way :win: