Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Italy will never win any important games with the Bosettis as starters, besides Bonifacio as MB.

I really like Madi Kingdon, she's very good in all aspects and Bartsch is such a dangerous server.

• Italy will never win any important games with the Bosettis as starters, besides Bonifacio as MB.

Agreed, I didnt even watch the rest of the match anymore after coach kept insisting again just like vs China. To me Italy plays much better whenever both Bosetti's are not together on court...

• As I always say....playing time is the most important thing for the development of a player. Just look what a hot mess Turkey and Italy are once mostly of these players are not full time in their club.

This is not true at all! Meryem Boz, Cağla Akın and Fatma Yıldırım were starter whole year in their club but they made a terrible performance while Polen who has been benched always, was the best player on court :rolleyes:

• of course playing matters most beside having talent

btw..there are good matches today in Turkey...Serbia-Brazil and Turkey-Belgium...

Serbia could win but i dont expect an easy match...

if Turkey plays with less mistakes and attack better then we can watch a good match between them otherwise Belgium seems better than this Turkey at the moment..if Turkey wants to beat some teams at WGP then Belgium may be one of those few teams to beat!! btw.Belgium played well against Brazil

i would start with
    Gamze-Meryem
    Fatma-Hande
    Beyza-Kübra/Dicle
    Gizem

• This is not true at all! Meryem Boz, Cağla Akın and Fatma Yıldırım were starter whole year in their club but they made a terrible performance while Polen who has been benched always, was the best player on court :rolleyes:

I don't think that these players played bad means that benching is a good thing. I can see Giovanni prefers Meryem over Polen after months of training and I could see Polen was fighting and trying to prove herself the most. And yea she was barely 'the best' on court but not that much better that we should praise her for it, look at the stats. Yes she had a few nice tips, but she wasn't really any better. Çagla Akin played bad yes but she didn't play well as a starter in Besiktas either so you can play all you want but some players are just not as talented. That's why I don't get why she is in this team. Her setting ruined every player.

Fatma had a bad day okay but she player some nice matches in Yeltsin Cup so its early to say. Same goes for Meryem in ECH Qual.

Lets focus on the players that were all supposed to be 'talents but were horrible yesterday, the worst players on court were Meliha, Seyma, Hande, Dicle. These players are all young talented and have one thing in common, they are benching! Seyma was like an amateur how can you say its not true that benchers were bad :white: :white:

Big problem is setter in this team and how Gio's coaching decisions so far. I said it before I prefer any setter over Çagla really. And Gio needs to start paying attention and stop making useless subs. Beyza, Asli who were starters mostly havent even played at all while Dicle looked like she was sleeping.

Btw I agree with everything Canter said as well :thumbup:

• This is not true at all! Meryem Boz, Cağla Akın and Fatma Yıldırım were starter whole year in their club but they made a terrible performance while Polen who has been benched always, was the best player on court :rolleyes:

Sorry but in yesterdays match there were no best player in the Turkish team. Polen is the most experienced one but she had problems making side outs. I guess Guidetti knows he cant win anything important with this squad and changes the team every single set. Don't forget there are 18 players in Ankara and only 14 can be on court, so the other 4 are in the audience so I wouldnt be suprised if for example one of Cagla/Gamze are gonna substituted by Ezgi in todays match or tomorrow. Same with Melis Durul and Polen/Meryem duo. So he may look what the players are capable of for the European championship. I see it like this that these 18 players are in a way fighting for a position in the european championship. The fix players are: Gözde, Neriman, Naz, Eda, Kübra, Gizem Ö and the Grand Prix should help him to decide which of the others can make it next to them.

• Are you kidding? Dicle was not a bench player at all :rolleyes:

I didn't say benching is good, but you can't correlate the performance of players with being bench player. You are referring that Gui prefers Meryem over Polen but same Gui also prefers Çağla over Gamze. Thus, his starter choice does not say much about the player's actual potential.

• Çağla is still a young player considering settership is the most dif. position in volleyball to develope and the position that needs time most...Çağla Akın played just 1 year as starting setter in a club .i dont like the way she plays but would be better to talk how bad or good she is after playing as starting setter for a team a few more years but Çağla doest seem talented enough to me.of course less talented players could be good players playing by time as well

• I dont think Gio prefers Cagla over Gamze, thats impossible. Gamze probably still has a minor injury which Meatballs had mentioned about earlier. I said I prefer any player over Cagla like Ezgi. Dicle has been better playing this season yes but Beyza is what I call a starter. Of course I can trust Gio partly because he trained more with these player and knows more but not all his choices are right ofc.

Yes benching was not our only problem at all yesterday, but you responded saying Polen was the best to someone and she benches as if it is something good. Polen killed one more ball then her teammates wow, round of applause for Polen people. Lets ignore her horrible performance rest of season. Which is why a lot of people didn't agree with you as you can see.

• im watching Japan-Thailand match
    i hope this new japenese female coach can be succesful with this new japenese team..btw.i like japenese names : sarina koga,saori,horikawa ,yuki,arisa,haruyo,mako,miya,kotoe etc..what nice these names are!!

• Gudetti is in a way like a business man, you should not forget Cagla is Vakifs player and probably the future setter of Vakif. There are always problems having a quick agreement with Naz, some say she wants to get pregnant some says she does it on purpose to make her sallary higher. We never know for sure how Naz is gonna decide as you can see Vakif didn't event announce yet if they extended or parted their ways with Naz.
    So the time will come very soon, where Cagla will be the starter in Vakif, Guidetti will never get a foreigner setter. So he must train with her, she must gain experience, so this could be also one reason. His heart and his busniess is most of all for Vakif!

• Let's just say this generation of italian players isn't so talented. Playing or not means almost nothing here. Of course they can improve, but I can't see a new Del Core or Rinieri, not to mention a new Piccinini.

• It's funny how fast things can change. For so many years Turkish fans couldn't wait until Guidetti finally becomes NT coach, and now that he's finally there people are cursing him after just a few weeks :rolll:

Thank you for that. So true!
    The fact is that Turkish players and not in the same level as the other NTs, especially because most of them are young and haven't had much chances before. Is this so hard to understand?!

• By the way, Hola unblock allows me to watch every single match I try...I use US as my location and everything is ok. The only problem is that I can't stream it on my TV using google chrome. There is a message that says this is not allowed.

• It's funny how fast things can change. For so many years Turkish fans couldn't wait until Guidetti finally becomes NT coach, and now that he's finally there people are cursing him after just a few weeks :rolll:

Says Mr Matthias who is always complaining about his behavior since he left German NT, this was not like this before when he was the coach of Germany not at this maximum :wavy:
    So funny how fast things can change :white:

• Well, I already expected that upon Guidetti's arrival. Why don't you just wait and see a little bit? They just played one game and the main setter is really young it seems like. I don't follow Turkey's game as I'm not interested in them but I think it's unfair to be extremely impatient.