Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• Holland have been lucky with the draw. IMO they are not at the level of the best teams without Lonneke and that is why they have been so poor this week

• AND They are both playing for the same team in Turkey next season....

Which is very nice for them and I hope they are happy together. But maybe not the best career move. Carol in particular is way better than Nilufer

• Brazil was lucky with that second point. Seems like Adenizia touch the net before the block kill fell on Netherlands' side.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Holland have been lucky with the draw. IMO they are not at the level of the best teams without Lonneke and that is why they have been so poor this week

agree with you..Netherlands has a limited pool of players..i remember Lonneke from Challenge cup match with a German team against Bursa and she wasnt that effective/impresssive then after Guidetti took the dutch NT she shined and then days in Vakıfbank etc

• Last time I saw that hair touch happen was way back during London Olympics Russia-Brazil quarterfinals on Goncharova. :wavy:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• When the ball hit the player's long hair on the way out, like the case with ball from BRA hit Plak's hair, is it counted IN or OUT for BRA side? :D

Another case, when there are two faults happen at the same time from both sides, for instance, the ball from NED hit the antenna while BRA in blocking attempt touches the net, both faults happen at the same time (to the naked eyes)... whose fault it is counted, point to whom?

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Another case, when there are two faults happen at the same time from both sides, for instance, the ball from NED hit the antenna while BRA in blocking attempt touches the net, both faults happen at the same time (to the naked eyes)... whose fault it is counted, point to whom?

If two mistakes happen at the same time, the referee has to decide double fault and the rally is repeated.

• Congrats to Brazil ;(

• Anne played in Brazil`s Rexona

AND They are both playing for the same team in Turkey next season.... :drink:

The Brazilian powerhouse Carol (Ana Carolina da Silva) and Anne Buijs have already decided their future for next season. They left the Rexona and signed with the Nilufer of Turkey for season 2017/2018.

The Brazilian center is 26 years and 1.83 high and has defended Mackenzie, Pinheiros and Rexona. The Buijs 25-year-old and 1.91-meter tip has passes through Schweriner SC (ALE), Busto Arsizio (ITA), Lokomotiv Baku (AZE) and Vakifbank (TUR).
    https://matchpointvolei.wordpr…-pelo-nilufer-da-turquia/

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Can anyone here confirm how will be played the Final Round?

Cause in when you go in FIVB's site schedule says its going to be two groups of 3, but when you go to formula it says it will be a Round-Robin system...

• You guys are speaking like Brazil is already qualified! As much as I wish it were true, there is still quite a bit of drama to unravel in the last round on Sunday.

I guess you're right. If Brazil loses to USA, and DOM beats ITL and TUR or JPN beats SER and RUS things would crumble for BRA.

If BRA loses to USA and DOM or JPN take one of two, well ... then ... it's a bunch of math I can't figure out :rolll:

Thanks for the heads up!

• Can anyone here confirm how will be played the Final Round?

Cause in when you go in FIVB's site schedule says its going to be two groups of 3, but when you go to formula it says it will be a Round-Robin system...

It's probably robin round and they just took the same template from last year and haven't fixed it yet :win: