Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I m not a big fan of KYK but this was a foul from Smarzek
    What is complaining?To the refs? so?

• For me Smarzek is the best player in attack for NT of Poland...This attidute didnt make her better player...
    Now i understand Gamova s attidute especially to the youngsters... :D

I m not a big fan of KYK but this was a foul from Smarzek
    What is complaining?To the refs? so?

She complains a lot. She's probably the worst player in the world when it comes to that. You can just call it bad attitude as well and delaying the game too.

In the end KYK can just shrug it off. Sometimes taunting can be mistaken for being too excited and overwhelmed by emotions anyway. Overcomplaining? not so much... :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Am I too dumb to find it or does FIVB not provide best player stats for WGP on their website?

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…p1/statistics/bestscorers

• Am I too dumb to find it or does FIVB not provide best player stats for WGP on their website?

http://worldgrandprix.2017.fiv…p2/statistics/bestscorers

For the intercontinental round I don't know what to do to retrieve that. Seems like FIVB removes the IC stats when they enter the final round.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• I was questioning myself how come there are so many polish supporters in Ostrava and it's almost in Poland :lol:

Lmao. That might be the reason Czech lost against Poland yesterday. They basically lost their home advantage. :white:

#FreeBritney

• Based on the stats the dream team should be:
    Hanke - Lippmann/Toufarova (depending on whether they'd go by total pts or %)
    Poll - Kim
    Kakolewska - Struskova
    Witkowska

I'd pick Wolosz as setter and definitely Lippmann as OPP, and it's hard to pick 2nd OH beside Kim and 2nd MB beside Kakolewska, but I'd be ok with those mentioned above.

• I was just glancing at the stats and Sarina Koga of JPN took the most swings at 384 (Voronkova took 335). Maybe because JPN played more 5 set matches than most. Otherwise that's too lopsided for her team.

• I was just glancing at the stats and Sarina Koga of JPN took the most swings at 384 (Voronkova took 335). Maybe because JPN played more 5 set matches than most. Otherwise that's too lopsided for her team.

It's more about a mixture of her not being able to terminate like other spikers, being the only free wing spiker to spike and the inability of other teams to break through the defense of Japan. She's also their ace spiker so balls will definitely go to her than usual while her other teammates play more defensive.

So yeah... it's not really unusual especially that Nagaoka isn't here to be the focal point of offense for Japan.

#FreeBritney

• Congrats to Poland but Smarzek s attidute at the end when she blocked KYK wasnt right....

Put monster ZHU in Korea and the gold would be easy..... :super:

Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :what:
    She had the same role in Henan and her team fought to avoid the relegation. Zhu needs a team to work perfectly around her. KYK makes her team work perfectly, that's the difference.

KYK > Whoever you want

• Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :what:
    She had the same role in Henan and her team fought to avoid the relegation. Zhu needs a team to work perfectly around her. KYK makes her team work perfectly, that's the difference.

KYK > Whoever you want

It's not like Henan is a good team to begin with. :white:

South Korea can atleast be manageable and aware of of its weaknesses. Henan was a disaster. Doesn't help that they tire Zhu out til she got injured repeteadly. :whistle:

#FreeBritney

• Congrats Poland! What I found really disturbing while watching this match was how young Smarzek acted like a douche. Almost everytime after she blocked or killed a ball...and now all I hope is she will literally get blocked over and over until she cries on court in ECH.

Korea has terrible setters and this time their bench setter didnt do any better either, like yesterday against Germany. I'm 100% sure KYK is injured, otherwise I can't come up with a better explanation why she didnt use her regular jump serves, which she did only once and almost aced Poland in the beginning of 3rd set. That also explain why Korean setters used her at minimum numbers from the backrow. Simply, a full team one against an individual player. Once again, congrats to Poland and especially to Kakolewska and Witkowska for a great tournament.

• Didn't look like KYK was swinging very hard either. Maybe just tired.

• I am big fan ok KYK (really love her and I went several times in Turkey from Italy and UK just to watch her playing live) but to be honest I don't think she has any minor injury as she had quite a good game yesterday in semifinal and was performing well along this GP.
    It's just that her level have dropped a bit compared to previous years (especially with serve and this is the reason she mainly used the float one during last season) and today had a below the average game (till few years ago this was "impossible", now it happen sometime). The fact that her teammates are quite poor doesn't help (the only decent one is Kim Hee-Jin, but today was not her day either) and she couldn't solve the game on her own this time despite Poland is not top level team.
    What happen with Lee Hyo-Hee? She was much better than setters seen here at the olympics.

• right now, watching parts of the last match between SRB x CHN. i think at this moment, SRB is the top team in the world. if the olympics or WCh were today, they'd win it easily. mihailovic and boskovic just hit so hard, it's difficult to stop them. and setter connection to MBs is really good, they (specially stevanovic) get a lot of kills too.

yuan's screaming can be annoying, but really... people that were complaining, do they think about how she is not screaming at opponents' face, the way goncharova used to do or ... remember carcaces? that was her specialty. yuan is not being mean to opponents and shouting across the net.

now... ultimately, i still think the women have nothing on the men. if you want to talk about jerks on the court, it's men who are much worse.

• Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :what:

KYK > Whoever you want

So overrating!!!!!!!!!!!!KYK's success rate today is 10/35 28.6%. Seems like she very often below her standard. Which is not consistent. And It's just WGP group 2.
    Zhu Ting never has such low efficient rate (not even in Henan, even if her wrist is injured since CEV), not to mention success rate. Normally Zhu's success rate is 50%+,efficient rate is normally around 40%.
    I do know that KYK has better reception, but zhu is better in blocking.
    As for serves. Someone mention earlier about her jump serves as effective, what I observed is a lot of service errors :lol:

Want to know other players opinions?
    Gabi
    Akinrodawo
    Buijs
    Sherban
    (forgive me any wrong spelling)
    They all say thay admire Zhu Ting, and say she is on a whole another level.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?…5HEB4EsruHgc5PvA&index=35

Rasic said in a interview that Zhu is the right (score) machine.

They know it best because Zhu tops in NT level and in Professional level. countless MVP.

Just in case you accuse any of Zhu's skills. Someone posted to you before.

Rio Olympics stats:

Zhu Ting

#1 Best Scorer, Spiker
    #4 Best Receiver
    #5 Best Blocker
    #9 Best Digger
    #11 Best Server
    #14 Best Setter

Numbers Don't lie.

• Jeez, why don't you create a new theme for Zhu and gather more fans of her? Wouldn't that be easier?

I'm not a fan of those two but I don't think anyone amazing can play as good as they do with Korean setters. Well, setters are the first ones to be criticized and last to be praised but they were just awful, in particular #3, I wonder how she got selected as a member of a NT.

• right now, watching parts of the last match between SRB x CHN. i think at this moment, SRB is the top team in the world. if the olympics or WCh were today, they'd win it easily. mihailovic and boskovic just hit so hard, it's difficult to stop them. and setter connection to MBs is really good, they (specially stevanovic) get a lot of kills too.

yuan's screaming can be annoying, but really... people that were complaining, do they think about how she is not screaming at opponents' face, the way goncharova used to do or ... remember carcaces? that was her specialty. yuan is not being mean to opponents and shouting across the net.

now... ultimately, i still think the women have nothing on the men. if you want to talk about jerks on the court, it's men who are much worse.

Brazil did stopped Mihajlovic and ended up winning 3-0. (Put aside the fact that Boskovic is not on court.)