Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I think some of us here remarked that Xiaotong Liu seemed to have disappeared as the tournament went on (after a good showing at Montreux and the Prelims here). So sure, Zhu Ting gets to be the ultimate hero but she wouldn't have gotten the chance were it not for Xiaotong's block out attack followed by an ace serve ... and then two more serves that hit the net on their way over to get to 14-14.

Let's give Xiaotong some love :kiss:

• Any body playing or watching the match almost know at those critical moments, Zhu will be the only option of the Chinese setter. Blockers ready, back court defenders ready, but she is simply controlling the rhythm, jumping far higher than the blockers, powerful spikes that give no chance for diggers to react. Highly reliable, with such a player in the team, it is hard to believe that China would lose in any match.

• Well, of coz she needs a team around her, one cannot play alone. But I can say that if she is in any of the top 8 teams in the world, then that team will be the favourite of the champion.

The last time I saw that kind of saving match points with that clutch was during London Olympics Russia-Brazil quarterfinals match. Sheilla was practically on fire. :super:

But Zhu Ting Jesus. What a monster performance. It didn't matter if they were out of system. :super: And they said she is not a good player. She needs a team around her. :whistle:

I have to say Liu Xiaotong also did well during the serve. That was a great hold. I can only imagine the pressure on her. :drink:

• I'd also like to give a shout out to the guy who did the English commentary for the match. For me, he helped elevate the drama in the last minutes with his own emotional involvement. Well done.

• I think some of us here remarked that Xiaotong Liu seemed to have disappeared as the tournament went on (after a good showing at Montreux and the Prelims here). So sure, Zhu Ting gets to be the ultimate hero but she wouldn't have gotten the chance were it not for Xiaotong's block out attack followed by an ace serve ... and then two more serves that hit the net on their way over to get to 14-14.

Let's give Xiaotong some love :kiss:

:thumbsup: :thumbup:

Also credits to libero Wang Mengjie and ofcourse respect to the Dutch team

FjwP_mKpUZU

• Somebody should check Xiaotong for balls, man. That she fired off a jump serve ace at match point took balls. What a pro! :obey:

• I haven't seen much of Daalderop because I don't watch the German league, but in this match at least she looks like an absolute star already. I will be interested to see how she develops

She was at medium good team Aachen last season (already a good player) but is now with our vice champion, DVV cup and supercup winner Stuttgart. So I am glad about her development...

• What a great match! Zhu was phenomenal at the end :super: :super:

Zhu is just incredible; She didn't play well at the beginning but can adjust herself and deliver the points at the very crucial moments :super: ... also just noticed you are in Scotland as well :drink:

• And that is what China did! They fought and gave everything they had it, and to be honest I would not even blame them if they would have taken Zhu, Yuan, Xia out after the 3rd set. I`m wondering if they will be recovered and ready for the semis tomorrow. But that is what a Olympic Champion Team does. So proud of this Chinese Team.

In addition, part of the reason why I really want China to beat Netherlands tomorrow (resting some of the players or not) is that Brazil beat Dominican Republic in 2014 WCH which helped (though not necessarily intentionally) China advance into the semi-final. Time to pay back if you can.

• Liu Xiaotong`s serves were crucial for the win. Zhu doing she does.....

And what a performance by Daalderop :heart: .

I can`t wait for the semis. I wanted Brazil in the semis because they will be a really good test for Serbia, especially because Brazil did not play yesterday and will be fresh tomorrow, but if Brazil wins OMGGG will S#$@$# myself in the head. But I trust and believe in the Serbian girls.

• also at the end of the match, jamie morrison had to have his players ask for a TO before he called it... doesn't really look good for him.

3 times, liu xiaotong's serve rolled over the net. she was playing it really close, but it did destroy NED's concentration.

• who's the british commentator doing the fivb transmissions? finally someone who knows something about VB. remember all those horrible commentators during last WCup????

Oh yes, I was going to write this earlier, finally someone who knows what he's talking about. I can't watch London 2012 matches because of the idiotic commentary, and the ones from the Rio OQT are even worse.