Women's World Grand Prix 2017

• I will said it before and I will say it again... SHAME on the 11 teams. And they should be hitting their heads on the wall with Brazil winning it again....

...I honestly don`t think Brazil will ever loose the Grand Prix, if they can win with a Brand new set of players and rookies, how will they ever NOT win?? Every team out there must open their eyes and play better and with more passion and fire just like Brazil does..

:mad: :obey: :aww: :what:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• When was the last time Italy Men won any gold medal? The women won back in 2011 right?

2005 Eurovolley.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• ahahah I was wondering the same!!!! :whistle:

With Brazil might be getting stronger with this line-up next year you might be ready for some more heartbreak HAHAHAHA

But do you think Gabi and Juciely will still have their sport in the NT?

gabi - she's still young and brazil always have problems on who to put on the OH position so I think she's still going to be selected or at least one of the options.
    juciely - she's already too old BUT if she continues to play really well, why not?

• gabi - she's still young and brazil always have problems on who to put on the OH position so I think she's still going to be selected or at least one of the options.
    juciely - she's already too old BUT if she continues to play really well, why not?

But with Rosamaria, Natalia, Fe Garay, and Drussyla around, will she be able to grab her spot?

Juciely might be old, but she is still a world-class player. She was the reason Rexona won that fifth-set on the recent Superliga final.

• no, it means to "throw something away." for example, if you throw a good fillet mignon steak to the dogs... you want to keep it for yourself.

throw somebody to the dogs

to allow someone to be criticized or attacked, often in order to protect yourself from being criticized or attacked I reallyfelt as if I'd been thrown to the dogs just to save other people's reputations.
    See also: dog, throw
    Cambridge Idioms Dictionary, 2nd ed. Copyright © Cambridge University Press 2006. Reproduced with permission.

• Best setter should be Roberta, and MVP Tandara or even Egonu.

Natalia deserves it but she already won it last year. I think this makes her the only back to back MVP.

Boskovic best OPP :box:

• throw somebody to the dogs

to allow someone to be criticized or attacked, often in order to protect yourself from being criticized or attacked I reallyfelt as if I'd been thrown to the dogs just to save other people's reputations.

I can confirm this is how the expression is used here in the UK at least

• congrats to italy for silver! i'm pretty sure that this young team will be a more dangerous opponent in the future :flower:

to brazil - wow, everybody actually played! :white: talk about team play!

• Truth is stranger than fiction!

Just around 12 months ago the Chinese team won big in the Brazilian soil. The host got empty handed.

This time the Brazilian team returned the favor, it won here after passed the needle hole, thus it's a big win as well, and the same thing also happened, the host got nothing either.

Just a funny tidbit :-)

But I'm happy to see the Brazilian team gets the trophy again after I lost my horse. It seems this team really has the multi-year contract with WGP liken the Japanese has the multi-year contract with FIVB for hosting the World Cup :P So congratulations to the Brazilian team for the 12th trophy iirc! What an achievement!

As for the Italian team, it has been performing much better than most folks might ever expect at the beginning, just a few might truly expect this team to come that far in this F6 round. Yet it did make it. But unlike in the preceding match, there's no such X factor sided with this team today, in fact the X factor might very well have switched side today to the Brazilian favor watching how the games developed. But having a silver medal is still quite an achievement for this dark horse team, indeed. So congratulations too!

“There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.”

• Other than Sheila Castro has there any other player that won the MVP more than once?

Logan Tom has not been MVP?? wow

• Logan Tom has not been MVP?? wow

Yes, she has. He was talking about two time MVP players. Logan won in 2004 despite the US not being able to reach the finals