2017 FIVB World League

• I think we should thank Faezi for punching/poking to the face/eye of MirzaJP while celebrating a point ! that was blessing in disguise :D Manavi-N. saved the match for Iran with a brilliant performance alongside Ghafour. playing with the reserve team paid off for Kolakovic.

Very good national team debut for SalAfzoon. even though not really a debut. Zoran Gajic used him to the NT 10 years ago for the 2008 Olympic Qualifiers in Japan when he was 15 ! 8o

• I think we should thank Faezi for punching/poking to the face/eye of MirzaJP while celebrating a point ! that was blessing in disguise :D Manavi-N. saved the match for Iran with a brilliant performance alongside Ghafour. playing with the reserve team paid off for Kolakovic.

Very good national team debut for SalAfzoon. even though not really a debut. Zoran Gajic used him to the NT 10 years ago for the 2008 Olympic Qualifiers in Japan when he was 15 ! 8o

Manavinezhad was a beeeeast! The Brazilian broadcasters here were going crazy over him during the match. :D

• This Vernon kid is ridiculously athletic. I'm excited to watch him play in Poland next season. :super:

He jumped from High school volleyball to the NT (full time trainings for a year), skipping the university volleyball. This is the reason why he's landing to Poland next season. :D

• Yeah that Iran substitute OH jumped really high and with acceleration. I saw his profile in FIVB and his spiking reach shouldn't be that low in reality.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Serbia fighting a hard battle.

Canada has so much potential...

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• FIVB will be streaming all games on youtube :heart: .

They blocked EVERYTHING for Serbia, even groups 2 and 3. :aww: :wall: I had to install Hola extension for Firefox to watch the games.

• Do you guys know which site I can download all the Group 1 videos? The FIVB site won't let me download their videos. Any other channel providing full coverage for Group 1?

You can download from their youtube channel.

• do you know how to download directly from their channel because i have been trying to download them but it said forbidden -failed. i have been using keepvid and tubeoffline to no avail. any other method i can use? i cannot use idm because my company's computer won't allow me to install any apps/ :down:

• I use 4k video downloader to download videos from youtube. Might not work for all videos though.

• Any thoughts on Japan's 178-cm OH, Asano? I only got to see him play one set, and that was in the match against Australia. He hit so fast and I don't remember him seeing any tentative swing from him at all. Coach Philippe Blain says he has introduced a new system so I wonder if Asano will have a more permanent place in the starting lineup.

• the first time i heard of asano was , i think, at the olympic qual. he was mostly a serving sub, but he's remarkable for being such a short OH (178 cm). i think ESP also has an OH that is of the same height (ruiz).

any thoughts on OPP takahashi? he seems promising, if not just because he's pretty tall (200 cm), and shimizu won't be around forever.

• I'm back from Novi Sad :D :drink: I spoked with a lot of people but Vital Heynen is a God :obey: what a cool, easy going guy, he was happy like a child after beating Serbia :rolll: Belgium played great match, probably the best in last 2 years and it was pleasure to watch them. Very simply tactics by Heynen as they targeted Uroš with floats knowing his bump pass isn't good at all. That was their key tactic, Heynen admitted to me. Van den Dries and Deroo had some strong spikes but in general they were playing very soft in attack, targeting block out instead "real" kill.

USA young squad simply couldnt match other teams despite taking point vs Canada. Canadians were error prone, in every match they were on 35+ mistakes due huge service riske but managed to overcome that by really good defence and attack. In general they impressed me the most in Novi Sad, especially Sanders :obey: and Vernon Evans while Perrin acted as a true leader.

USA will have tough time in WL, I'm not sure will they have more than 2 wins, even that would be surprise for me. Clark is total disaster, no wonder no one wanted to sign him. On other side Patch is athetic but incredibly unintelligent player. I know they r building team for Tokyo but this doesnt look good. Christenson, E.Shoji and Sander were good, also Smith but no bench at all :whistle:

Serbia... it's hard to explain what happened against Belgium but they underestimated them. Overall they looked really shaky, dunno what they acn change in a few days :whistle: