2017 FIVB World League

• Being a Chinese, I hope to have more Asian teams to play in group 1 to improve the Asian volleyball level. But it was really non-sense to stop teams like Slovenia from joining world league next year. They are absolutely playing a level higher than almost all the Asian teams including Australia China Korea Japan. Actually the 3-group system is not bad, but they just need more inter-group mobility, like increasing the relegation/promotion quotas from 1 to 3. It will make teams in any group to have far more motivation to win every match.

This is the most apsurd explanation I've heard in a while... So only Asian teams should improve their level but who f*cks Slovenia, Belgium which deserved place in Division 1? Not a single Asian team werent even close to win Division 2 since the WL changed format :aww: I would like to see Croatia in Division 1 but I'm realistic and would have the same attitude if Croatia joined Div 1.

I found interesting fact - Far East Asian teams (Japan, China, South Korea) in 712 matches in Division 1 & 2 won only 167 till this season :obey: even Spain won more matches than China and S. Korea :teach:

Japan 67/297
    China 47/188
    South Korea 53/174

These Asian teams won only 23,45% of their WL matches. I'm asking what they should improve in general? Loss ratio? On what grounds did China and Japan get seven-year contracts? Seven f*cking years! We all know what stands behind taking China, Japan and South Korea in Division 1 and that's not quality.

• Europe always gets the short end of the stick tbh. Just like last year. Only 4 European Teams in the olympics for both men and women. So terrible which made the games very predictable. FIVB always trying to do its best to limit Europe for the sake of geographical balance excuses which only hurts competition at the end. London was still one of the best olympics tbh. So much drama and so much passion. Rio can only wish it has half of its legacy. :whistle:

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Simplest reason China and Japan are in is cash, eyeballs and Olympics to come in 2020.

FIVB is trying to get more money from the Olympics, it was one of the 9 things that FIVB put at their future goals.

To do this, it needs very populated countries watching the sport.

Population data from the CIA World Factbook:

Argentina 44 million
    Australia 23 million (Group 2)
    Belgium 11 million
    Brazil 206 million
    Bulgaria 7 million
    Canada 35 million
    China 1,373 million (Group 2)
    France 67 million
    Iran 83 million
    Italy 62 million
    Japan 127 million (Group 2)
    Poland 38 million
    Russia 142 million
    Serbia 7 million
    USA 324 million

Total Population 1,026 million (add in Group 2 teams +1,523 million)

Or in other terms, potential to increase viewing potential by 150% (not that everyone would watch at the same time)

• :P

The problem with this is we could see a rise of importance of continental leagues(CEV can even make one for teams that aren't participating in the world league akin to EURO championships for football) and a decrease of Team As of Top Teams participating the World League if there's no relegation at all for any of the 12 teams protected by FIVB especially in the coming years so they can rest them for WCH, Qualification Matches for Olympics and the Olympics itself.

So in the end FIVB is hurting itself. Competition imo is the harbinger of viewers and fear of relegation usually provides that thrill to viewers.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Not Evandro and Lipe injured,the rest of the players think they are the same

It is not really a secret if you follow their social media. lol

S: Bruno, Raphael
    OPP: Wallace, Renan
    OHs: Lucarelli, Maurício Borges, Lucas Lóh, Rodriguinho
    MBs: Lucão, Éder, Maurício Souza, Otávio, Isac
    L: Thales, Tiago Brendle

Lipe, Evandro and Douglas were cut; Isac and Lóh returned.

• France Roster:

S: TONIUTTI Benjamin, BRIZARD Antoine
    OPP: BOYER Stephen ROSSARD Thibault

OHs: CLEVENOT Trévor, LYNEEL Julien, NGAPETH Earvin, QUESQUE Guillaume
    MBs: CHINENYEZE Barthelemy, BULTOR Daryl, LE GOFF Nicolas, LE ROUX Kévin
    L: GREBENNIKOV Jénia, ROSSARD Nicolas

• I can't believe semifinals will be held on Friday and final match is on Saturday :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: