2017 FIVB World League

• Well done Canada!! They really deserved to get a medal in this tournament. Antiga gave the chance for almost everyone to play throughout the whole tournament and show what they could do.

I hope they will keep improving getting stronger and they will for sure be able to compete head to head with any Top Team in this Olympic Cycle.

• The stadium looks packed tonight! Now it is looking like a true spectacle. :D

That being said, I am not sure I want to put myself through possibly yet another loss in a WL final, but hey... :gone:

• No matter the result tonight, I'm so glad the team finally found a new libero with potential to be a full-time starter in Thales. He's been great for someone in their first ever tournament with the adult NT. I like Tiago Brendle, but he doesn't have the leadership quality that Thales seems to have naturally.

• Both teams are playing really well so far. This French this is really young, Boyer 21, Chinenyeze 19, Clevenot 22. I don`t think they have anyone over 30.

Clevenot playing really well.

• France is playing superb volleyball and was crushing Brazil. But Lucas`s serves brought them back to life and they almost turned this around.

I wish there were more players like Ngapeth.

I don`t think Thales is playing great.

• Holy Holy what a GAME.... I think this was the best WL ever, and ended as the best game ever, or at least ties with Brazil vs Serbia (2003 and 2009).

Before this game Leroux and Lucas were probably the 2 worst serves in the world, but things changed tonight.

I feel sorry for Brazil, but France deserved this one. I like that Clevenot got the Gold Medal point :flower:

I wonder who will be MVP ....Ngapeth or Boyer should take it.

Thank you FIVB and Curitba for a amazing tournament. :thumbsup:

• Awards

Best OH - Ngapeth (10k)
    2nd OH - Lucarelli (10k)
    Best MB - LeRoux (10k)
    2nd MB - Vigrass (10k)
    Setter - Toniutti (10k)
    Libero - Bann Blair (10k)
    OPP - Wallace (10k)

MVP - Ngapeth (30k).

• did somebody have a link to watch a replay of the final ?FIVB YouTube is blocked for french users ...

Les pieds dans le fumier, mais toujours le verbe haut et la tête droite ! Cocorico !

• Don`t blame FIVB...

Do you work at FIVB? How come you tell us not to blame them???
    The finals were successful, but the final match at 11pm is THEIR fault. It's their problem if they can't sell the match to TV in another schedule.

• France has got everything I like about volleyball.

So sad I couldn't watch a single match of the F6. USA Team ended 4th, Amazing result for us, going around the world with the youngest team among the elite ones and playing with few guys who have 0 pro volleyball experience. I can see bright future.

I'm very happy for Canada, no longer a one-man team like they very often used to be. This generation has a lot of talents. They made the history.

Serbia... :whistle: Without Atanasijevic gold medal last season. With Atanasijevic epic fail on the last step. History keep going on and on... BUT HE IS A PHENOMENON. :rolll: I hope someone in Perugia opens his eyes.

• I dont live in Brazil anymore. But when I lived there Globo would never ever change your schedule for anything in the World, but only for the World Cup. The only time they would broadcast sports would be in the afternoons 3pm or in the mornings at 9am.

Or do you think they could cancel one soap opera episode to show the WL live at 7pm? Of Course they won`t do it.

As I said I dont live there and I dont know much what`s going on, but when I check Globo`s Tv guide I see that after 10 years nothing has changed on their schedule.

Do you work at FIVB? How come you tell us not to blame them???
    The finals were successful, but the final match at 11pm is THEIR fault. It's their problem if they can't sell the match to TV in another schedule.

• I`m sorry but you are wrong. Team`s average age.

Brazil 29
    USA 26
    Russia 26
    France 25
    Canada 25
    Serbia 25

Unless you wanna consider Smith (32), Shoji (30 and 28), Clark (28), Muaguitia (29) Watten (31) Mcdonnel ( 29) as been "young".

U think Patch is young? Boyer and Vernon are even younger. Jendrik ? Chineenyeze is younger. Sander and Janske ? Maar, Lucarelli, CLevenot, Barnes are all younger.

And some of them have no pro experience as well. Vernon just finished High School.

So yeahhh :lol:

France and Canada was the 2 youngest Team.

So sad I couldn't watch a single match of the F6. USA Team ended 4th, Amazing result for us, going around the world with the youngest team among the elite ones and playing with few guys who have 0 pro volleyball experience. I can see bright future.

• Atanasijevic is not fully healthy. He did not even started any games. He only came later, and still if you had watched you would see the numbers he put on. It was not his fault.

Serbia and Russia had the disadvantage to start on the 2nd day only. And all teams played really bad in their first game. So when Serbia and Russia played their 1st game they played bad as well, but US and Canada had just played the day before and were more used to the stadium and cold and counted in their favor.

And not to mention he did not even play much at all in the preliminary round, and he did not even go with the team to Argentina in the 3rd week. And there were 2 weeks offs until the Finals started. He was just out of rhythm ...after not playing for about 1 month and playing your first game in a stadium in the cold where you got to practice for only 2 days it is very hard. Still as soon he came in he had a huge impact and almost turned things around for Serbia.

• I read it on the media. Not my fault. They said youngest team of the preliminary round. :lol:

Still Langlois, DeFalco, Jendryk and Patch didn't start play pro volleyball. Next summer the team will be even better. DeFalco still has 2 years at CSULB to play. The others are coming to Europe (Patch and Langlois to Itay). :dance6:

• While France grabbed a phenomenal victory over Brazil to reclaim the WL title, the final game evidenced once more Toniutti is very conservative about the attacking options (N'gapeth and Boyer only) at important time. As the game approached the later stage, he's increasingly reliant on N'gapeth to the extent that the opponent blockers almost didn't need to guess. A superb N'gapeth today helped the team get away with the trophy back home, but you can't expect it to happen every time. I think that Toniutti's conservative distribution (usually starting from the middle of set 3) is part of the reason why France could not maintain the lead till the end of the games in WL and OG last year. He could have trusted the other players a bit more to help reduce the burden off N'gapeth and Rouzier's shoulders.