CEV U19 European Championship 2017 | Hungary & Slovakia

• I agree with you Kaziyski, I also read and heard that for Italy the 'teams to beat' where considered Russia and Poland among all, plus may be Bulgaria? (I don't remember the others beside Poland and Russia).

Ps I'm obviously glad Italy got the final also with the guys! But I'm obviously following the CL so I won't watch the match.

Nah Kk15, everyone has right to express opinion but I saw serdars post as trolling. Turkey was the only regional champion in Puchov's group, Slovakia was 5th (!!) in MEVZA and managed to lose against Croatia (we r mega poor) and Israel. Czechs were 2nd after Hungray trashed them in finals (same squads) etc. What to say more? I'm following younger competitions for a while and have contacts to check stuff about potential etc.

After watching yday's matches I can only say this is tragic ECH. Gameplay level is really low, all teams lacks stability and consistency despite they r young. To support this take a look on this link

http://www.cev.lu/Competition-…hStatistics.aspx?ID=29766

With all respect to Czechs I cannot explain how Russia lost this match.

• I wasn't trolling. Pre-tournament games are not good indicators for this level. I think the seeding method for Junior U20 is wrong since it is based on the previous year's U20 ranking. It should seed the teams based on their U19 performance which is a better criteria. However, U19 level is hard to seed and kind of gambling.

I don't get why you think Czech's win over Russia was fluke. Today Turkey also win over them :whistle: It could have ended up even 3-1. Adis LAgumdzija had an amazing performance again with 32 points (%79 attacking ratio). Also Batuhan Avcı (17 years old) is a great prospect. He played as starter OH in Beşiktaş and showed a very good performance. Our problem with this generation was lack of good MBs but we had good MB prospects from older generations and missing good Opps and OHs. Although we got only bronze medal, I am happy with two very promising players

• The Poletaev, Pankov, Vlasov and Kliuka era is over guys. Russia will not keep on pumping up youth players who are actually NT-ready forever.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Great start for the Czechs. Italian setter confused.

Favorite players: M: Maxim Mikhaylov, Murilo, Serginho, Aaron Russell, Otavio, Simone Giannelli, Ivan Zaytsev, Tsvetan Sokolov, Michał Kubiak, Mariusz Wlazly, Pawel Zagummy W: Sheilla, Zhu Ting, Natalia, Fe Garay, Fofao, Gabi, Thaisa, Foluke Akinradewo, Wei Qiuyue, Ding Xia, Carli Lloyd, Fabi, Natalia Goncharova, Yuko Sano, Saoris Kimura and Sakoda

#FreeBritney

• Czech won over Italy 3-2 and reached the gold medal while Italy reached the silver again and Turkey got bronze as they did in 2015 :super:

I am happy to see Adis got the MVP award. It is quite rare to give the MVP to a player from bronze medal team (the last time I remember was Naz Aydemir received in 2008 European Junior Championship) Adis showed such a dominating performance at not only attacking but also serving and blocking (best scorer, best server and 5th best blocker) he totally deserved it :obey: I hope he will play as starter in Galatasaray next season. I also like Sotola a lot, really strong hitter, not on the level of Polataev but he seems to be a great prospect for Czech NT

MVP Adis Lagumdzija (TUR)

Dream Team

Setter: Ondrej Piskacek (CZE)
    Opposite hitter: Marek Sotola (CZE)
    Outside hitter: Batuhan Avci (TUR)
    Outside hitter: Davide Gardini (ITA)
    Middle blocker: Lorenzo Cortesia (ITA)
    Middle blocker: Vitalii Dikarev (RUS)
    Libero: Filippo Federici (ITA)

• So the czech team really did it? 8o :super:
    Even if you take the usual ups and downs of this age group into account, this truly comes as a surprise. Especially if you consider that they were really really close of not qualifying at all. But congrats anyway :thumbup:

German team missed ECH by overall 5 Ball points :wall: . Czech team got lucky, as their loss to last placed Latvia was not counted/deducted.