Turkish NT 2017

• alright please calm down~
    this is just the World Championship qualifier. Given that Guidetti was just back from Japan, he only had 2 weeks to prepare for the qualifier, he almost has no time to work with the newcomers in NT. The only target of this tournament is just to guarantee a spot in the championship. The exploration and testing of new and young talents should be the goal of world grand prix (or even european championship).
    It would be stupid for him to risk losing in the group (with only some middle level opponents) by testing the young players now.
    Same in Russia, Goncha Koshe will be in the qualifier and followed by a break in the WGP2017.
    I am not saying Guidetti is a wise man but it would be more appropriate to discuss his selection of player in the WGP instead of WC qualifier.

• I watched Turkish league this season because of zhuting. There are lots of young talents at receiver,MB,setter,libero,but few opposite(neslihan is too old now).The weakest point of turkey NT is a world class opposite. If guddetti can find one, turkey can enter olympics. If not, i think turkey will fail again vs any of Serbia,Russia,Netherlands,Italy....

• Very nice and short interview from the trainigs camp with Guidetti. I don't have time to translate it right now, I can do that in a few hours or maybe someone else may do it as well. He explains actually why he called also the experienced ones as you guys say the old ones to the NT.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=GE2QGKM9H0k

And here are some short interviews with some players

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9bCvk_32ts

• The translation: He says, it is his first try with this NT, of course he knows all the players because either they play for his club or they play against him/and his club. He knows the special features of any single player that is why He called all the best turkish players, he is training with 33 players and a huge technical staff. They have 2 times a day training. The motivation of the players are really good and they all do anything to become a part of this team. There are 3 main factors for the preparation of the finals, first the WCHQ at the end of this month, second the players who are ready to play this tournement and the last is players He does know very well and close. The reason for that is, he has no time to explain his volleyball system or to teach them new stuff. Players who know his system will get the first chance to play and he will build the best and strongest team for the gold medal at the European Championship.

• According to voleyboldefteri, last 15 players are:

Setters: Naz, Cagla
    Opposites: Polen, Meryem
    OHs: Gözde, Neriman, Seda, Guldeniz, Hande
    MBs: Eda, Kubra, Bahar, Busra
    Liberos: Gizem Örge, Melis

Gamze shared in her instagram two days ago that she is having knee pain for the first time in her life, she looked in pain. That explains why she is out. Besides, according to voleyboldefteri, Neslihan has a shoulder injury and that's why she is out.

• The biggest surprised in this squad are lack of Diclenur and Fatma Yildirim. Beyza was out of picture since she was competing with Eda and Kubra but Diclenur had Bahar & Busra infront of her and she performed 10 times better than both during the season. Actually Bahar was her sub. I understand Fatma Yildirim choice, she had such an inconsistent season and I'm sure Guidetti didn't like her performance during the camp and went with reliable alternatives like Gözde & Guldeniz.

Above all, it is really sad that Gamze and Neslihan are not there due to their injuries :white: I was excited to watch Gamze but that is how life is!

• The biggest surprised in this squad are lack of Diclenur and Fatma Yildirim. Beyza was out of picture since she was competing with Eda and Kubra but Diclenur had Bahar & Busra infront of her and she performed 10 times better than both during the season. Actually Bahar was her sub. I understand Fatma Yildirim choice, she had such an inconsistent season and I'm sure Guidetti didn't like her performance during the camp and went with reliable alternatives like Gözde & Guldeniz.

Above all, it is really sad that Gamze and Neslihan are not there due to their injuries :white: I was excited to watch Gamze but that is how life is!

I'm also surprised about Dicle but Guidetti clearly stated in his last interview that he will only use the players who know his system and to be honest as long as starting players are there I really don't mind who is on the bench for this tournament. I'm sure dicle will be back for GP.

I'm more concerned about the absence of Nesli. Let's see what Meryem is capable of :rolleyes: I expect Hande to be the last player to be cut

• Hmm I don't really like his final choices that much either... imo Ezgi Dilik and Cansu Özbay are both better then super overrated Çağla and Im very sad about Gamze's injury as I wanted to see her as well. And as I said I would not have picked super shaky Çagla over Cansu or Ezgi who were great this season. Naz will be starter in this case I guess which is good ofcourse. Also didnt expect Dicle Nur to be cut since she blocked pretty well. Büşra still being there, I just have no words for that. Also I prefer Neslihan over Polen but at least Meryem can be starter now and show what she can do. Polen doesnt deserve to be in NT. Also I certainly hope Hande will not be cut as she is our future basically, better cut Seda or something. With Naz, Kubra+Eda, Meryem and players like Hande, Neriman, Gözde as starter options we should be able to the pretty well though the 15 names together I cant call it a dream team. The match against Russia tomorrow will reveal a bit.

• No Beyza and I see Özge Nur there :wall:

Good job guidetti, gives no chance to the young talents who actually played on their team throughout the season and were better then some names on here but players like Özgenur, Polen, Meliha, Melis Durul, Gözde Yilmaz are there... Anyone notices how a lot of the players he picks are his own (ex) players, his wife and a few extras?

I'm only happy to see Meryem again, she is clearly better then Polen by miles

This honestly kind of looks like a Ferhat selection, only Ferhat would add Nursevil and cut Gamze, Meryem and Dicle

• It's wrong for almost every player in any NT :whistle:

• It's wrong for almost every player in any NT :whistle:

There will be almost all young players in World grand prix 2017. Next year, you will see lots of young faces in national team. Guddetti has no time to put these young players together within two weeks, that is why he still uses strongest old players now based on vakifbank club structure. :teach:

• Ahhahah dagdelenler

Its obvious Meryem is the best Opp she just needs some extra confidence. Against the best opponent Bulgaria she got almost 50% in attack being the second best spiker and best scorer of Turkey. Anyway I think the team works now Meryem is at least MUCH better then Polens 20% s and Seda's 0% XD I think we can all agree on that.

• Meryem wasn't any spectacular. Sure, she got her points but was blocked too often and most of all she was a big hole in defense, even in passing free balls she was a problem. Playing as OPP isn't all about just hitting.

But yes, as long as Turkey doesn't have anyone better, Meryem should play.